Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Allen917
Originally Posted by gunner500
This, is the reason I don't go to church, a bunch of back sliding hypocrites, BS con artists and betty-better-than-me's. crazy
They can kiss my red ass while riding their tall horses starring down their noses at the rest of the world.

Yes, there are hypocrites in church, we all know this. But I'm with the crowd that would rather sit by a hypocrite in church for my few short years, than spend eternity with them in hell. But it is your choice, not mine.

In the same way, let 'your' light shine before others, that they may see your church attendence and say, "Dang, he's a good Christian." - Matthew 5:16 NIV

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I thank God that He does not view believers as many of us view each other.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
[/b]
Originally Posted by antlers
This, is the reason I don't go to church, a bunch of back sliding hypocrites, BS con artists and betty-better-than-me's. crazy
They can kiss my red ass while riding their tall horses starring down their noses at the rest of the world.

Yes, there are hypocrites in church, we all know this. But I'm with the crowd that would rather sit by a hypocrite in church for my few short years, than spend eternity with them in hell. But it is your choice, not mine.

In the same way, let 'your' light shine before others, that they may see your church attendence and say, "Dang, he's a good Christian." - Matthew 5:16 NIV

You might want to sit and reflect on your interpretation of that verse, cause to me it reads "Let your light (life) so shine before men, that they may see your good works, glorifying your Father which is in heaven."

Like the old hymn says, "To God be the glory great works he has done"

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by sambubba
Another excellent point! Nice to see you again, Sam!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's also nice that He doesn't view non-believers as many believers view them.

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by RickyD

Well said.

Where did you two thumpers read where I said I didn't believe in God?

I hate what man has done to the church, and don't purposefully hangout with asswholes, don't believe I've ever read where 'one should congregate' to have a relationship with God.

Plus, I don't trust any mother-fu-ker that wont cuss.

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Well said.

I hate what man has done to the church, and don't purposefully hangout with asswholes, don't believe I've ever read where 'one should congregate' to have a relationship with God.

Yeah, what that a-sshole said^^^^

FJB & FJT
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^BWAAHAHAHAHAlaugh^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Trump Won!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Well said.

I didn't mean that at all. Just was agreeing with the man that putting up with people is what I chose to do rather than staying away. Sorry you took it that way. It wasn't intended as such.

I'm also in total agreement about what man, and institutions, have done to the church. It didn't take them long.

I'm more of a Patton Christian in my speech sometimes, too. Rode a Harley too long, maybe. At least that's what I tell my kids.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
No harm no foul here RD. smile

Trump Won!
IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

...don't purposefully hangout with asswholes...

I could use that excuse but it'd make me a hypocrite cuz I can't not hang out w/ myself blush .

I cuss more than I should.

There are churches out there that aren't full of hypocrites. The place where the Lord has planted me has a few (if I found the perfect church my joining would ruin it) but generally speaking their genuine, authentic sinners saved by grace seeking to grow in that same grace.

There was a long time when I was younger when I cynically avoided houses of worship like you do and for the same reasons you do. Eventually I realized that I was going easy on the hypocrites outside church... I mean they're all over... and I wasn't disassociating from them. I've never regretted going back, although I've had to deal with a little crap here and there. We found a place we call home and the people in the congregation have treated us like family.

Because that's what we are.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Well, at least you guys are trying to live and act right, I've got a chitload more clearing to do before I can settle down and start acting reverent ;]

Trump Won!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Well, at least you guys are trying to live and act right, I've got a chitload more clearing to do before I can settle down and start acting reverent ;]
You already did in accepting my explanation gracefully. That's all God expects of us. Thankfully! It's the BS evil world that tries to hold Christians to perfection not understanding we're not perfected in us, but by Christ in us. And He partied with sinners like we've likely never seen!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

The non-believer will hear "I never knew you" from God, which isn't good. God wants to know everyone though.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider

The non-believer will hear "I never knew you" from God, which isn't good. God wants to know everyone though.

We were discussing the 'present' sense. God is 'for' everyone we are ever eyebell to eyeball with. And every person we are ever eyeball to eyeball with is made in the image of God...and people matter to God, so people should matter to people. Other people should especially matter to 'believers'.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Do you fix your car BEFORE you take it to the mechanic. Often you would take it to the mechanic because you tried to fix it and screwed it all up.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yep. People seal their own fate, as God desires a relationship with everyone. Believers should love everyone, yes, and pray for them.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Now THAT is good satire in that it describes a good many folks, but they won't recognize themselves.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've had a lot more spiritual conversations with a couple of hunting campaneros, discussing the Creator God than I've ever had partaking in the Hallelujah, praise Jesus, chorus.

Or in a battle of bible verses.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Armednfree

Do you fix your car BEFORE you take it to the mechanic. Often you would take it to the mechanic because you tried to fix it and screwed it all up.

No, you have to look at the full 360 degrees of possible employs, I stated I don't like to hang with hypocrites, and the really nice church folk that do believe, act it and live it, and are genuinely good Christian folk, don't need to be seated next to a sorry dirty black hearted fu-ker like me.

You see, it works both ways.

As I said, I'll complete my chit clearing, retire, then maybe settle down some day.

Trump Won!
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (Anaconda, 10Glocks, 907brass, Algotguns, Akhutr, 10 invisible), 1,401 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,927
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.