Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 41 42
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The Saudi religious police would like to talk to you.

Saudi Arabia sentences man to 10 years in jail and 2,000 lashes for tweeting he was atheist
the-sun.png
Published August 31, 2016

A court in Saudi Arabia has sentenced a man to ten years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing his atheism on Twitter.

The 28-year-old reportedly refused to repent, insisting what he wrote reflected his beliefs and that he had the right to express them.

The hardline Islamic state’s religious police in charge of monitoring social networks found more than 600 tweets denying the existence of God, ridiculing Koranic verses, accusing all prophets of lies and saying their teaching fuelled hostilities.

In 2014 the late King Abdullah issued a string of royal decrees aimed at clamping down on all forms of political dissent and protests that could “harm public order”.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

How is that different from...

This.

To Fight Climate Change Attorney General Eric Schneiderman Deputizes Thought Police
New docs reveal that even allies wonder if activist AG went too far

by Jeff Stier
New York Observer
September 7, 2016

With his latest plan to punish even thoughts and speech related to climate change, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has raised the eyebrows of even his fellow climate-change activist Democrat attorneys general (AG).

Officials from a number of state AG offices expressed anxiety about Schneiderman's controversial plan to investigate and possibly prosecute not only energy companies, but think tanks, for challenging the science underpinning some of the more alarmist statements coming from the Al Gore camp of the party on climate issues. Newly-released emails, obtained under freedom of information laws, reveal a level of discomfort with Schneiderman's strategy.

Ironically, as Schneiderman sought to line up AGs to join a coalition to use anti-racketeering laws to silence individuals and institutions for expressing views skeptical that human beings are causing catastrophic global warming, numerous AGs who Schneiderman targeted as allies acted more like cautious co-conspirators. They warned his staff not to put much in writing, to assume state open records laws would expose their radical tactics, and pointedly asked Schneiderman to "dial back" language suggesting they were joining the coalition.

It's not that they didn't agree with him on climate change. Rather, it seems they were concerned about potential abuse of their enforcement powers if they got roped into Schneiderman's scheme.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Saudi religious police would like to talk to you.

Saudi Arabia sentences man to 10 years in jail and 2,000 lashes for tweeting he was atheist
the-sun.png
Published August 31, 2016

A court in Saudi Arabia has sentenced a man to ten years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing his atheism on Twitter.

The 28-year-old reportedly refused to repent, insisting what he wrote reflected his beliefs and that he had the right to express them.

The hardline Islamic state’s religious police in charge of monitoring social networks found more than 600 tweets denying the existence of God, ridiculing Koranic verses, accusing all prophets of lies and saying their teaching fuelled hostilities.

In 2014 the late King Abdullah issued a string of royal decrees aimed at clamping down on all forms of political dissent and protests that could “harm public order”.

Preview of what the US would look like if the religious right ever got the power they seek...

On another note, where are the cries against radical Islam vis-a-vis Saudi Arabia, our 'allies''..

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Mojo...the house of Saud is allied to the house of Saud.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MojoHand

Preview of what the US would look like if the religious right ever got the power they seek...

The Christian right would only want to be left to their own.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F

As in "mind your own business"?
Where have we heard that before.

The "christian right" is as oppressive as the Saudis in many ways, but they won't admit it to themselves.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't believe in climate change. Unless Allah causes it.

Good to go.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Climate change is a scam, like BLM.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Christian right gave you this country and liberty and many of the other things you hold dear.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Snyper

The "christian right" is as oppressive as the Saudis in many ways, but they won't admit it to themselves.

BS.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

BS.

No, it's really not.
They would be if they could get away with it, but they can't.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Can there be any doubt that religion causes wars? No thread with religion in it stays civil, even here on the 'Fire.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am pretty far right, in fact I am a far enough right Constitutionalist to believe Rush is a rabid liberal, and I am a Christian. I just want to be left alone to believe in what I believe. I have no desire to try to convert anyone who does not ask me questions about my faith. Many here have sat around a campfire with me and can testify to that statement.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

No, it's really not.
They would be if they could get away with it, but they can't.

Religion alone cannot be singled out for this...every group of humans does it's level best to make all others conform to the group ideal, the majority are just as tribal as the blackest black fella in Africa.

This has been a very reliable survival strategy and shall continue to be so, 'til a bigger nastier group is met.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The Constitution defends your right to believe or not believe. America was founded on some Christian values but defends you rights too and do I.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Oh Snyper, go take a cloth and scrub your server.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am pretty far right, in fact I am a far enough right Constitutionalist to believe Rush is a rabid liberal, and I am a Christian. I just want to be left alone to believe in what I believe. I have no desire to try to convert anyone who does not ask me questions about my faith. Many here have sat around a campfire with me and can testify to that statement.

That's about where I stand.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

More "christians" especially some on the 'Fire should take heed to these two sentences.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Yep me too.

I also want the freedom to give an honest answer when that person asks, and to be able to freely associate with whomever I please and hear the truth preached without worry of persecution.

Which is a basic human right even for those who disagree with me... The irony is it is only Christianity that recognizes this fact on a systematic basis (although those acting in the name of Christianity have acted out of synch with the system on this point in the past) and yet we're often the subjects of attacks from those who say they want freedom.

Hint: it wasn't Sharia or Humanistic rationalism (the destructive religion of the last century) informing the Founding Fathers of this matter; it was their Western Judeo-Christian backgrounds that did. Not I say backgrounds a snot beliefs because many were not Cheidtians but had been steeped in Western philosophy...

Anyway as far as I'm concerned you can worship whomever you choose and stick yer rooster in whomever or whatever you choose just leave me and my children alone and I'll do the same for you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Can there be any doubt that religion causes wars? No thread with religion in it stays civil, even here on the 'Fire.

While I agree with you about religion and wars the fire is hardly a reliable barometer.....

You could post a pic of a box of puppies on the "campfire" and someone would eventually come along and find something about it to chitmouth and argue about....

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

377 members (17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 1936M71, 16gage, 37 invisible), 2,209 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,146
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.