Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
The conflict between the believers is sometimes surprising...

What conflict?

Christians are created, not cloned. The things we disagree on are about their relative importance rather than their substance.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First time I met my wife's Aunt we were sitting together at a wedding reception.

Out of nowhere the crazy old bird starts rollin' her eyes around and starts making the damndest noises I'd ever heard.

Pretty certain she was having a stroke or seizure, I jumped outta my chair and started around the table. My wife grabbed my arm as I was mid stride and starts yanking me back around the table in a panic. I blurt out..YOUR AUNTS HAVING A SIEZURE!!!

It got real quite and everybody was staring, including the aunt.

Turns out the old nut was a honest to god Jesus freak and was speaking in tongues.

It was awesome.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by gunner500
This, is the reason I don't go to church, a bunch of back sliding hypocrites, BS con artists and betty-better-than-me's. crazy
They can kiss my red ass while riding their tall horses starring down their noses at the rest of the world.

They've (Christians AND their churches) done a pretty poor job as a whole. With 83% of Americans professing to be Christians (about 250 MILLION people), you'd think that things would be WAY better here than they are. You'd think that these folks, collectively, would be a HUGE influencial and driving force. But they're not. If all of these Christians would simply do what Jesus did, it would have a profound postive impact on this country in a years time. People don't resist Christians because they love others too much. People don't resist Christians because they are too welcoming of others. People don't resist Christians because they are too willing to carry others people's burdens. People don't resist Christians because they're so forgiving and so open and so gracious.
What people find so easy to resist about Christians is the hypocrisy and the 'we know it all, and we're better than y'all' attitude that many of em' seem to have.

People don't resist Christianity because of Jesus...people resist Christianity because of Christians.

At one time I decided to ask almost everyone I encountered if they are a Christian. Almost everyone said they were. Then I asked them what it takes to be a Christian. Many said you have to be born in America. So because they claim to be Christian does not make them a follower of Jesus and His teaching.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by curdog4570
I ain't looking for followers........ or leaders. I believe I'll just let everybody find God the way I did........ let Him reveal Himself.

As far as your second paragraph........... I can tell Paul and God apart.

How do you know what God said?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
This, is the reason I don't go to church, a bunch of back sliding hypocrites, BS con artists and betty-better-than-me's. crazy
They can kiss my red ass while riding their tall horses starring down their noses at the rest of the world.

They've (Christians AND their churches) done a pretty poor job as a whole. With 83% of Americans professing to be Christians (about 250 MILLION people), you'd think that things would be WAY better here than they are. You'd think that these folks, collectively, would be a HUGE influencial and driving force. But they're not. If all of these Christians would simply do what Jesus did, it would have a profound postive impact on this country in a years time. People don't resist Christians because they love others too much. People don't resist Christians because they are too welcoming of others. People don't resist Christians because they are too willing to carry others people's burdens. People don't resist Christians because they're so forgiving and so open and so gracious.
What people find so easy to resist about Christians is the hypocrisy and the 'we know it all, and we're better than y'all' attitude that many of em' seem to have.

People don't resist Christianity because of Jesus...people resist Christianity because of Christians.

At one time I decided to ask almost everyone I encountered if they are a Christian. Almost everyone said they were. Then I asked them what it takes to be a Christian. Many said you have to be born in America. So because they claim to be Christian does not make them a follower of Jesus and His teaching.

Yikes.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I ain't looking for followers........ or leaders. I believe I'll just let everybody find God the way I did........ let Him reveal Himself.

Because He has never indicated to me what you or any other human ought to be doing, thinking, or saying, I reject the notion that He endowed any of y'all with special insight in that regard.

Sometimes it's hard to distinguish folks who are Spirit led from those that are led by their ego............ most times it's not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At one time I decided to ask almost everyone I encountered if they are a Christian.

I would have reserved my "YIKES" for this comment.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by EdM

What conflict?

Christians are created, not cloned. The things we disagree on are about their relative importance rather than their substance.

+1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

That's right, I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't even have a pair of shoes or a dang mule, he certainly did'nt care to have the Mercedes-Benz' or mansions/palaces of the day. crazy

MAN has ruined organized religion for me, greed and weakness for the flesh and straight BFS cons for money out of guilt are the clinchers!

Trump Won!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I wonder if Jesus thinks its OK for Joel Osteen to have all that stuff?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
I wonder if Jesus thinks its OK for Joel Osteen to have all that stuff?

I would think not, osteam is one of the ones I'm talking about, and lest we forget the, "I'm gonna need 9 million dollars or Gods gonna call me home oral roberts" crazy

What a load of steaming BFS that guy sold!

Trump Won!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
And lest we forget the PTL ( Pay The Lady...) club...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
And lest we forget the PTL ( Pay The Lady...) club...

Yeah, An all the preachers that suddenly believe on their fake ordainment that they are now PHD psychologists, yes, yes sister, come on in the office and bend over the desk here and we'll discuss your marriage problems. grinWTF?

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Because He has never indicated to me what you or any other human ought to be doing, thinking, or saying, I reject the notion that He endowed any of y'all with special insight in that regard.

Sometimes it's hard to distinguish folks who are Spirit led from those that are led by their ego............ most times it's not.

You didn't answer the posted question.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Of course I did. If you can't understand my answer, get help.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

All I read was some pontification. Is there anyone here who will explain how his answer answered my question?

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
If you need help with understanding that comment, you need help with a lot more than that. Some men aren't as easily baited as you think, Ringman.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, Keith.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Nope you didnt answers the question curdog4570, you gave some sort of delusional reply and now you claim he doesnt understand the answer.....you need help hommie !!

Last edited by RGinther; 08/21/16.

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich !
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by EdM

It's never surprising to me. Almost always amusing. No... always amusing. Some (most) people grow up and realize Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy aren't real. The rest of us (few though we may be) realize there are no sky fairies either.

A simple look at the religions of the world (all of which claim to be the one true way/religion/etc) through an evolutionary lens and you realize they're almost all the same story. Virgin birth, death, resurrection, all the same basic story.

Then there's the ones who ride the short bus. They think humans walked the earth with dinosaurs. And that Jarvis/Yahweh/some ghost thing, which are three separate things but one all at the same time, created the earth 6,000 years ago based on some stuff some idiot in the dark ages 'figured out' by reading the bible... which was written by men. That's just... sexist somehow. And racist I'm sure, but I don't have the time to study it right now to figure out how it's racist. But I'm sure it is.

Originally Posted by deflave
You are my favorite minority.

GFY!

Clark
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,361
Posts18,506,347
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.