Page 30 of 42 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 41 42
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by carbon12
[ The creator cannot murder His creation as it is His to do with as He chooses.

With your line of reasoning, an authentic atheist that aborts his/her fetus is not committing murder.

So are you saying all authentic atheists do not value human life in it's most vulnerable state?

Not at all. Just pointing out the weirdness in your concept of God.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The Bible is timeless, but not without growth and change.

That is the kind of double speak only worthy of Gus.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The Bible is timeless, but not without growth and change.

That is the kind of double speak only worthy of Gus.

i do think there are some communities possessed by GroupThink spread throughout the system now.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by curdog4570
For example, what would be the eternal fate of a soul that had committed the sin of cursing the Holy Spirit?

I believe that the "unpardonable sin" you are referring to is a lot more prevalent than is commonly held by Preachers.For instance:

Were I to SINCERELY take credit for something that I knew was the work of the Spirit, I would be guilty of that sin. It would be beyond God's ability to pardon, but not because of a lack of Mercy.

The Holy Spirit is the source of my Spiritual life. In the example I've given, I'd be just like a child holding his breath until he dies. A parent can't breathe for him.

Now what is the result of Spiritual Death? Not being willing to use words I can't comprehend [like eternal] puts me at a disadvantage but you deserve as truthful an answer as I can give.

Right now, you and I are like seatmates on a flight, so obviously our immediate destination is the same.... physical death. I know that I have a connecting flight to a final destination once we land. The ticket for that flight was arranged by the same source as this one, and I'm enjoying this flight, so I'm certain I'll like the next one as well.

You tell me that Los Angeles is as far as you're going.

grin

Not even close to an answer but I appreciate the sentiment.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Blasphemy is a far cry from "cursing" the Holy Spirit.

Is there a sin that cannot be forgiven?
Yes, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, is any sin that a person clings to by continually resisting the convicting power of the Holy Spirit. Keep in mind that there is not one specific sin that is unforgivable, such as lying, stealing or murder, but rather a perpetual hardening of the heart and willfully sinning against God and man (1 Timothy 4:2; Titus 1:15). In Acts 7:51 Stephen says the following to the Pharisees, "You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.” In a nutshell the unforgivable, or unpardonable, sin is any sin that a person doesn’t want to give up, confess, or even ask forgiveness for and additionally doesn’t want to hear any more about it from the Holy Spirit.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

With your line of reasoning, an authentic atheist that aborts his/her fetus is not committing murder.

So are you saying all authentic atheists do not value human life in it's most vulnerable state?

Actually, you did, so there is no honesty in your responses. Just insult and hubris. I have better things to do than continue this further.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Actually, you did, so there is no honesty in your responses. Just insult and hubris. I have better things to do than continue this further.

I guess you missed the part of my sentence that said: "With your line of reasoning.....".

Blinded by irrationality?

If so, bowing out is your best move.

Thanks for playing.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yes, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, is any sin that a person clings to by continually resisting the convicting power of the Holy Spirit. Keep in mind that there is not one specific sin that is unforgivable, such as lying, stealing or murder, but rather a perpetual hardening of the heart and willfully sinning against God and man (1 Timothy 4:2; Titus 1:15). In Acts 7:51 Stephen says the following to the Pharisees, "You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.” In a nutshell the unforgivable, or unpardonable, sin is any sin that a person doesn’t want to give up, confess, or even ask forgiveness for and additionally doesn’t want to hear any more about it from the Holy Spirit.

I stand corrected.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

That has always been my take on it as well. The Holy Spirit is to lead and guide us,this ignoring and refusing becomes blasphemy. The sin that cannot be forgiven is the refusal to ask forgiveness.

We are not to take this however that each sin requires a plea of forgiveness.To do that places salvation in the ability of the one asking.I believe then that the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is more along the line of the refusal of the work of the Holy Spirit which is to dwell within the person,to become one with him. This is the union which takes care of all sins,past and future.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

O K...... You may not like the correct answer, either, but here it is:

I don't know, it doesn't apply to me.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

So, you are saying the unborn life that is aborted was named in the womd and made by the vessel that carries it. The bottle does not make the grapes that make the wine. Neither does the farmer make the wheat he harvests. He planted seed made by God and nurtured it.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Good answer.

Naturally, that would be expected from living the shackle free life.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

That has always been my take on it as well. The Holy Spirit is to lead and guide us,this ignoring and refusing becomes blasphemy. The sin that cannot be forgiven is the refusal to ask forgiveness.

We are not to take this however that each sin requires a plea of forgiveness.To do that places salvation in the ability of the one asking.I believe then that the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is more along the line of the refusal of the work of the Holy Spirit which is to dwell within the person,to become one with him. This is the union which takes care of all sins,past and future.

I may not remember it right, but it seems to me that this passage of scripture was sort of linked to the Jews claiming Jesus cast out demons by using a demonic spirit rather than the Holy Spirit.

That, coupled with pride being the reason given for Satan being cast out is why I view the deal the way I do....... Denying credit to the Spirit for works done by His power.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jaguartx

So, you are saying the unborn life that is aborted was named in the womd and made by the vessel that carries it. The bottle does not make the grapes that make the wine. Neither does the farmer make the wheat he harvests. He planted seed made by God and nurtured it.

Not at all.

I know reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Never has been.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Good answer.

Naturally, that would be expected from living the shackle free life.

With a bible in one hand and a Strong's Concordance in the other a man's mind doesn't have much exercise room.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Sorry Carbon, I did miss the word "not".

I stand corrected.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I may not remember it right, but it seems to me that this passage of scripture was sort of linked to the Jews claiming Jesus cast out demons by using a demonic spirit rather than the Holy Spirit.

That, coupled with pride being the reason given for Satan being cast out is why I view the deal the way I do....... Denying credit to the Spirit for works done by His power.

Yes,you are correct about the passage. We could also conclude though that the Pharisees were doing everything possible to keep denying Jesus, even in the face of personally witnessing his works. Along this line of reasoning, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit could easily be the denying of Christ as savior.

I'm not really arguing it emphatically. I'm going more so by what I know of God personally and the measure of his mercy.By that evaluation it seems to me that there wouldn't be a situation where a man honestly sought forgiveness but it was denied because he said the wrong thing at some time in his life. As you have sometimes moved from a strict traditional interruption of scripture based on your heart knowledge of God,so have I here. It is really one of those things that could be argued several different ways depending on your view.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 09/19/16.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
As you have sometimes moved from a strict traditional interruption of scripture based on your heart knowledge of God,so have I here.

Slippery slope but the ride is most likely worth while

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Along this line of reasoning, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit could easily be the denying of Christ as savior.

Yours actually is a broader, and better, definition I think.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As you have sometimes moved from a strict traditional interruption of scripture based on your heart knowledge of God,so have I here.

Slippery slope but the ride is most likely worth while

Nope...... it is the bedrock of faith.

Christianity, unlike science, does not rest on peer review.

Page 30 of 42 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

452 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,005 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,089
Posts18,521,980
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.