Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com

I get this at Tractor Supply or Southern States. It's good quality food and the dog loves it.

Last edited by smokinggun; 08/09/16.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Canidae and Precise are the 2 I use for my dogs. I prefer the Canidae as the dogs don't each chicken shlt like they did with the Precise. Apparently Canidae has the RDA of chicken shlt. Stay away from the Costco crap. I know several people whose dogs had bad skin problems from Costco food. Once I recommended they switch foods the problems went away rapidly. There's corn mites and other crap in their food that a lot of (not all) dogs are sensitive to. Science diet and Blue Buffalo are good also. Both my dogs are the epitome of health and their coats are beautiful. I've had 2 different veterinarians tell me that my Lab is the healthiest and best looking Lab they've ever seen.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
My vet told me Costco's food was good. Wish I knew.

I personally feed Eukanuba but when working the Canine Program at the college we had a Phd. on hand that worked in the dog food industry for 20 years.He recommended the Costco brand, and we fed it exclusively with no problems.( He was also a Veterinarian..)

Chui,

The long time breeder of elkhounds we use (250 Best of Breed winners in 50+ years) instructed us to feed them Eukanuba the first year and Pedigree after. It has been good for us.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We fed our first dog-critter whatever Big Bear, TSC, or Farm Fleet had for cheap. Darned bugger was alive for 17 years and healthy for 16+; probably humped regularly through his 15th year. I hear tell that Red Paw is better if the dogs are working though.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nutrisource super performance for my gun dogs.

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Pro Plan

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I feed my dogs Blue Buffalo Salmon dog food.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
We go with the 4Health grain free from TS. Our golden that recently passed was allergic to the corn meal, which is loaded in most dog food. No problems whatsoever with the grain free.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Canidae and Precise are the 2 I use for my dogs. I prefer the Canidae as the dogs don't each chicken shlt like they did with the Precise. Apparently Canidae has the RDA of chicken shlt. Stay away from the Costco crap. I know several people whose dogs had bad skin problems from Costco food. Once I recommended they switch foods the problems went away rapidly. There's corn mites and other crap in their food that a lot of (not all) dogs are sensitive to. Science diet and Blue Buffalo are good also. Both my dogs are the epitome of health and their coats are beautiful. I've had 2 different veterinarians tell me that my Lab is the healthiest and best looking Lab they've ever seen.

Costco food is made at the same plant Canidae is made, so is Taste of the Wild. I feed my 2 parson russel terriers Canidae pure. They are both 7 years old and I have tried every imaginable dog food because one has really bad food allergies. They are both doing great, They have never had better coats and they have even more energy then before.

I also have a 11 month old Bull Mastiff puppy which is on Natures Domain by Costco. He has zero issues with it and he looks superb. I* might switch him to Taste of the Wild for a little more variety in his diet.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Best for your money and widely available is Diamond Naturals. I've hunted dogs four days a week throughout a the season off that. They do fine. Loyall Lamb and Rice is the same, but not quite as easy to get.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
We were feeding Blue Buffalo but switched to Eagle Pack 6 months or so ago. It's about $20/bag cheaper than BB for a 30lb bag.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Taste of the Wild

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We switched from green bag Purina to Sportmix Wholesome Chicken or Lamb & rice from TSC. Our Lab was having continuous ear infections and the vet recommended getting away from grain based feeds. It seems to be helping though not 100%.
Averages about $30 for #40. But is 26% protein so I am feeding less than the 21% Purina.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since we went grain free, our dogs don't eat their turds anymore.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Wellness Dog Food.

Turn your old dog to a puppy it will.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jdm953
4Health at Tractor Supply.No grain.

Switched to this and my Lab is doing great on it.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let's see....

Kimber The Wonder Dog (Lab) eats three hot dogs, 3-6 dried chicken tenders (American not Chinese), a bowl of milk, three slices of American cheese, couple of large Milk Bones, a handful of Liva Snaps, occasionally a few crackers or cookies or Cheetos, and a can of Vienna sausages every day or so. He also like to lay in the grass and chew it down to the roots and then eat a little of the dirt for added flavor. Some nights he also eats a bag of Rise and Shine, that Play Doh-like stuff. Last down the hatch is a couple of rawhide strips, preferably chicken-flavored. He also is fond of almost any white bread, and cornbread, properly buttered of course.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Merrick grain free. My dog is doing well on it. Started with blue wilderness as a pup and did well but lots of gas.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by BarryC
Since we went grain free, our dogs don't eat their turds anymore.

Then Stevil should try a grain free diet too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My GSD gets Pro Plan

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,313
Posts18,505,557
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.