Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RGinther
hommie !!

What's up Stevil, my ni gga!! Go eat a bag of dicks.

Originally Posted by deflave
You are my favorite minority.

GFY!

Clark

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by curdog4570

You didn't answer the posted question.

Of course I did. If you can't understand my answer, get help.

All I read was some pontification. Is there anyone here who will explain how his answer answered my question?

He answered it negatively; and accurately.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
And lest we forget the PTL ( Pay The Lady...) club...

There has been and always will be much done under the guise of Christianity that is in no way related. likewise, there were and will be many who come in Christ's name who are false teachers. And there are many who claim they are Christians but who are not as witnessed by what they say and how they live.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
At one time I decided to ask almost everyone I encountered if they are a Christian.

I would have reserved my "YIKES" for this comment.

One hell of a conversation stopper......

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
No, it's a valid question. Just be ready for a bunch of convoluted answers that will not reflect what the Lord knows to be true about the folks doing the answering.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by the_shootist
No, it's a valid question. Just be ready for a bunch of convoluted answers that will not reflect what the Lord knows to be true about the folks doing the answering.

I've had people ask me if I'm a Christian.

I've yet to meet one who was satisfied with a simple "yes".

I'm betting the same holds true for the "No" answers.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where is 280Don?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Without Jesus...

...the night weighs heavy
On his guilty mind
This far from the borderline
When the hit-man comes
He knows damn well
He has been cheated...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
So sad that some of you guys have not had some contact with some of the real down to the basics, New Testament local churches that I have. Small in number of members, but big in their love for the Lord and the Scriptures. And happily devoid of many of the trappings that you dislike.

Don't quit looking yet. It might be the one with the unpaved parking lot and shingles that need replacing. blush
There's some real truth there. The most anointed Pastor I've ever had the blessing to call my friend and mentor preaches in a little church on the north east side of Des Moines with a small gravel parking lot. The kind of man who you have to wonder how and why he's not in a mega church from the truth and clarity he conveys, then you understand that's just not what most people want. Pity!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
So sad that some of you guys have not had some contact with some of the real down to the basics, New Testament local churches that I have. Small in number of members, but big in their love for the Lord and the Scriptures. And happily devoid of many of the trappings that you dislike.

Don't quit looking yet. It might be the one with the unpaved parking lot and shingles that need replacing. blush

Yep, the true church, whether down the two-track lane or otherwise and only five folks, is the one preaching Christ as Lord and Savior.
AND who we are in Him. One without the other is only a history lesson.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by gunner500
This, is the reason I don't go to church, a bunch of back sliding hypocrites, BS con artists and betty-better-than-me's. crazy
They can kiss my red ass while riding their tall horses starring down their noses at the rest of the world.

They've (Christians AND their churches) done a pretty poor job as a whole. With 83% of Americans professing to be Christians (about 250 MILLION people), you'd think that things would be WAY better here than they are. You'd think that these folks, collectively, would be a HUGE influencial and driving force. But they're not. If all of these Christians would simply do what Jesus did, it would have a profound postive impact on this country in a years time. People don't resist Christians because they love others too much. People don't resist Christians because they are too welcoming of others. People don't resist Christians because they are too willing to carry others people's burdens. People don't resist Christians because they're so forgiving and so open and so gracious.
What people find so easy to resist about Christians is the hypocrisy and the 'we know it all, and we're better than y'all' attitude that many of em' seem to have.

People don't resist Christianity because of Jesus...people resist Christianity because of Christians.

Doing Christian things is really helping Europe out, but it doesn't matter, they'll be rewarded in the afterlife I guess.
I'd believe that the leadership in Europe who have created the muslim crisis have about the same percentage of Christians as the muslim refugees: about zero. Europe has largely abandoned Christianity before the 19th century.

Real Christians have no death wish for themselves, their faith, or their children. Jesus made sure they were armed when he sent his disciples into the world.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by RickyD

Yep, the true church, whether down the two-track lane or otherwise and only five folks, is the one preaching Christ as Lord and Savior.

I've yet to meet a person who wasn't in Him and could stand to sit through much preaching of Christ as the One and Only Lord & Savior.

Our longtime minister of nearly a quarter century just retired our congregation and helped a new man transition in. His last official act as our senior pastor was this past Friday when he married my oldest daughter to a fine young man who he helped to lead to the Lord several years ago.

He is one who talks the talk so as to make anyone with a heart for Christ weep, and who walks the walk in such a way as to make the same man want to follow. All while admitting he has a long way to continue on the road to Zion.

What a blessing such men are to Christ's Church.

