Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 42 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 41 42
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

.[/quote]

The evidence is available for all to examine, and I have. Every line of reasoning for the Christian God present so far falls by one or more logical fallacies.

Keep in mind, to support your belief you've also became a Young Earth Creationist, denying large swaths of science in favor of an ancient fable. As a result, your claims of evidence are not convincing. [/quote]

If you want to believe then you will find a way. If you don't want to believe than no argument can sway you. It really is just that simple.

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
However I will offer this, any god claim requiring a young Earth is sufficiently disproved.
God never claimed a young earth. Many of His believers do, simply because they havn't searched it out.

Neither is that any consequence regarding a person's salvation. God only cares about a very small finite amount of belief for that and the age of the earth is not on that short list.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
However I will offer this, any god claim requiring a young Earth is sufficiently disproved.
God never claimed a young earth. Many of His believers do, simply because they havn't searched it out.
Neither is that any consequence regarding a person's salvation. God only cares about a very small finite amount of belief for that and the age of the earth is not on that short list.

Yep. Big time.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Antelope Sniper
The evidence is available for all to examine, and I have. Every line of reasoning for the Christian God present so far falls by one or more logical fallacies.

Keep in mind, to support your belief you've also became a Young Earth Creationist, denying large swaths of science in favor of an ancient fable. As a result, your claims of evidence are not convincing.

If you want to believe then you will find a way. If you don't want to believe than no argument can sway you. It really is just that simple.

It doesn't matter how much I WANT to believe I'm a billionaire. The evidence, in the form of my bank balance, says otherwise. What you want to believe is irrelevant, it's the evidence that matters.

I do find it ironic that your all knowing, all powerful god can't even figure out what evidence would be sufficient to convince a modern skeptic of his existence.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/11/16.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Have you abandoned your belief in a young earth?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Keep in mind, to support your belief you've also became a Young Earth Creationist, denying large swaths of science in favor of an ancient fable. As a result, your claims of evidence are not convincing.

It doesn't matter how much I WANT to believe I'm a billionaire. The evidence, in the form of my bank balance, says otherwise. What you want to believe is irrelevant, it's the evidence that matters.

I do find it ironic that your all knowing, all powerful god can't even figure out what evidence would be sufficient to convince a modern skeptic of his existence.

It's not about God being able. It's about God wanting you to make the choice. If God appeared before you,you would have no choice but to believe. God wants his children to decide on their own to choose him ,not to be forced into it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

It's not about God being able. It's about God wanting you to make the choice. If God appeared before you,you would have no choice but to believe. God wants his children to decide on their own to choose him ,not to be forced into it.

So you God want's us to believe based on bad evidence?

As for him not wanting us to be forced, that whole Hell think kind of contradicts that hypothesis. Eternal torture for the crime of non-believe is a level of coercion not consistent with "letting us choose". Imagine you told you son he could choose any profession he wanted to, because you respected his right to choose, but if he didn't' become a doctor you would drench him in gasoline and light him on fire. Are you really respecting his free will, or exercising massive coercion?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/11/16.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
You're making sense...normally not tolerated in a theological discussion.

Don't let the name fool Ya!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
[It doesn't matter how much I WANT to believe I'm a billionaire. The evidence, in the form of my bank balance, says otherwise. What you want to believe is irrelevant, it's the evidence that matters. /quote]

While the spelling of want and won't is quite similar, their meaning is sometimes complimentary, in that those things we don't want to do, believe, hear, understand, also become things we won't do, believe, hear or understand. This is often true with political views, "settled science", and religion. With some things the results can be minor, but with others, cataclysmic.

On the other hand, those things we do want, very often become the things we have and are. That is the power of faith, or at least an illustration.

[quote]I do find it ironic that your all knowing, all powerful god can't even figure out what evidence would be sufficient to convince a modern skeptic of his existence
It's not ironic, it's you. He's convinced many complete non-believers who, when setting out to write about their disbelief, suddenly found themselves face to faith with a different Truth. The evidence is in abundance, but then so is it for many trials that somehow go wrong. That's not ironic either, but another won't.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
You are attempting to shift the burden of proof.

lol

Athiests claim that God doesn't exist, and believers claim that God does exist. But to athiests, 'only' believers are required to prove their claim...athiests conveniently exclude themselves from having to prove their claim.

You're still confused.
Atheists don't care one way or the other.

You're the only one who can't prove your claim.

Many keep saying "the evidence is everywhere" but oddly they can't seem to show it to anyone else.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

So you God want's us to believe based on bad evidence?

As for him not wanting us to be forced, that whole Hell think kind of contradicts that hypothesis. Eternal torture for the crime of non-believe is a level of coercion not consistent with "letting us choose". Imagine you told you son he could choose any profession he wanted to, because you respected his right to choose, but if he didn't' become a doctor you would drench him in gasoline and light him on fire. Are you really respecting his free will, or exercising massive coercion?

You are mistaken in that you have confused belief in the divine for belief in religious doctrine.

The former is by choice, the latter is written on paper.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Many keep saying "the evidence is everywhere" but oddly they can't seem to show it to anyone else.
He's proved it to himself.So have I and billions of others as well. And there is nothing odd in not being able to prove anything to anyone whose mind simply will not believe.Sad, yes, but not odd.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
You're still confused.

Hardly.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

He's proved it to himself.So have I and billions of others as well. And there is nothing odd in not being able to prove anything to anyone whose mind simply will not believe.Sad, yes, but not odd.

You are also wrong as there is no proof, only belief.

Suffices for me.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You arrived here many years too late to see my posts in the reloading forums. I was working with the new RUM's and a couple of AI cartridges so the information we swapped here was not obtainable any other way.There is a "sticky" of archived material just above if you want to research them.

There is proof of God's existence in His creation which is all around you.

YOU are arguing from a negative position and cannot offer an alternative explanation for this creation.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by antlers
You are attempting to shift the burden of proof.

lol

Athiests claim that God doesn't exist, and believers claim that God does exist. But to athiests, 'only' believers are required to prove their claim...athiests conveniently exclude themselves from having to prove their claim.

That's it in a nutshell (pun intended). These threads I generally stay away from since atheists demand I offer proof of faith. By definition faith doesn't require proof lest it no longer is faith.

I'll answer for my faith come judgement day as will those that have no faith. Until that day I'll continue to believe and I'll accept that others don't.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
There is proof of God's existence in His creation which is all around you.

Clearly.

We can't see gravity either, but we know it exists because we can see and feel its effects.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sykotik
You're making sense...normally not tolerated in a theological discussion.

No, he is not.

No matter what is posted, he responds as if he is arguing with Ringman.

There are many of us on here who never argue from the bible, never mention a burning hell, in fact....... who don't even argue for God's existence from a Christian point of view.

But he responds to Ringman even when Ringman is not part of the discussion.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Sorry...Don't know Ringman

Don't let the name fool Ya!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sykotik
Sorry...Don't know Ringman

Say his name three times while standing on one foot.

He will show up.

Page 7 of 42 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

151 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 673, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 14 invisible), 1,269 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,086
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.