Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Question for you suppressor shooters. I ordered a .300 Blackout today. What suppressor should I get?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If I was looking for a suppressor today, I'd seriously look at this one. If it only keeps the back pressure down it'd be worth it. The couple of times that I've shot suppressed ARs the blow back was really annoying.

http://osssuppressors.com/suppressors/

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Ringman
Question for you suppressor shooters. I ordered a .300 Blackout today. What suppressor should I get?

I'm hesitant to assist the stupid, but I'll make an exception in your case.

Is it an AR, or a bolt gun?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
A Yankee hill, with sub sonic rounds, it be as quiet as a BB gun. My 308 is that quiet. Sub sonic 308's with a 170 grain 30-30 bullet at 1100 fps. I think 11 grains Trail Boss powder, magnum primer. About like a 40 S&W round. I use it on coyotes, stray dogs, etc. Neighbors have no clue.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The AAC SDN6 was designed for the 300 BO. It works great on both AR and the Rem 7 and 700 AAC bolt actions, but requires a large mount. The SilencerCo Harvester direct thread would be better on a bolt gun

Who is John Galt?
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Trail Boss powder is designed for lead bullets. It does not work so well with jacketed bullets, to say the least. With lead bullets at sub sonic speeds - suppressed - it can indeed be very quiet. Just don't expect long range big game performance.

Mike

(Sorry, that wasn't a suppressor brand recommendation, was it?)

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
Trail Boss powder is designed for lead bullets. It does not work so well with jacketed bullets, to say the least. With lead bullets at sub sonic speeds - suppressed - it can indeed be very quiet. Just don't expect long range big game performance.

Mike

(Sorry, that wasn't a suppressor brand recommendation, was it?)

No, but that's okay. Maybe I hadn't thought that far ahead. But this time I did and am expecting 150 yard sub-sonic performance on coyotes.

With that stated, what bullet would you guys recommend?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

I'm hesitant to respond to someone so impolite, but I will make an exception in your case. It doesn't make any difference whether it is an AR or a bolt gun. The powder and bullets don't know any difference.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Enjoy, dumb fugk.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Trail Boss powder is designed for lead bullets. It does not work so well with jacketed bullets, to say the least.

Well, that's odd.

Dave

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Best of luck. You have issues with regular rounds. Learning to load quiet and accurate sub rounds with good enough bullets, ain't gonna be fun for you.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Best of luck.

Thank you.

You have issues with regular rounds. Learning to load quiet and accurate sub rounds with good enough bullets, ain't gonna be fun for you.

Regular rounds? Everything I have is a wildcat. This will be a regular round. When the Weatherby was a .257SLR it was a 1/2-3/4MOA rifle for three three shot groups fired at the same target. When I rebarreled it to the 6.5mm I could never get it to shoot well. The other 6.5 had a crooked barrel. It was disassembled and the parts sold; except for the stock which is still for sale.

If this .300 Blackout does like rifles prior to my 6.5mm experiences it will be no difficulty at all.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Do you want direct thread or quick release?
What's your budget?
I use a Saker with quick release on an AR.
Have direct thread Thunderbeasts on multiple bolt/caliber guns, really like them.
If you are planning on using sub sonic ammo, pretty much any quality can will make your shots almost silent.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
If I was looking for a suppressor today, I'd seriously look at this one. If it only keeps the back pressure down it'd be worth it. The couple of times that I've shot suppressed ARs the blow back was really annoying.

http://osssuppressors.com/suppressors/

An adjustable gas block is the simple solution.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trail Boss powder is designed for lead bullets. It does not work so well with jacketed bullets

Since when?

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I feel like I've learned stuff about powders and bullets that I would have never thought of. Will have to keep that in mind with the TrailBoss. Are there any that work in opposing fashion?

I usually shoot jacketed bullets, will my powders that shoot so well fail me when/if I shoot lead!!! Do you guys have any good subsonic loads for a 6.5 RSAUM that can still do some damage at reasonable distances like 850yds?

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lead bullets in your 6.5 saum or any modern centerfire rifle are a whole lot different than what you've learned. I would suggest you get the lyman cast bullet reloading manual and read it cover to cover.
Your old powders will most likely not be used. I'm not a long range guy, but subsonic loads (either cast or jacketed) are definitely going to have drastically different performance both on the way to the target, and in the target. Especially at the ranges you would like to shoot.
There's also a bullet casting section here down in the reloading section. Be careful not to scroll down too far. There's a bunch of guys down in the basement having a conversation like they're sitting around a real campfire.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

I'm hesitant to respond to someone so impolite, but I will make an exception in your case. It doesn't make any difference whether it is an AR or a bolt gun. The powder and bullets don't know any difference.

If an AR your gas system will know the difference.

In either case the construction of the "can" does not need to be as robust for pistol or low pressure rounds as opposed to super sonic or more importantly rifle pressures. If you plan on ever using your new device at rifle pressures buy accordingly. You might want to pull it off the Blkout and use it on another 30 caliber of your choice. lotsa options to consider...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 375fan

Do you want direct thread or quick release?
What's your budget?
I use a Saker with quick release on an AR.
Have direct thread Thunderbeasts on multiple bolt/caliber guns, really like them.
If you are planning on using sub sonic ammo, pretty much any quality can will make your shots almost silent.

I think I want threaded.

Budget can handle what I want.

I plan on sub-sonic in this Ruger American.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
These threads are always amusing and enlightening. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,141 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,036
Posts18,481,953
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.