-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Setting differential speeds is a major cause of accidents. Nothing like a little 4 wheeler slamming into the back of a truck they "didn't see".

My trucks are actually governed at 66 on the cruise. They also get 5 minutes on the pedal up to 80 mph, and unlimited time up to 69. If they need the speed to merge, pass, whatever, they can do it. Lots of neat options inside the ECM of modern engines.

I don't need a driver to decide to do 80 MPH across the desert in 100 degree heat and a full load, and see how many road gators he can create.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Hillary also wants to bring back the double nickle.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Pugs and Dutch, very interesting.

Last edited by SamOlson; 08/26/16.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
My Dad is of the board of directors of one of the larger freight companies and he is expecting them to go to driverless trucks at some point. They are really struggling to find drivers, and the average age of their drivers continue to climb, with no relief on sight.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Just keep them the fug out of the passing lane.
Agreed, Diesel dummies trying to control the speed of traffic by getting side by side and driving 5 miles below the speed limit for miles on end, fug them and their mothers , wives and daughters

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12

The big carriers are the entire problem with the trucking industry today

Clearly you aren't familiar with the small gypo outfits that run Chip Trucks with minimum wage drivers around these parts..... eek

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by blanket
Agreed, Diesel dummies trying to control the speed of traffic by getting side by side and driving 5 miles below the speed limit for miles on end, fug them and their mothers , wives and daughters

What's so wrong with driving the speed limit in the left lane?

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
not the limit you dipshit but below as some do side by side

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

We call that a "slug race"....fortunately ID has a law against holding up five or more vehicles and the ISP's pretty good about enforcing it....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There are professional driver on the road today that do a great job. The work hard, they work long hours, and they do it by the books. I did it for around six and a half years with no moving violations and no accidents.

Many a time I was doing the speed limit on cruse only to have a car pass me, cut back so close I could not see the tail lights from a slant hood Freightliner, and put on their brakes hard. The often slowed down to five or ten miles below the speed limit. I have had to break so hard I shifted 7,000 pound plus roles of paper to the front of the trailer and had to turn around and go back to the mill to be reloaded to be legal risking my ass to keep from killing some idiot. Just a hint, if you see a truck with 26 to 28 tires on the ground it might just be heavy and even a 80,000 pound rig cannot stop on a dime.

That said I will be the first to admit there are CDL drivers on the road who should not be allowed to ride a rocking horse.

To expect a truck to maintain 80 mph speeds in mountain country means you don't have the IQ to pas the test to be a bowling ball.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Apparently you dads condom was bigger than your personality!

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

What's so wrong with driving the speed limit in the left lane?
You must be one of those guys that get side by side and drop 10 miles an hour up every hill just because you can

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

Apparently you dads condom was bigger than your personality!
and dads rubber was bigger than what run down on your mother

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Scott F
There are professional driver on the road today that do a great job. The work hard, they work long hours, and they do it by the books. I did it for around six and a half years with no moving violations and no accidents.

Many a time I was doing the speed limit on cruse only to have a car pass me, cut back so close I could not see the tail lights from a slant hood Freightliner, and put on their brakes hard. The often slowed down to five or ten miles below the speed limit. I have had to break so hard I shifted 7,000 pound plus roles of paper to the front of the trailer and had to turn around and go back to the mill to be reloaded to be legal risking my ass to keep from killing some idiot. Just a hint, if you see a truck with 26 to 28 tires on the ground it might just be heavy and even a 80,000 pound rig cannot stop on a dime.

That said I will be the first to admit there are CDL drivers on the road who should not be allowed to ride a rocking horse.

To expect a truck to maintain 80 mph speeds in mountain country means you don't have the IQ to pas the test to be a bowling ball.
Scott understand mountains and heavy loads, we have dik weed drivers going thru Flatlands like Ill, Ia, NB, SD that side by side slow down for miles on end.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In that case the belong to this part of my post.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
you would not believe the crap you see here in Iowa on the road from truckers, they must be from missouri

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My company has 700 trucks, we are governed at 65 mph.
I don't like it, damn I would love to be able to go 70.

Still I pass a lot of trucks. Swift has 14,000 trucks and they are governed at 62.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Swift has 14,000 trucks and they are governed at 62.

Swift drivers need training wheels. I started with swift but the canned me when they found out I could back up. wink

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
and most Swift trucks will ride the left lane for ever

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
and most Swift trucks will ride the left lane for ever

Once again.

grin

BTW do you know there are places in CA where you can shell out the $$$ and walk away with a CDL without ever taking a test or even knowing English?

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,690
Posts18,475,125
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.