Brother Keith said it well; if you haven't found it don't stop searching. The community of believers in which the Lord has planted me has done more than words can say in helping me in my pilgrimage through this life.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
What people find so easy to resist about Christians is the hypocrisy and the 'we know it all, and we're better than y'all' attitude that many of em' seem to have.
I find it sadly amusing so many convict Christians on the crime of hypocrisy when all of humanity is guilty of the same.

And it does become hard for some not to appear to know it all, or feel better about themselves when they learn what is required to be saved from eternal hell and also have found the faith to believe it. Kinda like suddenly going from death row in a horrible place of torment to total freedom and peace, and winning a huge lottery the same day. And then not telling anyone.

But we'll work on that. wink

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by EdM
The conflict between the believers is sometimes surprising...

What conflict?

Christians are created, not cloned. The things we disagree on are about their relative importance rather than their substance.

+1
Even if it doesn't sound like it. whistle

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find it sadly amusing so many convict Christians on the crime of hypocrisy when all of humanity is guilty of the same.
And it does become hard for some not to appear to know it all, or feel better about themselves when they learn what is required to be saved from eternal hell and also have found the faith to believe it. Kinda like suddenly going from death row in a horrible place of torment to total freedom and peace, and winning a huge lottery the same day. And then not telling anyone.

I think that some of the people that gunner500 was specifically referring to in his post, the one that I responded to...and the one that you partially referenced above, are the ones who give lip service to being 'Christians' and seem to be much better at policing the behavior of others than they are at policing their own behavior. They come across as being pretty judgemental, very moralistic, kinda hostile even, disingenuous, and quarrelsome...and very hypocritical because of the difference in their professed beliefs and their behavior. And many here have likely experienced those who think that they are the only ones going to heaven and everyone else is going to hell...and they actually seem to relish that notion...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
I wonder if Jesus thinks its OK for Joel Osteen to have all that stuff?
That's between Him and Joel. Might be just fine, and it might not.

Lot and Abraham made a good living (gross understatement), and the Lord was tight with them, even though many of today's churches wouldn't let them in the door if parts of their life showed up in the newspapers. Particularly, Abraham, and all this started with him.

It's all about faith and how you use it. Just believing and getting saved is only the first baby step. God expects much more.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

I think that some of the people that gunner500 was specifically referring to in his post, the one that I responded to...and the one that you partially referenced above, are the ones who give lip service to being 'Christians' and seem to be much better at policing the behavior of others than they are at policing their own behavior. They come across as being pretty judgemental, very moralistic, kinda hostile even, disingenuous, and quarrelsome...and very hypocritical because of the difference in their professed beliefs and their behavior. And many here have likely experienced those who think that they are the only ones going to heaven and everyone else is going to hell...and they actually seem to relish that notion...!
Could be. And there are some that just believe that of all Christians because they do. Both are right because people are people and humanity is frail and fickle as it was designed to be.

One of the many things I like best about actually reading the Bible is discovering how the most revered men of biblical history had some really un-Godly tendencies of all manner.

People God used to introduce Him to the world and made great men of renown. The men never changed all that much, but first and foremost had the faith to do God's bidding. At least at some point. Along the way, they flailed and failed and failed some more. Just like me. And maybe you, too. Perhaps all of us if we're honest.

And THAT is what keep my faith sound, and just another reason, that BOOK is the most valuable thing in my life. And should be in your's too, because without it, think of the lies we would be fed. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...that BOOK is the most valuable thing in my life. *And should be in your's too*,...

It ain't.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Correction noted and highly approved. 😊

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by gunner500
This, is the reason I don't go to church, a bunch of back sliding hypocrites, BS con artists and betty-better-than-me's. crazy
They can kiss my red ass while riding their tall horses starring down their noses at the rest of the world.

They've (Christians AND their churches) done a pretty poor job as a whole. With 83% of Americans professing to be Christians (about 250 MILLION people), you'd think that things would be WAY better here than they are. You'd think that these folks, collectively, would be a HUGE influencial and driving force. But they're not. If all of these Christians would simply do what Jesus did, it would have a profound postive impact on this country in a years time. People don't resist Christians because they love others too much. People don't resist Christians because they are too welcoming of others. People don't resist Christians because they are too willing to carry others people's burdens. People don't resist Christians because they're so forgiving and so open and so gracious.

People don't resist Christianity because of Jesus...people resist Christianity because of Christians.

Doing Christian things is really helping Europe out, but it doesn't matter, they'll be rewarded in the afterlife I guess.
I'd believe that the leadership in Europe who have created the muslim crisis have about the same percentage of Christians as the muslim refugees: about zero. Europe has largely abandoned Christianity before the 19th century.

Real Christians have no death wish for themselves, their faith, or their children. Jesus made sure they were armed when he sent his disciples into the world.

What do you guess is the percentage of 'Real Christians' in the US of A?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1lessdog, 1234, 22250rem, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,366
Posts18,506,409
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.