Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sorry if this has already been posted.
There is something you can do

"I invite People of Color to ask for what we need to feel better, be happier, be more productive by posting in this space. These may be both material and immaterial requests.

I invite people who identify as White to offer services or contributions to People of Color in need of time, energy, substantive care, and support."

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'll donate 2 cows, a cook pot and a one-way ticket to Rwanda to anyone who feels they're deserving of reparations.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"What if you actually did something meaningful for someone before the end of the year?

What if a stranger restored your belief in humanity, if only for a moment, by supporting you and allowing you to claim something you need in a material way?

I invite People of Color to ask for what we need to feel better, be happier, be more productive by posting in this space. These may be both material and immaterial requests.

I invite people who identify as White to offer services or contributions to People of Color in need of time, energy, substantive care, and support."

I'm not sure how to adequately describe this statement. Self-delusional is only a surface reaction. Sadness mostly seems to describe the emotions this produces at deeper levels. Sadness that someone actually believes this is the route to happiness and success. It goes against everything I have ever read, heard or experienced about how to actually succeed in life.

"Restore my faith in humanity - give me something for free." The underlying message seems to be "people of color can't help themselves, only white people can help us."

"I invite People of Color to ask for what we need to feel better, be happier, be more productive by posting in this space." Okay, how about THE PRIDE THAT COMES FROM SELF-SUFFICIENCY, FROM DOING IT ON YOUR OWN."

One step taken on your own provides a sweeter reward, makes you "feel better" than being carried a hundred miles.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It still boils down to begging. Just not on a street corner.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I think everyone should put that as an offer on the page and watch them spazz out.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
"The soft bigotry of low expectations" comes to mind.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My family has already done that. 150 years ago when they left Iowa to go fight in the Civil war. They were northern farmers and had no real obligation to go but did it anyway. I see our family debt as paid in full. It's not my fault that the coloreds did not take full advantage of the gift.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I'll donate 2 cows, a cook pot and a one-way ticket to Rwanda to anyone who feels they're deserving of reparations.

I second that! I have said in the past that we should pay reparations with only one requirement; renounce their US citizenship and return to Africa never to return for any reason.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Books request

"I am a 40 year old Louisiana native with a passion for reading and writing, however, I can rarely afford to indulge in buying the books I want. I understand that libraries are a good resource, but reading is a sacrifice of time and energy, and if I sacrifice these things, should I not at least get to keep some of the books I become so attached to? If you love books, then you know what I mean. I understand this is not an emergency, but I don't have tv and I am terribly alone, so it is worth a shot. If anyone has the kindness to send me a barnes and noble gift card, or money for thriftbooks.com, it would mean so much to me."

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Should......... WTF

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wonder how many white libs are going to jump on that?

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Wonder how many white libs are going to jump on that?

Very few, but you can bet your azz they'll get in line to vote for a government that will force the rest of us to do it.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
You know some white guy full of guilt is making ammo dispensers for big city street corners.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What about reparations for the White victims of black crime since the 1960's???

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I invite those racist hypocrites wanting something for nothing, who have been repeatedly incarcerated, to contribute to a fund to repay all the hard working Americans, who have been paying their way their entire pathetic lives.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Wondering what amount of "administrative fees" she will skim off the top?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Who gives a flying [bleep] what color someone's skin is. I have lived the last 35 years under affirmative action and that racist program is beginning to piss me off. I'm done being forced to give up my rights because someone with some other color skin thinks they've been wronged somehow. I didn't wrong them so they can just GFY. Get a job and get over it or go back to whatever [bleep] you self identify with.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think the Dems owe them for subjugating them to lives of poverty, crime, limited expectations and advancement, and living off the dole... and forcing them to lower themselves to voting D...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
White person; I offer my services in helping you fill out a JOB APPLICATION and constructive encouragement such as a kick in the azz.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I was laughing my azz off yesterday, when I read that. Absolute insanity, but then, look at who posted it. smile

in retrospect, I have to admit that yesterday I stopped by one of the local black barber shops, and spent an hour drinking beer and shooting the bull with the owners, old, old friends, about CCW, fishing, hunting and how stupid hillary is.
Today, driving to my son's biz with some supplies, I stopped in the Winn Dixie parking lot, and helped an old black lady get her car cranked. Her crack head grand son never showed up to help. It was mid nineties and bright sun, and the old gal was about done in. She got a free bottle of ice cold water from me too.

Guess I am just a white guy eaten up with white guilt. laughing.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 07/28/16.

Sam......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 76 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,166
Posts18,484,458
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.