Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Everyone I know who's bought a 5" or 7" can, because they thought they'd only want to run it on a Blackout... has purchased another full size .30 can. Once you start rolling suppressed.... it's the only way you want to shoot anymore.

Buying anything but a full size .30 suppressor, when you've got other bigger rifles.... is like buying an F-150 when you've got a 5th-wheel, a big boat, some quads, and a sled trailer in the shed. Go the whole nine... you won't be sorry.

I run a SAS Arbiter... as do about a dozen pards. A couple others are running the SilencerCo Harvester. My brother shot a bedded cow elk at 350 yards the other day with a .260 through the Harvester. There was another cow bedded less than 40 yards from the one he shot... and she never even stood up when her partner dropped dead. Cans are the goods... you'll want one that'll work for every club in your bag.... not just your pitching wedge....

For the record.... I fully expect you to ask this same question about 19 more times in various sections of this website... but I'm only gonna answer you once... so tag this post.

I don't have any other .308 firing rifles and don't plan on getting any. I am putting this together for coyotes and don't plan on using something this heavy for other hunting so there's no need for me to "tag this post."

.30 caliber cans aren't just for .30 caliber rifles you retard ... they work very well with everything .30 and under. Hell, I've shot rimfires through mine.

You're seriously the most ignorant, dim whitted guy on this board. Ask the same question in different places, 25 different times.... get the same answers... and still manage to phuc it all up.

You gonna shoot some "ladders" with your .300 blackout "coyote rifle"? Have you ever actually shot a coyote?

You'd be better off sticking the end of the barrel in your mouth... than sticking it in a suppressor.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The Campfire was a place where someone could ask a question and get answers without getting called names. I already know a 30 caliber can will work for everything 30 call and under but not everybody knows that.

I miss the old Campfire.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You can form 1 a suppressor build, it will be tattooed with makers mark and serial number. You can sell it on form 4 (or 3) but like firearms you make, you can't be in the "business" of making and selling them.

NRA Life Member
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Everyone I know who's bought a 5" or 7" can, because they thought they'd only want to run it on a Blackout... has purchased another full size .30 can. Once you start rolling suppressed.... it's the only way you want to shoot anymore.

Buying anything but a full size .30 suppressor, when you've got other bigger rifles.... is like buying an F-150 when you've got a 5th-wheel, a big boat, some quads, and a sled trailer in the shed. Go the whole nine... you won't be sorry.

I run a SAS Arbiter... as do about a dozen pards. A couple others are running the SilencerCo Harvester. My brother shot a bedded cow elk at 350 yards the other day with a .260 through the Harvester. There was another cow bedded less than 40 yards from the one he shot... and she never even stood up when her partner dropped dead. Cans are the goods... you'll want one that'll work for every club in your bag.... not just your pitching wedge....

For the record.... I fully expect you to ask this same question about 19 more times in various sections of this website... but I'm only gonna answer you once... so tag this post.

I don't have any other .308 firing rifles and don't plan on getting any. I am putting this together for coyotes and don't plan on using something this heavy for other hunting so there's no need for me to "tag this post."

.30 caliber cans aren't just for .30 caliber rifles you retard ... they work very well with everything .30 and under. Hell, I've shot rimfires through mine.

You're seriously the most ignorant, dim whitted guy on this board. Ask the same question in different places, 25 different times.... get the same answers... and still manage to phuc it all up.

You gonna shoot some "ladders" with your .300 blackout "coyote rifle"? Have you ever actually shot a coyote?

You'd be better off sticking the end of the barrel in your mouth... than sticking it in a suppressor.

I was under the impression you were talking about only .30 caliber. Whether I've even seen a coyote is irrelevant to this thread. Being ignorant is a good starting place. If I felt like I knew it all I wouldn't have enough sense to ask questions. And yes I will fire a ladder test for my entertainment and education. Do you have any suggestions on powder and bullets?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I was under the impression you were talking about only .30 caliber. Whether I've even seen a coyote is irrelevant to this thread. Being ignorant is a good starting place. If I felt like I knew it all I wouldn't have enough sense to ask questions. And yes I will fire a ladder test for my entertainment and education. Do you have any suggestions on powder and bullets?

Serious question RingMan.... For my entertainment and education purposes....

Why would you run a ladder test for 150 yard subsonic loads?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From the hodgdon website. From your questions I'm guessing you don't own a reloading manual.

