Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northcountry
not plastic,
Cheers NC

Why not plastic? What is so great about carrying extra weight?

Include polymer framed pistols and the horizon expands until choices are many. There is no sensible argument against them.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by johnw
not plastic,
Cheers NC

Include polymer framed pistols and the horizon expands until choices are many. There is no sensible argument against them.

Personal preference is a legitimate argument...

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johnw
not plastic,
Cheers NC

1st off. not all plastic are rated for +P and definitely not +P+ Also the metal/alloy are or can be slimmer. Thank you. Cheers NC

Last edited by northcountry; 07/25/16.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glock 19 in a Galco IWB, It disappears under my untucked T-shirt

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Smith 6906

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ran a CZ P-01 through its paces a while back, believe it went through their custom shop with a very nice trigger. A rep was describing that pistol as surviving extensive torture testing for military/ le purposes. It fell into the compact category. I liked the pistol, but in reality, I personally believe that a G19 to be a superior choice.

You can make quite a number of options work well, and many have very unique stylish niche choices. But casting those aside, and looking at a solid uber reliable utilitarian recommendation, I'd say the G19 sets the benchmark for a concealed carry combat pistol. But, if the primary task at hand was for a small conceal carry pistol, that was easy to carry concealed, and something that would never be left behind, while still being large enough to run like a combat pistol, I'd then recommend the G43.

Last edited by GaryVA; 07/25/16.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Looking for one to carry CCW. Perimeters: DA/SA could be 9MM, 40S&W or 10MM 10-14 rounds, slim profile, barrel 3.4-3.7 not plastic, capable of +P, and doesn't break the bank. May I hear the suggestions. Thank you for your time. P.S. something along the lines of the Taurus PT111-G2
Cheers NC
Consider the CZ-75 P01. That's recently become my daily carry. Nice compact and reliable double-stack 9mm. I don't like to mess with safeties, so mine is the D type, which stands for decocker. No safety, just like on a Sig. It won't break the bank, either.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BamBam
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by smallfry
CZ 75 compact
Yep. CZ 75D PCR. It might be the best CCW pistol out there.
[Linked Image]

Excellent choice!
Agreed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My next purchase will be either a CZ P01 Omega (if I can find one) or a P-07. They are fantastic carry guns.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Looking for one to carry CCW. Perimeters: DA/SA could be 9MM, 40S&W or 10MM 10-14 rounds, slim profile, barrel 3.4-3.7 not plastic, capable of +P, and doesn't break the bank. May I hear the suggestions. Thank you for your time. P.S. something along the lines of the Taurus PT111-G2
Cheers NC
Consider the CZ-75 P01. That's recently become my daily carry. Nice compact and reliable double-stack 9mm. I don't like to mess with safeties, so mine is the D type, which stands for decocker. No safety, just like on a Sig. It won't break the bank, either.

[Linked Image]

Dear God, it's hammer fired and DA/SA. Haven't you learned what you've said here about those being unfit for defensive carry? The irony (or hypocrisy) is thick.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Striker vs. Hammer is an argument just not worth arguing. Striker has advantage in mud, hammer has an advantage in water; both are solidly proven systems.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
GunGeek
Thanks. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NC,
Seriously, the best non Tupperware pistols out there are:

CZ-75PCR or P01
Sig 229
Beretta 92 Compact

And honestly all 3 are so damm good, you could just randomly point to any one of them and walk away with a seriously solid pistol.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
CZ 75 compact for sure if you plan to use +P ammo.
A: it's all steel and weighs about the same as a SIG P229.
B: it has enough grip to hang on to.
C: they're a good pistol
D: meet the price point.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I bought my Daughter, who turned 21, a Glock 17. I'm going to put Pyramid trigger in it for her. Her Glock trigger is less than ideal. I put a Pyramid trigger in my Glock 20 that I carried on duty. There is a HUGE difference in the Pyramid trigger and an out of the box Glock trigger.

I bought my wife a Glock 19. She's a more seasoned shooter, and the G19 is easily concealable, and you only lose two rounds of capacity to the G17.

I believe the G19 is one of the best concealed carry handguns available.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Amazing how many did not read the OP.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep.

The very reason I recommended the P229. And it is slim when considering what the OP is asking for.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep.

The very reason I recommended the P229. And it is slim when considering what the OP is asking for.

Do you actually own a P229? I do. And the damn thing is seriously thick. Very nice gun, but THICK. The reason I asked if you meant a P239. I've carried both extensively. The 239 is slightly smaller in all three dimensions (height, length, and width) and is lighter, that is pretty significant.

The S&W 6906 recommended by CT, or one of the CZs recommended above will meet the capacity and construction requirement suggested by the op.

Most folks I've instructed, including myself, have reconsidered concealed carry of heavy, thick guns after carrying something lighter and thinner. Some recommendations here reflect this. Hopefully the OP will consider this in his purchase.

Last edited by 1Nut; 07/27/16.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by 1Nut
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep.

Do you actually own a P229? I do. And the damn thing is seriously thick. Very nice gun, but THICK. The reason I asked if you meant a P239. I've carried both extensively. The 239 is slightly smaller in all three dimensions (height, length, and width) and is lighter, that is pretty significant.

Did you read the OP? Have you fit 10-14 rounds in a 239?

I own a 229. Easy IWB. It also fits the OP's parameters.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1Nut
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep.

Did you read the OP? Have you fit 10-14 rounds in a 239?

I own a 229. Easy IWB. It also fits the OP's parameters.

I did read the OP and responded accordingly. If you think a 229 is easy IWB carry, you've not carried much else IWB for comparison. What holster you use?

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1936M71, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,840 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,506
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.