Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
again, comprehension isn't your strength.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
GB1

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
just keep sucking in that oxygen, from there we can all find common ground, surely?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by toad
Originally Posted by gregintenn
To see how bent out of shape most self proclaimed unbelievers get at the mention of something the claim to not believe makes me wonder if they are as sure and comfortable in their belief as I am.

to see how many 'believers' seek attention and affirmation makes me wonder if they are sure of their beliefs at all.

Jim is correct. keep your personal beliefs personal and it's all good.

Or the unbelievers could skip this kind of thread and leave it to the believers to discuse things they believe in.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
wasn't there a subforum for this kind of topic? something like 'Christ at the Campfire' where these topics could be discussed in peace? what happened there?

I seem to remember it didn't work out too well, even without those pesky 'non-believers'

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
isn't there a subforum for this kind of topic? something like 'Christ at the Campfire' where these topics could be discussed in peace?

You have to be a member to post there. So the answer, generally, is "no".

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
isn't there a subforum for this kind of topic? something like 'Christ at the Campfire' where these topics could be discussed in peace?

so why isn't this topic in that forum? the members don't want the pet monkey to $hit there too?

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Can't help it, huh? Just gotta look. Then like a lib, ya just gotta piss.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
'public forum' is too complex for ya?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jump from tall building, pray to god to save you, answer forthcoming

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by carbon12
There you have it.

Narcissism, persecution complex and victimhood.

Classic Safariman.

A few more posts and off to the Free Classifieds.

Has more of a Raisuli stink to me, but I don't recall if his any of his preaching had a religious bent.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does God exist?

Ask Him with a mind open to any answer.

A God incapable of tevealing Himself to an HONEST questioner would not be worthy of the title.

Yeah.......it really is that simple.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

so why isn't this topic in that forum? the members don't want the pet monkey to $hit there too?

I guess you didn't get the part about the answer being generally "no".

Why is there a question in the general forum about herbal and aliphatic medicine when some believe in it and others try to warn them about it? Because around a real campfire almost anything is discussed.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
and we are discussing right now. just because you or the OP don't like how this discussion is going doesn't mean it isn't a discussion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and we are discussing right now. just because you or the OP don't like how this discussion is going doesn't mean it isn't a discussion.

I don't know where you get some of your information. I couldn't care less "how this discussion is going". Like some of the other posters I find it interesting so many don't answer the original poster; they attack.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother. ....a mans enemies will be of his own
household.....(meaning, your relatives would prefer you to be acceptable to them and like them rather than as me). Whoever doesn't be a christian is not worthy of me.

Then Luke 9:26 Whosoever is ashamed of me .... (afraid of offending others?-afraid to repeat my words as they may make other uncomfortable and subsequently badmouth us christians?)

I tell you what, Neighbor, you go over to Saudi Arabia, find a street corner and carry on like you are doing here and this entire forum will applaud your bravery, and admire your conviction.

[but I can sorta picture God shaking his head and thinking;"idiot".]

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
^^^^LOL!

I don't know where you get some of your information. I couldn't care less "how this discussion is going". Like some of the other posters I find it interesting so many don't answer the original poster; they attack.

when the OP answers his own question in post number one, he ain't looking for answers. he's looking for affirmation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
^^^^LOL!

when the OP answers his own question in post number one, he ain't looking for answers. he's looking for affirmation.

Then why are you participating? blush

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
'open forum' too complex for you, too? let's use your campfire analogy. when you pick a topic to discuss on the campfire, don't bitch about who joins in.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There are only 2 choices: God exists or he does not exist. Can you rely on using only your head to decide?

Lets say that God does not exist. You have 2 choices. You can incorrectly have faith that he does or you can believe that he doesn't. So what if you're wrong? Believers will live a different life on earth then die. End of story. Non-believers will also die. End of their story, too. It's all the same in the end so the only difference is how you live.

Lets say that God (and Jesus) do exist. Again you have 2 choices but the outcomes are radically different this time. If you believe, when you die you will spend eternity in heaven with the Lord, a glorious place free of pain and sin. If you don't believe, you will be confronted with the Lord's judgement and an eternity in a lake of fire. Yes, the Bible does say exactly that.

Are you willing to put your eternal soul at risk because of your opinions? If you believe and are wrong, no big deal. If you don't believe and are wrong, there's no turning back. Your destiny is decided and the pain is terrible. You have the choice while you live.

So are you praying towards Mecca 5 times a day?
If not you can't get to paradise.
The Koran says that.

Or does a religion's rules only apply to to it's followers and no one else?
Islam, Bhuddism, Hinduism, Mormanism, JW's, all the rest...they have one thing in common - you have to work your way to heaven. Christianity stands alone. The Bible makes it very clear that you CANNOT work your way in. You get in by faith in Christ alone. Nothing else can do it. No amount of good works can get you there. The pope himself can't get there if he hasn't accepted the sacrifice of Jesus and placed his faith in Jesus for salvation.
All religions outside of Christianity are actually fairly interchangeable in that you're required to earn it. So, it's not a choice of one religion out of hundreds. There are only 2 choices, works or faith.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Huh?

Aren't you the one who was just asking why this isn't in another "members only" forum?

The open mindedness here seems to be lacking...

Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 1936M71, 2ndwind, 12344mag, 1234, 52 invisible), 1,708 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,041
Posts18,521,105
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.