Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
It's great knowing you never said "Godd_m".

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
How can we find out if God exists?

You can't unless you die first.
Then it's too late to matter.

How wrong! I have heard his voice with my ears and tangibly felt his touch. I am but a witness and testify to this truth. That you or others have not is unfortunate, but not proof.

You had some sort of experience, and have convinced yourself that was "god".

Hallucinations and "feelings" aren't "proof" of anything.

Proof is something that can be presented on demand repeatedly.

History cannot be presented on demand repeatedly so your rule is incomplete.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx
It's great knowing you never said "Godd_m".

you have no 'ph_kk!ng' clue.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I do have no clue as to why unbelievers flock to dispute those who believe, like moths to a campfire.

You are correct in your belief. He said in the Bible He is nonexistant to those who don't believe.

Many are called, few are chosen (to believe).

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/17/16.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats when it gets fun, when people who dont agree with you are deemed stupid, or unworthy.

Its all downhill from there.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I had my first real exposure to atheists and agnostics back in high school.

We live in times that promote atheistic perspective due to prosperity. Recall Judges. That book shows when times were good, people fell away and became less dependent and grateful regarding God and turned to exalt themselves: then things came crashing down until He send a Judge to save them. Today with our institutions of higher "education", and professional opportunities, it's Judges all over again, but this time He won't send a judge, He will Judge and that's gonna suck for many.

It dawned on me about junior year that God was joke.

(dramatic pause)

No, I don't mean that God is frivolous. I mean that one's belief in God works a lot the same way you either get or don't get a joke. You either get it or you don't and telling it over again is generally not going make the situation better.
That's pretty good and sadly true.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
“How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, “This is better than we thought!
The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant?”
Instead they say, “No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.”
A religion, old or new, that stressed the magnificence of the Universe as revealed by modern science might be able to draw forth reserves of reverence and awe hardly tapped by the conventional faiths.”
― Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
To see how bent out of shape most self proclaimed unbelievers get at the mention of something the claim to not believe makes me wonder if they are as sure and comfortable in their belief as I am.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Just be courteous and dont bring it up.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by gregintenn
To see how bent out of shape most self proclaimed unbelievers get at the mention of something the claim to not believe makes me wonder if they are as sure and comfortable in their belief as I am.

to see how many 'believers' seek attention and affirmation makes me wonder if they are sure of their beliefs at all.

Jim is correct. keep your personal beliefs personal and it's all good.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Thats when it gets fun, when people who dont agree with you are deemed stupid, or unworthy.

Its all downhill from there.

They deny people of the world are turning against the spiritual Israel and deny the nations of the world are turning against the physical nation of Israel.

The Lord has blinded them. John 12:40-42

Jer 5:21

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by achadwick
Originally Posted by JSTUART

... stories made up by strangers with vested interests and a bent for bullshit.

JSTUART,

I realize that you and I disagree about many points presented in this thread. However, I like to keep an open mind. Do you have any evidence to support your statement that I have quoted above?

[Linked Image]

I note that the arseholes that made up stories made a living from it...or do you really think you need this to pray in.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Lynn
Question answered....

Correct Lynn...he is another filthy maggot like ringy-thingy.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by toad
Originally Posted by gregintenn

to see how many 'believers' seek attention and affirmation makes me wonder if they are sure of their beliefs at all.

Jim is correct. keep your personal beliefs personal and it's all good.

We seek affirmation from unbelievers? That thought borders on insanity.

This thread was started to examine prophecies of the Bible that have come true and are often historically proven. Can you even comprehend that? You think the christians on here seek to be led by the blind?

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/18/16.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
[quote=Snyper]
How can we find out if God exists?

You can't unless you die first.
Then it's too late to matter.

How wrong! I have heard his voice with my ears and tangibly felt his touch. I am but a witness and testify to this truth. That you or others have not is unfortunate, but not proof.

You had some sort of experience, and have convinced yourself that was "god".

Hallucinations and "feelings" aren't "proof" of anything.

Proof is something that can be presented on demand repeatedly.

I have no reason to decieve you. What I heard I heard. What I felt I felt. The Lord called my name and touched me.

God says that the ultimate description of a fool is one who “says in his heart, ‘There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1).

Believe or not, it is up to you.

