Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by steve99
OP, look outside your window.

I saw good becoming evil and evil good. Darn, another propecy fulfilled.

I saw where men were sharing their wives. I saw a nation turning from God.

I saw a nation floundering. Darn, more fulfillment.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/17/16.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx

So, since you are already convinced you cant intelligently process what it means for some to have accurately predicted future evdentd there is no point in your further embarrasment.

Speaking of intelligence, I wonder if there's a written exam to get into heaven? On grammar and spelling, perhaps? Anybody know for sure?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Tracks

I know that if I hit a deer in the brain with a 7 mag bullet I will get the deer.

With a little thought most can think of several possible exceptions to that statement.
For example that brain shot deer falls off a cliff and you're unable to recover it.
There are no absolutes.

God is an absolute. In fact, he is THE absolute.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
At this point I ask:

1. Did you pose this question because YOU are now doubting Gods' existence and in turn your faith, which leads to you now needing reassurance from others ?

2. Or did you have a need to pose a question that would lead to discussion that would allow you to preach the word of God to others ?

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Micaia was thrown in prison and fed bread and water for going against King Ahab and his 400 prophets not inspired by God when he said they should not join Jehoshaphat and attack Syria, when all 400 prophets of the king opposed him. He predicted Ahab would be killed and the army defeated. Ahab disguised himself and was killed by a miracle arrow that hit the chink in his armor.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/17/16.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."

List all the other possibilities of how the earth and universe came to be. There really is only one possiblity that makes any sense. There is a creater god, and his name is I Am. He made everything in its complexity and wonder by speaking it into being. No way it happend by accident, evolution, or any other way.

You know in your heart God is or the question would not be posed. He placed that yearning there. To accept that yearning is faith and the beginning of wisdom. To reject it is something else entirely and will not end well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Snyper
How can we find out if God exists?

You can't unless you die first.
Then it's too late to matter.

How wrong! I have heard his voice with my ears and tangibly felt his touch. I am but a witness and testify to this truth. That you or others have not is unfortunate, but not proof.

Last edited by Gun_Geezer; 09/17/16.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."

List all the other possibilities of how the earth and universe came to be. There really is only one possiblity that makes any sense. There is a creater god, and his name is I Am. He made everything in its complexity and wonder by speaking it into being. No way it happend by accident, evolution, or any other way.

You know in your heart God is or the question would not be posed. He placed that yearning there. To accept that yearning is faith and the beginning of wisdom. To reject it is something else entirely and will not end well.

NAILED IT!!!

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it a worthwhile effort.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

I know that if I hit a deer in the brain with a 7 mag bullet I will get the deer.

There are no absolutes.

Tracks,

Your statement is an absolute so there is at least one exception to your rule. If there can be one exception to your rule, why not more?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by JSTUART

... stories made up by strangers with vested interests and a bent for bullshit.

JSTUART,

I realize that you and I disagree about many points presented in this thread. However, I like to keep an open mind. Do you have any evidence to support your statement that I have quoted above?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by achadwick

There are no absolutes.

Tracks,

Your statement is an absolute so there is at least one exception to your rule. If there can be one exception to your rule, why not more?

You're absolutely correct. Seems as though I proved and disproved my point with the same post.
Tell me that doesn't take talent grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All you have to do is look at the witnesses . Jesus said he was the Son of God. The Apotles believed him and he proved it to them or they would have disappeared after his death. They went on proclaiming the good news.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/killing-jesus/articles/how-did-the-apostles-die/
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
A Jew by the name of Isaiah faced an Assyrian army which threatened the besieged people of Jerusalem under Hezekia. Isaiah prayed to the Lord and was told, and predicted, a rumor would reach King Sennacherid of trouble in his own country and would leave for his country. He did and was subsequently killed by his own sons.

He also then said Babylon would destroy the country of Judah and that the surviving sons of the royal family would be ennuchs in Babylon. This came true a hundred years later.

He then predicted that the Medes would subsequently destroy Babylon which would never be lived in again. Babylon was historically one of the sdven wonders of the world and was considered impossible to take, with walls thick enough 5 chariots could be run beside each other on the top which was 150 feet high.

The Medes dammed the Euphrates River which ran through it and during a drunken royal ball the opposing army marched in under the wall and took it. Thus, we are left with the saying "The handwriting is on the wall" after the Medes wrote "Your kingdom was weighed in the balance and been found wanting. It is divided and given to the Medes and Persians". Daniel 5:1-31.

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Question answered....

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Later, Iszaiah predicted a King Cyrus would in the then distant future, allow Jews who wanted to return to their homeland (humm, I thought the Jews didnt have a homeland) and rebuild Jerusalem and the Temple to do so.

200 years later, a Persian King Cyrus did just that with the Jewish captives left over from Babylon.

Lucky guess, I suppose. Later lucky guys would predict a strange event that would affect the world would occur in Bethlehem. I guess there were reasons beyond the fear of death to dream up the idea of the Savior.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Those stories were described and foretold in Isaiah 44:28-45:4 and Ezra 1:1-11.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by achadwick

There are no absolutes.

Tracks,

You're absolutely correct. Seems as though I proved and disproved my point with the same post.
Tell me that doesn't take talent grin

Excellent! We are in agreement that there are absolutes.

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Faith gets us in Heaven. It doesnt prove beyond a shadow of doubt God exists.

The claims made in the Bible have a great basis in historically proven evidence.

Without "god" there is no "heaven"
One fantasy requires the other

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those that require "miracles" as proof of God, have no faith, and therefore no God.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Originally Posted by Snyper
How can we find out if God exists?

You can't unless you die first.
Then it's too late to matter.

How wrong! I have heard his voice with my ears and tangibly felt his touch. I am but a witness and testify to this truth. That you or others have not is unfortunate, but not proof.

You had some sort of experience, and have convinced yourself that was "god".

Hallucinations and "feelings" aren't "proof" of anything.

Proof is something that can be presented on demand repeatedly.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

141 members (1lesfox, 44mc, 35, 7887mm08, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,060 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,417
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.