Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Are what you saying that all the theologians from Paul to Augustine to Luther and Calvin were wrong in studying Gods Word and that it was a waste of time?

Worse than a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. It counterfeited the simple message Jesus brought to the world.
Not one single bit of "theology" ever helped a single man choose right from wrong. Only the Spirit can do that. And Theology never brought a single soul to conviction. Only the Spirit can do that.
"Theology" is only useful to reprove others and exhibit brainpower.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.
He told us what it meant to be His follower...the very essence of what it was to be His follower was given to us by Him in His simple teachings. And now, 33,000 different Christian denominations later...all due to differences in 'theology'...His simple message has been distorted and convoluted by many who profess to be 'Christians'.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i just don't think jesus would be all that pleased with the size of our human carbon footprint. but, of course i culd be wrong.

jesus didn't burn much energy in his campaign here on the Urth, did he?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by the_shootist
So sad that some of you guys have not had some contact with some of the real down to the basics, New Testament local churches that I have. Small in number of members, but big in their love for the Lord and the Scriptures. And happily devoid of many of the trappings that you dislike.

Don't quit looking yet. It might be the one with the unpaved parking lot and shingles that need replacing. blush
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Well said.
Can't take credit, LOL.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Ringman

I'm curious if you tithe. If you do, has God rebuked the devourer at your house? If things still go wrong and break then He has not rebuked the devourer OR you are not the new Israel.

Thy This.

Malachi 3:8-12

“'Will a man [m]rob God? Yet you are robbing Me! But you say, "How have we robbed You?" In tithes and [n]offerings. You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing Me, the whole nation of you! Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,' says the Lord of hosts, 'if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows. Then I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of the ground; nor will your vine in the field cast its grapes,' says the Lord of hosts. 'All the nations will call you blessed, for you shall be a delightful land,” says the Lord of hosts.'"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I think if IIRC, the Bible is God's innerant Word and Special Revelation.

Apparently, though, you have decided differently.

You are creating a division among believers that need not be there.

When you go beyond the two Great Commandments in search of "more knowledge", you are traveling with your head as a companion and - by implication - claiming you have fulfilled those TWO.

Your posts seems like you know more than others here. If you get some followers you will do what you are accusing other of doing. blush

You are rejecting some of God's Word. He tells us to "Grow in Grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." When do you think one should not obey this?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Antlers amd Curdog, all I can say is that is very seriously in error.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Your posts seems like you know more than others here. If you get some followers you will do what you are accusing other of doing. blush

Pot,..meet Kettle.

I don't believe so. There wasn't a "Bible" until at least some time after 325 A.D., only a collection of writings that were scattered about too and fro. There would have been no way for early believers to compile all of these teachings, and Jesus knew it would be that way.

When Jesus was asked what was the Greatest Commandment in the Law, Jesus gave us Matthew 22:37-40 to break it all down into the simplest of terms for all of those that would follow after he was gone:

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

The sum of Christianity in 4 verses.

But humanity and Christians, for the most part, can't follow these two simple instructions. They have to revel in their theology and form denominations preaching "this is bad" and "this is good", do this, do that, don't be like those guys who dance and go to movies, when everything is laid out before them so beautifully.

If humanity could follow Jesus's two simple instructions, the Bible wouldn't even be necessary.

The Bible, divinely inspired and the Word of God, yes, but it all hangs on 3 verses, according to Christ himself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I think if IIRC, the Bible is God's innerant Word and Special Revelation.

Apparently, though, you have decided differently.

You are creating a division among believers that need not be there.

When you go beyond the two Great Commandments in search of "more knowledge", you are traveling with your head as a companion and - by implication - claiming you have fulfilled those TWO.

You are rejecting some of God's Word. He tells us to "Grow in Grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." When do you think one should not obey this?

I ain't looking for followers........ or leaders. I believe I'll just let everybody find God the way I did........ let Him reveal Himself.

As far as your second paragraph........... I can tell Paul and God apart.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Somehow I don't believe that is "all you can say". I expect you'll be expounding more theology before this thread goes away.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

If humanity could follow Jesus's two simple instructions, the Bible wouldn't even be necessary.

If man could follow them Christ wouldn't have had to take on flesh and die.

Of course the ironic fact that so many who tout the anti-theology line is that anti-theology is in and of itself a theological argument.

That is, there is no such thing as a person who doesn't theologize; only those who Come to a system that is out of synch with God's revelation of Himself.

There is no doubt, however, that application of good theology (literally knowldge of God) will fulfill Christ's great commandment. Problem is I've never figured out how to perfectly apply biblical theology. That is, no matter my knowledge of God and what is right sin is always nearby...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Somehow I don't believe that is "all you can say". I expect you'll be expounding more theology before this thread goes away.

I'm sorry if you think it was just "theology". And I actually know how to quit. 🙄 😀

Thanks though for not throwing stones. I appreciate it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

If man could follow them Christ wouldn't have had to take on flesh and die.

Of course the ironic fact that so many who tout the anti-theology line is that anti-theology is in and of itself a theological argument.

That is, there is no such thing as a person who doesn't theologize; only those who Come to a system that is out of synch with God's revelation of Himself.

There is no doubt, however, that application of good theology (literally knowldge of God)
will fulfill Christ's great commandment. Problem is I've never figured out how to perfectly apply biblical theology. That is, no matter my knowledge of God and what is right sin is always nearby...

I agree and as to your last sentence--it's why we need and have a savior.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I had a neighbor for a short while who believed that God only speaks through the bible and that, apart from the bible, there is no revelation of Him.

He belonged to a Church of Christ and claimed it was central to their beliefs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I had a neighbor for a short while who believed that God only speaks through the bible and that, apart from the bible, there is no revelation of Him.

My Great Uncle has worked his way into being a Deacon or Bishop or whatever the CoC calls elders.

He didn't go see Moses in Branson, MO because parts of the show, according to him, are un-Biblical. Of course, I wasn't baptized in the Church of Christ by an official member of the Church of Christ, so I'm going to Hell by default..

They're a very special bunch..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting thread......

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My Great Uncle has worked his way into being a Deacon or Bishop or whatever the CoC calls elders.

He didn't go see Moses in Branson, MO because parts of the show, according to him, are un-Biblical. Of course, I wasn't baptized in the Church of Christ by an official member of the Church of Christ, so I'm going to Hell by default..

They're a very special bunch..

I'll leave the light on for you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There should be plenty of light, just don't forget the marshmallows...

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The conflict between the believers is sometimes surprising...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Sounds like bad theology to me sir; just like guns, bad use doesn't condemn the thing in my mind.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

There should be plenty of light, just don't forget the marshmallows...

I'll bring the chocolate and I bet George'll cover the graham crackers... laugh

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 22250rem, 1234, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,163 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,367
Posts18,506,485
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.