Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I know, let's make pot illegal. Then no one will use it. Or drive under the influence from it.

While we're at it fixing this country's problems, let's make murder illegal as well. And legally prevent felons from owning guns.

Laws work damnit!!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I mean, jesus, making driving with a BAC higher than .08 illegal has completely stopped drunk driving. Tell me more how bigger .gov telling people how to behave works so well!!

I know everyone drives the speed limit since it was brought up. So why do so many people get speeding tickets? I'm confused (don't worry, that's my normal state).

Last edited by bigfish9684; 08/24/16.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
...why do so many people get speeding tickets?...

That's how they build bigger .gov.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by antlers
It's always funny...and more than a little bit hypocritical...to see those who post and profess to being 'conservatives' and 'Republicans' giving lip service to 'freedom' and 'less government control' over their lives...but yet at the same time they are threatened by, or simply don't like, extending that same freedom to others. And they 'want' the government to exert control over those other people's lives who choose an intoxicant that's different than the one that 'they' choose to use.

lol

This.

Its interesingt to see the straw man argument employed over this. If less government is your goal, then throw out the federal statutes for Sch. I,II and III drugs. Let the "free man" get intoxicated in matter way they choose. Coke, meth, crack, "shrooms, bath salts, spray cans, gasoline, etc..
Why is my liquor any less virtuous than your bong? Hell, let it all ripe - no rules.
Then after society grows tired of the carnage, slowly put the genie back into the bottle.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well said Bigwhoop, there needs to be a minimum bit of guidance from the collective ( Govt ) otherwise the mayhem may infringe a little on our Safety.

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich !
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bullchit! Having the government involved in your body is a stupid idea. Coddling the weak doesn't help. Legalize everything and eventually there'll be an equilibrium reached as well as lowering this country's population.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I mean, jesus, making driving with a BAC higher than .08 illegal has completely stopped drunk driving. Tell me more how bigger .gov telling people how to behave works so well!!

I know everyone drives the speed limit since it was brought up. So why do so many people get speeding tickets? I'm confused (don't worry, that's my normal state).

Think maybe you're being just a little melodramatic?

Laws have never eliminated anything completely, but they positively have deterred the majority from doing stupid or harmful things.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Bullchit! Having the government involved in your body is a stupid idea. Coddling the weak doesn't help. Legalize everything and eventually there'll be an equilibrium reached as well as lowering this country's population.

You need to read Federalist Paper #51 and re-think your statement.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Laws have never eliminated anything completely, but they positively have deterred the majority from doing stupid or harmful things.

lol

More than likely it's because the majority of the people *choose* not to do stupid or harmful things, and it doesn't have Jack $ch!t to do with the rotten-a$$ government's laws...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Keeping stupid people alive and allowing them the ability to pass down shltty genes is breeding an FDA approved human.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Keeping stupid people alive and allowing them the ability to pass down shltty genes is breeding an FDA approved human.

If you are truly serious, you have an interesting view of civilization. I recall this theory was attempted in the 30's and 40's in Europe.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth
...Laws have never eliminated anything completely, but they positively have deterred the majority from doing stupid or harmful things.

What else have you got? smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't care for potheads but I care even less for those who try to tell other people how to live their lives.

This country was built on individual autonomy and personal responsibility but we've seen those traits gradually chipped away as the do-gooderism crowd does their best to "help" people. This is a major problem with liberalism but conservatives give them a run for their money.

Everyone trying to control other people's lives instead of keeping their nose in their own damn business and worrying about themselves and their family.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's unreal that there are guys here...other than liberals...who think that more laws and bigger government are the answers to any damn thing...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Anti drug hysteria bullshit.
Rich people, poor people, everybody has been able to get all the marijuana they want in all 50 states for the past 40 years.

Legalizing pot has nothing to do with a bad effect on the poorer classes. Bullshit!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

A lot more people would drive drunk if it was legal.

Don't be a dumbass.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Its interesingt to see the straw man argument employed over this. If less government is your goal, then throw out the federal statutes for Sch. I,II and III drugs. Let the "free man" get intoxicated in matter way they choose. Coke, meth, crack, "shrooms, bath salts, spray cans, gasoline, etc..
Why is my liquor any less virtuous than your bong? Hell, let it all ripe - no rules.
Then after society grows tired of the carnage, slowly put the genie back into the bottle.

I'm all for letting people ingest what they want, especially if they're making an informed decision. Or not.

Hey, maybe I shouldn't eat these magic mushrooms cause they're going to make me see stuff and maybe freak out. Or... Hey, I'm going to eat these magic mushrooms BECAUSE I want to see [bleep] and freak out.

For real real yo, I drink like a sailor when I want. But I don't get behind the wheel after three drinks (and I'll wait an hour after the last one to drive). Why? Cause I don't want some other dumb sumbitch to t-bone me when I'm over a .08 - NOT because I am afraid of getting pulled over for swerving down the road at 20 over the limit and having my life ruined. BUT because I am afraid of someone else causing me to interact with police like if someone t-boned me and an officer smelled alcohol yet the accident was no fault of my own. Then the .gov would ruin my life because of someone else's mistake.

One thing I am sure of: I can handle my drugs, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco and whatever else I decide to ingest. I don't need the government's permission to get [bleep] up on whatever substance I want.

I know, let's schedule firearms. They're now schedule I and you can't have more than three rounds loaded at a time. Because you MIGHT hurt someone else.

Freedom it a lot for some people to handle. Definitely too many here are begging for the government to hold their hands while they clutch their pearls because someone chose a joint over a fifth.

You can't be for small government and want them to control everything you ingest. Otherwise tomorrow they might regulate sugar because it makes people fat. People need to be FREE to make their own decisions. Yes, FREEDOM comes with RESPONSIBILITY. With RESPONSIBILITY comes CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR ACTIONS. But those CONSEQUENCES should not come from the government in almost every case (exceptions for things like murder).

Should the .gov make high fructose corn syrup illegal because it is making America fat? NO! Should heroin be illegal because it is addictive and can ruin your life? NO!

When I'm 75 I'm doing heroin. Might try some hallucinogens too. I've smoked pot. Shidt's great! I still had a roof over my head smoking pot. Heroin is so awesome people are like "Fugg it, I don't need a house!" And if I want to shoot up right now who gives a [bleep].

Continue the pearl clutching.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Official 24hr mantra on drugs

Guns: SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, EVEN IF INNOCENT PEOPLE DIE FROM GUN VIOLENCE
Drugs: WE NEED GOVERNMENT TO MAKE THEM ILLEGAL SO THEY DON'T HURT ANYONE

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Oh my god my pearls!!!!
*clutches pearls and recoils from the thought of someone being intoxicated*

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Official 24hr mantra on drugs

Guns: SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, EVEN IF INNOCENT PEOPLE DIE FROM GUN VIOLENCE
Drugs: WE NEED GOVERNMENT TO MAKE THEM ILLEGAL SO THEY DON'T HURT ANYONE

The hypocrisy here is laughable. If you want a bigger government, I hear Hillary is accepting votes in November. (Yeah, Trump may grow government too, but not as much as Hillary and that's the choice this time around)

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (222ND, 25aught6, 10Glocks, 160user, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 65 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,375
Posts18,527,466
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.