I have no doubt you think all that happened.
That still doesn't mean it did, or that it's "proof" of anything other than something in your own mind.

God says that the ultimate description of a fool is one who “says in his heart, ‘There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1).

Some guy writing a book said that, claiming it was "god".
You can't quote the book as evidence the book is real.

You can believe whatever makes you happy, but it doesn't apply to anyone other than yourself.

Mounting evidence establishes proof. Asking for proof is a side-step. Objectively looking for evidence is an honest approach.

That might apply if there were some "evidence mounting", but that's not the case.

It's just people talking about what they think is real, but cannot really prove in any way.

Religions are all man-made superstitions, and they all claim to be "the only way".

Last edited by Snyper; 09/18/16.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
To proceed.

After Israel became a nation again and Jesus brought the Good News which they rejected He spoke prophecy of their coming subjugation again. Luke 21:23,24. There will be a great distress on this land and the people will fall by the sword and be led captive by all the nations.

And Matt 23:36 Truly... all these things will happen to this generation.

40 years later it did. History verifies these prophecies.Titus and the Roman Legions destroyed Jerusalem. For 2000 years the sons of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob wandered the earth with no homeland.

Deut 28:46 Ampliphied- They (judgements) were on them (for a sign to other nations) for a wonder and upon your descendants forever.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
John Locke in "The Reasonableness of Christianity" argued that there was in fact, credible evidence, that was altogether conclusive.

Daniel 9 and the time line from the decree to rebuild to the Messiah is just one among many.

https://www.amazon.com/Coming-Prince-Marvelous-Concerning-Antichrist/dp/0615965881

Last edited by Robert_White; 09/18/16.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Robert_White
John Locke in "The Reasonableness of Christianity" argued that there was in fact, credible evidence, that was altogether conclusive.

Daniel 9 and the time line from the decree to rebuild to the Messiah is just one among many.

https://www.amazon.com/Coming-Prince-Marvelous-Concerning-Antichrist/dp/0615965881

So his "evidence" that the bible and god is real is something he read in the bible?

Seriously?

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
“How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, “This is better than we thought!
The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant?”
Instead they say, “No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.”
A religion, old or new, that stressed the magnificence of the Universe as revealed by modern science might be able to draw forth reserves of reverence and awe hardly tapped by the conventional faiths.”
― Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space

Carl Sagan was not the sort of writer, I ever found particularly inspiring. His wife collaborated on most of his better books and co-wrote the COSMOS series. When he divorced Ann Druyan the quality of his work dropped tremendously IMHO.

The thing Sagan misses in my view is that a good Christian can look at whatever unfolds in Science and turn around and say "Ah hah! This is yet another part of God's Universe unfolding." God is everything, so whatever we find must be of God.

Is anything we find going to "prove" or for that matter "disprove" the existence of God? No. That proof can only come from Faith or the lack thereof.

More on sewing mustard seeds: (I've got mustard seeds on the brain today, sorry!)

Jesus did a lot of his teaching through parable. A lot of folks question why, and there is a school of thought that says that Jesus did this so that only the Chosen would understand. These are the folks who hold to predestination. I don't. To me, we have choices in this world and those choices have consequences. We can choose to live a life whereby we get the jokes, or we can go through life where the Word of God bounces off us like talking Quantum Physics to my beagle.

By the way, I frequently discuss these matters with Lily, my beagle. She has taught me that it all comes down to love-- love and food. If it is not about love or food, she really does not think it's worthwile discussing. She is a dog who understands Supreme Love. She gets the joke.

Another school says Jesus was telling the apostles that the rabble would only get the parable, but his initiates would get Jesus' deeper teaching afterwards.

Let's look at what he says:

10As soon as He was alone, His followers, along with the twelve, began asking Him about the parables. 11And He was saying to them, “To you has been given the mystery of the kingdom of God, but those who are outside get everything in parables, 12so that WHILE SEEING, THEY MAY SEE AND NOT PERCEIVE, AND WHILE HEARING, THEY MAY HEAR AND NOT UNDERSTAND, OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT RETURN AND BE FORGIVEN.”

My view on this is that you either get the joke or you don't. Jesus is telling his disciples basic cowboy smarts: "If you can't pour piss out of a boot, having the direction written on the heal won't do ya' any good."

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 61 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.