Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am not butt hurt.

...REALLY ?

...coulda' had me fooled, and callin' you self righteous azzwhole seems to be a little light.

your style is bloody well offensive, Mate.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
We can read the scripture and compare whether those who claimed to be profits enlightened by God to the prophecies they made and whether they did in fact come to pass historically.

If a man told you he was a prophet God directed him to inform us the prophecy and if those things he said did come to be always true, even seemingly impossible events, and none were missed, one could dismiss the prophet as being lucky or one could get a clue.

Those too stupid or stiffnecked to get a clue, being of sound mind, wouldn't be worthy of the knowing the truth.

Dude,
Pray sincerely with a good heart and the Holy Spirit will confirm the presence of God.

Now, the Holy Spirit has revealed to me many things, including the fact you've been sharing the bong with Gus again. Give up the weed, order a pizza, and ask no more of these questions.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Snyper

You had some sort of experience, and have convinced yourself that was "god".

Hallucinations and "feelings" aren't "proof" of anything.

Proof is something that can be presented on demand repeatedly.

The OP didn't ask how one can prove to others the existence of God. If he had there'd be truth in what you say above.

If, however, the OP was asking how people here have found out that God exists in the subjective sense, you're completely wrong.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
How can we find out if God exists?

You can't unless you die first.
Then it's too late to matter.

How wrong! I have heard his voice with my ears and tangibly felt his touch. I am but a witness and testify to this truth. That you or others have not is unfortunate, but not proof.

I have no reason to decieve you. What I heard I heard. What I felt I felt. The Lord called my name and touched me.

God says that the ultimate description of a fool is one who “says in his heart, ‘There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1).

Believe or not, it is up to you.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It is easy when you write the story after the thing happens.

When is Christ coming back? Fingers crossed Trump is the Christ because that would be awesome. (I previously crossed fingers it was David Koresh, Hogen [bleep], Kenny Powers, David Shalyer, and Michael Sherlock)

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by efw

The OP didn't ask how one can prove to others the existence of God. If he had there'd be truth in what you say above.

If, however, the OP was asking how people here have found out that God exists in the subjective sense, you're completely wrong.

You seem confused since that post wasn't about the OP at all.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

How wrong! I have heard his voice with my ears and tangibly felt his touch. I am but a witness and testify to this truth. That you or others have not is unfortunate, but not proof.

I have no reason to decieve you. What I heard I heard. What I felt I felt. The Lord called my name and touched me.

God says that the ultimate description of a fool is one who “says in his heart, ‘There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1).

I have no doubt you think all that happened.
That still doesn't mean it did, or that it's "proof" of anything other than something in your own mind.

Some guy writing a book said that, claiming it was "god".
You can't quote the book as evidence the book is real.

You can believe whatever makes you happy, but it doesn't apply to anyone other than yourself.

Last edited by Snyper; 09/17/16.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hatari
We can read the scripture and compare whether those who claimed to be profits enlightened by God to the prophecies they made and whether they did in fact come to pass historically.

If a man told you he was a prophet God directed him to inform us the prophecy and if those things he said did come to be always true, even seemingly impossible events, and none were missed, one could dismiss the prophet as being lucky or one could get a clue.

Those too stupid or stiffnecked to get a clue, being of sound mind, wouldn't be worthy of the knowing the truth.

Dude,
Pray sincerely with a good heart and the Holy Spirit will confirm the presence of God.

Now, the Holy Spirit has revealed to me many things, including the fact you've been sharing the bong with Gus again. Give up the weed, order a pizza, and ask no more of these questions.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

I totally agree Hatari.

My position was that if one showed that the divine prophecies were perfectly fulfilled, it would be reasonable to infer that other prophecies by the devinely inspired would also be fulfilled.

Then we have the geniouses who dont realize the prophecies of those mentioned are historical proven facts.

Also, as we shall see, the prophecy that a savior would be born in Bethlehem has been fulfilled.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
John 15:18-25.

I and other christians, are only more blessed when biotch slapped by biotches.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/17/16.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
John 15:18-25.

I and other christians, are only more blessed when biotch slapped by biotches.

I know a LOT of Christians that manage to remain civil, and live as examples of all that's good about GOODNESS.

If shi**ing all over yourself in public, and than throwing it at folks around you is your idea of a "blessing",.....

well wtf can one say, other than fill your boots, Stud.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Scott F
I believe in God and His Son Jesus Christ.

I believe that baiting a post like this will do nothing to convince anyone of your points.

I believe this thread will only serve to tick off the ones you are trying to reach.

I believe this will most likely be my last reply to this thread.

The Pope asks for peace on earth, not me and not Christ. Matthew 10:35-38.
I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother. ....a mans enemies will be of his own
household.....(meaning, your relatives would prefer you to be acceptable to them and like them rather than as me). Whoever doesn't be a christian is not worthy of me.