The first is titled “H4895 Reduced RifleLoads.” H4895 has proven to be a versatile powder that performs superbly at lower powder charges. Loads in this listing are reduced from full power but still offer mid-range performance.If the goal is minimum recoil, the answer is Hodgdon Trail Boss powder. The second tab under the website DATA menu is titled “Trail Boss ReducedLoads.” Trail Boss can be applied to any cartridge you may want to reload. Trail Boss reloads are very mild and easy to shoot. Designed for Cowboy Action Shooting, Trail Boss has proven to be a great way to get more practice with your big bore hunting rifle.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ringman, You have class. Good luck on your build.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joshf303

Serious question RingMan.... For my entertainment and education purposes....

Why would you run a ladder test for 150 yard subsonic loads?

See above. I thoroughly enjoy shooting.

Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mog75
From the hodgdon website. From your questions I'm guessing you don't own a reloading manual.

I have at least twenty loading manuals from the very early days clear up to one I purchased a year or so ago.

The first is titled “H4895 Reduced RifleLoads.” H4895 has proven to be a versatile powder that performs superbly at lower powder charges. Loads in this listing are reduced from full power but still offer mid-range performance.If the goal is minimum recoil, the answer is Hodgdon Trail Boss powder. The second tab under the website DATA menu is titled “Trail Boss ReducedLoads.” Trail Boss can be applied to any cartridge you may want to reload. Trail Boss reloads are very mild and easy to shoot. Designed for Cowboy Action Shooting, Trail Boss has proven to be a great way to get more practice with your big bore hunting rifle.

I'm not interested in reduced loads. Since the case is so small and the rifle is going to be at least eight pounds it can't generate much recoil even with full throttle loads. If reduced loads give the best accuracy and still get 1,050 to 1,075 feet per second they're in. Getting more practice with my big bore hunting rifle sounds really good. I figure anyone, at my level, can never get too much practice.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not interested in reduced loads.

It's snarky, and IGNORANT replies like this that put people off of you, Mister.

Folks give you good advice, and you argue from ignorance.

I'm with Jeff,...why even BOTHER trying to help someone who behaves like that.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I have at least twenty loading manuals from the very early days clear up to one I purchased a year or so ago.

I'm not interested in reduced loads. Since the case is so small and the rifle is going to be at least eight pounds it can't generate much recoil even with full throttle loads. If reduced loads give the best accuracy and still get 1,050 to 1,075 feet per second they're in. Getting more practice with my big bore hunting rifle sounds really good. I figure anyone, at my level, can never get too much practice.

EPIC....

Good luck on shooting the ladders. Please keep us updated!

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
joshf303,

Thanks. Part of my fun is occasionally posting results here.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
joshf303,

Thanks. Part of my fun is occasionally posting results here.

If you want a gold medal, please test bouncy balls as the fodder for your slingshot and use a mirror as your target.

ROLL FILM!

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Putzes! Real men embrace bruised shoulders and hearing loss.

Which I've so far mostly avoided. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll have to do some more reading. I'm not really sure how to reduce velocity (load subsonic ammunition) while keeping the recoil level the same as full house loads. Is it ok if these subsonic loads are reduced velocity, or would you like them to be the same velocity as your standard loads as well? What was I thinking?

Last edited by mog75; 08/20/16. Reason: forgot velocity

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Sub sonic loads are fun to shoot. Wifey loves to shoot water bottles with them.

Last edited by hanco; 08/20/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just to make it easier for those who asked.

Form 1 Suppressor Forum

Silencer Talk

SD Tactical's Forum

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by las
Putzes! Real men embrace bruised shoulders and hearing loss.

Which I've so far mostly avoided. smile

What was that again????????

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'll have to do some more reading. I'm not really sure how to reduce velocity (load subsonic ammunition) while keeping the recoil level the same as full house loads.

All you have to do is get a cartridge with a very small powder capacity. Then full throttle loads don't generate much recoil in an eight pound rifle.

Is it ok if these subsonic loads are reduced velocity, or would you like them to be the same velocity as your standard loads as well? What was I thinking?

I want full throttle loads to run between 1,050 and 1,075 feet per second or so. From what I understand this velocity is about standard with a .300 Blackout. If they are called "reduced" by someone, I don't mind. In today's culture right is called wrong and wrong is called right.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What glass are you throwing on top with this one? 3X High rings?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 38 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,394
Posts18,469,930
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.