Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Historically the price of epi precluded other companies from replicating the product.

The FDA is a major problem, but in this case they don't shoulder the blame for the 500%+ price increases. Politics, cronyism and greed are the culprits in this case.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Steve
There are 8 competing verions in the EU. Only one has made it past the FDA. Therein lies the crux...
Actually, the devil is in the details.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Historically the price of epi precluded other companies from replicating the product.

The FDA is a major problem, but in this case they don't shoulder the blame for the 500%+ price increases. Politics, cronyism and greed are the culprits in this case.
This. And to be concise, evil.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I only spent years and years in the business. I think I have a dang good idea of how it works, and who is responsible for pricing.

I worked in the medical industry long enough to see how tha guvment was screwing people over... and that was before Obamacare. Dying of cancer and there's a miracle drug that may cure you but it isn't FDA approved yet? TOO STINKING BAD!!! They're not going to rush approve it, even "if it can save just one life."

ETA Sam, I'd not mind hearing why you think this company might be losing money selling EpiPens @ $630 a pop.

I guess a better way to look at it would be 'not making the profit margin they targeted'. Lots of factors can impact that, including, but not limited to State contracts, federal contracts, litigation, gearing up for a new version of the pen, HR costs, material costs, new EPA or FDA regulations in the manufacturing process................the list is endless.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
simplistic and sophomoric. There is so much more than that at play with drug prices. If you think prices are too high, in general, it's because of the FDA or the DOJ. Both drive the price. Blame a politician, a bureaucrat or a lawyer, not the company that makes and sells the product. They make very little on it, and on stuff like EpiPen, probably lose money.

Lolol. That's the silliest thing I've heard in awhile. Simplistic and sophomoric not to mention ignorant and uninformed describes the quoted post.

not all of us can be a brain trust like you. I only spent years and years in the business. I think I have a dang good idea of how it works, and who is responsible for pricing.

If you have such a dang good idea of how it works then why are you being a dumb ass? I know you're a grumpy, down in the mouth old restauranteur with nothing positive to ever say about anything so tell us your experience with epinephrine and the restaurant business. One doesn't need to be a "brain trust" to know when you're full of shlt. Most of the time people pass over your negative Bullshlt but sometimes it's fun to call you on it. You are wrong but too old and pissed off at the world to admit it. Go buy a clue and STFU unless you think you can substantiate your Bullshlt.

this is where I usually insert GFY. If only I could be like you. laughing

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just googled the cost of an Epipen here in the UK and an NHS website says they pay around $40 each...

If that's true, that really shows the makers are ripping you guys off...

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Pete,

Do you have advisability if that price is subsidized and if so buy how much?

Carpe' Scrotum
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve
Pete,

Do you have advisability if that price is subsidized and if so buy how much?

Visibility... Stupid brain!

Carpe' Scrotum
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
I only spent years and years in the business. I think I have a dang good idea of how it works, and who is responsible for pricing.

I worked in the medical industry long enough to see how tha guvment was screwing people over... and that was before Obamacare. Dying of cancer and there's a miracle drug that may cure you but it isn't FDA approved yet? TOO STINKING BAD!!! They're not going to rush approve it, even "if it can save just one life."

ETA Sam, I'd not mind hearing why you think this company might be losing money selling EpiPens @ $630 a pop.

I guess a better way to look at it would be 'not making the profit margin they targeted'. Lots of factors can impact that, including, but not limited to State contracts, federal contracts, litigation, gearing up for a new version of the pen, HR costs, material costs, new EPA or FDA regulations in the manufacturing process................the list is endless.

Thanks Sam. 5 years ago my copay after insurance for the EpiPen was $15. Wondering why it's now so much more. I would think if they really had those high operational costs they would be built into the cost of the drug from the get-go, and not raised the price as time went on due to operational costs. In my estimation, it's greed, because they can (for the reasons I already stated in this thread- .gov creating the conditions for the monopoly to exist).

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

this is where I usually insert GFY. If only I could be like you. laughing

I've been told worse. I can be a grumpy dick too but I figure a man that raised several children to become successful adults, basically by himself can't be too bad. Hope you and yours stay safe with the breezes blowing around you.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
True capitalism requires minimal government involvement and ethical business owners. What we have today is not true capitalism. It is a muddy mess, taken over by government and unethical large business owners. True capitalism is farmers, manufacturers, professional service people selling their product or labor for a profit. Monopolies are rare when government stays out of the process. Unethical business owners are also rare when competition is free to rise. What the Epi-pen proves, is when government creates monopolies, it is the government who is at fault. It created the environment which allowed the unethical businesses to flourish. Your vote made it all possible. Look in the mirror. Tell yourself I did this, I made this muddy mess.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I think what many people still do not understand is that Mylan does not hold a patent on epinephrine, they hold a patent on a delivery system. It is the type of mostly foolproof, lawyer proof and idiot proof system that Doctors like to prescribe, because it's safe.

It's like holding a patent on the Bic lighter. You have a delivery system for fire, but if you charge 20 bucks for it people will just use matches.

When I was a kid (early 70's) I was prescribed epinephrine for bee stings and it was a plane old syringe like diabetics use all the time.

I switched to the epipens in the 90's because they were convenient and still relatively cheap.

Ia ain't paying $600 for a pair of epipens, I'll go back to a syringe, even if I have to convince my veterinarian that my cat has peanut allergies.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (12344mag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,900
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.