Then Luke 9:26 Whosoever is ashamed of me .... (afraid of offending others?-afraid to repeat my words as they may make other uncomfortable and subsequently badmouth us christians?)

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

I have no doubt you think all that happened.
That still doesn't mean it did, or that it's "proof" of anything other than something in your own mind.

Some guy writing a book said that, claiming it was "god".
You can't quote the book as evidence the book is real.

You can believe whatever makes you happy, but it doesn't apply to anyone other than yourself.

Mounting evidence establishes proof. Asking for proof is a side-step. Objectively looking for evidence is an honest approach.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If birth doesn't teach you, death will.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Faith?
Faith and ample evidence. But note how many trials have hung juries. Some people can't be persuaded, lack discernment and have closed minds. We all only know what we can know, not what we can't or won't.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
If birth doesn't teach you, death will.
Excellent. So true.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Which scriptures of which god?

There are thousands of god beliefs, if you wish to prove on, you must fist define it.

Can you even define your god?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Start over at the first, AS. Read it again slowly and you can answer your questions.

It's about the Prince of Peace. He brings it to the hearts and minds of Israel, all of Israel, the spiritual Israel, the believers He will save. Romans 11:26. Another prophecy, like the one we see happening now - all the world turning against Israel, marking the latter days.

So really, why bother.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I had my first real exposure to atheists and agnostics back in high school. Before that, I was seemed to be surrounded by people with faith, both Christian and Jewish.

It dawned on me about junior year that God was joke.

(dramatic pause)

No, I don't mean that God is frivolous. I mean that one's belief in God works a lot the same way you either get or don't get a joke. You either get it or you don't and telling it over again is generally not going make the situation better.

I realized everyone is faced with the same physical universe. Some of us wake up in the morning and see a beautiful divine creation, and some of us don't. Some people can read the Bible cover to cover and see a bunch of fables and morality stories and history. Other people read it and find divine inspiration.

In a lot of ways its like seeing two sides of the same coin. God is so pervasive, that He is easy to ignore. I know this to be true, because otherwise there would not be so many atheists running about. They seem to be able to live happy, fulfilling lives without seriously considering God in their lives, and they are content to face death as it is without an alternative. On the other hand, I count myself among those who feel there is something more to it all. I feel happier for having got the joke. To me it is the most important things in my life.

I got to writing this and was reminded of the Parable of the Sower in Mark 4 and the other parables where Jesus uses mustard seeds as a metaphor. Jesus is talking about Faith in those scriptures. Mustard seeds are very tiny, and they scatter easily. When they fall in just the right spot, and get the right amount of nurturing, they become massive plants that can shelter birds. My point is that Jesus describes a lot of conditions where the seeds never sprout or fail to flourish. So it is with one's belief in God. The seed of Faith is going to grow or it isn't.

I really like that depiction of the Last Supper, and it reminds me of what can stand as my own parable. Many years ago, KYHillChick and I had gone to the Keys in January, around Key Largo. One day we decided to drive to Key West and I had forgotten how long of a ride it was, and how few places there were to eat along the way. We were late having lunch. The first place we found in Key West was a Cajun place. We went in and the first thing I did was order a load of crawdads. They came and I was hungry and I dug in and started slurping those mothers down. I looked up in a little while and saw that KYHillCHick had not taken a bite.

"What's up?"

"You go ahead, I'm fine?"

"Why aren't you eating?"

"Frankly," said KYHillChick indignantly. "My family was rich enough we didn't have to eat what come from the creek!"

What I found out was that growing up on the KY/TN line, she'd had neighbors that sent their kids out to collect crayfish and whatever out of the creek. There were no septic tanks or sewers, so the creek was filled with sewage.

This was woman for whom seafood has never held an allure. She never had a trip to Long John Silver's as a kid. Her family never bought Maine Lobsters at the firehouse every October. The mustard seed of love of seafood fell on barren ground with that woman. She is a wonderful, God-loving woman, but she will never enjoy a fried shrimp or a stuffed clam. This is one joke she will probably never get.

God is like a joke. One more parable and then I'll go.

Two polar bears are in a bathtub. One turns to the other and says, "Please pass the soap."

Is it funny? Some poeple get the joke. Other people do not. It is an example of a Zen joke. The more you hear it, the funnier it gets. I told that joke 30-some years ago to a bunch of COBOL programmers at the insurance company where I worked, and they all thought it was stupid. However, somebody asked me to repeat it a few days later, and those who had heard it before giggled. This was probably more from the odd look it got than anything. However, within a few weeks, it was the funniest thing in the programming bay and folks were going home and telling their girlfriends and families.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Start over at the first, AS. Read it again slowly and you can answer your questions.

It's about the Prince of Peace. He brings it to the hearts and minds of Israel, all of Israel, the spiritual Israel, the believers He will save. Romans 11:26. Another prophecy, like the one we see happening now - all the world turning against Israel, marking the latter days.

So really, why bother.

so how do you feel about the tooth fairy?

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,216 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,348
Posts18,506,238
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.