Hop To
Page 31 of 42 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 41 42
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Along this line of reasoning, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit could easily be the denying of Christ as savior.

Yours actually is a broader, and better, definition I think.

Or the existence of the God who created us and the creation?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
As you have sometimes moved from a strict traditional interruption of scripture based on your heart knowledge of God,so have I here.

Slippery slope but the ride is most likely worth while

Yes,I agree with slippery. I do not really want to depart from the scriptures. I think that's where people get into the really weird stuff like new lost books of the Bible and false religions.

I try my best to look at all the scriptures,find a way to interpret that doesn't favor one and ignore the rest,all the while asking God to lead me and using my personal knowledge of him to come to an interpretation where all these things can be in harmony. I have never had this method not work, even if I had to study Greek and Hebrew words enough to veer slightly from the English translation.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 09/19/16.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Christianity, unlike science, does not rest on peer review.

Amen.

And it should follow that Science, unlike Christianity, does rest on peer (confirmation by independent study) review.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Christianity, unlike science, does not rest on peer review.

Amen.

And it should follow that Science, unlike Christianity, does rest on peer (confirmation by independent study) review.

Amen.

But a political agenda can corrupt both Science and Christian thought.

Science has no Higher Authority to appeal to.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Along this line of reasoning, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit could easily be the denying of Christ as savior.

It's the one I have settled on but as follows. I believe the Holy Spirit is constantly attempting to lead the unbeliever to the Lord. If we continue to deny the Spirit until we die, at that point blaspheme occurs, and judgement follows. Apart from that, God is full of Grace and desires that none should perish.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Or the existence of the God who created us and the creation?
In the same passage, Jesus said all things against the Father and and Son could be forgiven, so I would disagree. This shows how huge His Grace is.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RickyD
[ The creator cannot murder His creation as it is His to do with as He chooses.

With your line of reasoning, an authentic atheist that aborts his/her fetus is not committing murder.

So, you are saying the unborn life that is aborted was named in the womd and made by the vessel that carries it. The bottle does not make the grapes that make the wine. Neither does the farmer make the wheat he harvests. He planted seed made by God and nurtured it.

Not at all.

I know reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Never has been.

With 73 posts you claim to know his comprehension and that it has never been strong. Your hubris is showing again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

With your line of reasoning, an authentic atheist that aborts his/her fetus is not committing murder.

So, you are saying the unborn life that is aborted was named in the womd and made by the vessel that carries it. The bottle does not make the grapes that make the wine. Neither does the farmer make the wheat he harvests. He planted seed made by God and nurtured it.

Not at all.

With 73 posts you claim to know his comprehension and that it has never been strong. Your hubris is showing again.

Some things don't require in depth study to understand or recognize.

One can read here for as long as they like before registering and posting

You shouldn't make assumptions based on minimal evidence.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Not at all.

Did you not see his subsequent post where he stood corrected?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Your hubris is showing again.

Did you not see the post to RJRaider where I stood corrected?

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
As you have sometimes moved from a strict traditional interruption of scripture based on your heart knowledge of God,so have I here.

Yes,I agree with slippery. I do not really want to depart from the scriptures. I think that's where people get into the really weird stuff like new lost books of the Bible and false religions.

I try my best to look at all the scriptures,find a way to interpret that doesn't favor one and ignore the rest,all the while asking God to lead me and using my personal knowledge of him to come to an interpretation where all these things can be in harmony. I have never had this method not work, even if I had to study Greek and Hebrew words enough to veer slightly from the English translation.

i have sometimes wondered in my own layman's mind, why in the world did the designers and writers of the new testament choose to drag the contents of the old testament along too. especially if the bible is to be taken literally. which, of course it isn't, or at least there's noone that i know that is practicing a 100 percent literal interpretation of expectations and standards as established in the old testament. folks always told me the new testament was what counted. so why not chop the old testament loose, since it's an instrument of judaism.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Gus
.... there's noone that i know that is practicing a 100 percent literal interpretation of expectations and standards as established in the old testament.

Have you not met Ringman?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus
.... there's noone that i know that is practicing a 100 percent literal interpretation of expectations and standards as established in the old testament.

Have you not met Ringman?

well, ok then. one in 7 billion and one could be attempting to practice such a set of laws & requirements.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am truly amazed at some of the posting "Christians". They are posting about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and go off on a tangent to tell us what it is. Jesus was very specific about it. Read it right here.

Mark 3:28-30

"'Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin'— because they were saying, 'He (that is Jesus) has an unclean spirit.'"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Your hubris is showing again.

Did you not see the post to RJRaider where I stood corrected?
Did you see my comment on that?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ringman
I am truly amazed at some of the posting "Christians". They are posting about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and go off on a tangent to tell us what it is. Jesus was very specific about it. Read it right here.

"'Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin'— because they were saying, 'He (that is Jesus) has an unclean spirit.'"

not to get too deep into what is a clean vs. an un-clean spirit, but there's probably even more to it.

most modern day and olden day christians wants to deal in the mystical christ: birth, death, resurrection, working of miracles, etc. and that's good.

but jesus came here to be an example of a proper Teacher, no? it's his teachings that will save us, if we choose to apply them? that is, how to live peaceably in a diverse culture?

the Teachings of Jesus. what a concept. for it is well known that if we don't change our ways, well then we could all be at risk.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Gus

not to get too deep into what is a clean vs. an un-clean spirit, but there's probably even more to it.

most modern day and olden day christians wants to deal in the mystical christ: birth, death, resurrection, working of miracles, etc. and that's good.

but jesus came here to be an example of a proper Teacher, no? it's his teachings that will save us, if we choose to apply them? that is, how to live peaceably in a diverse culture?

the Teachings of Jesus. what a concept. for it is well known that if we don't change our ways, well then we could all be at risk.

Gus,I really need to address your understanding of what it takes to save us. No,the primary reason Jesus came was not to be a teacher,though he is, nor to be an example,though he is. The primary mission of Jesus was to be a sacrifice.

The teachings of Jesus will not save us. We could be saved without a single word from the Bible. Our changing the way we act or live does not save us, though those things will change when we are saved. Only one things saves us,accepting Jesus as our sacrifice.Our faith that Jesus paid the price of our sin debt, our complete reliance that it is the sacrifice that Jesus made for us and nothing else that will enable us to stand before God and be judged as righteous is the only thing that can save us.

That complete reliance on Jesus and him alone will change a man and humble him. From that change will spring good works and a desire to do what God wants us to do, but none of those good works or resisting of sin is worth a damn if a man is looking to himself and how he can impress God by how good he is.In such a case a man has placed his faith in himself rather than in Jesus. It is a terrible thing when a man trusts in what he can do to save himself,because it's nearly impossible to convince him otherwise.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Gus

i have sometimes wondered in my own layman's mind, why in the world did the designers and writers of the new testament choose to drag the contents of the old testament along too. especially if the bible is to be taken literally. which, of course it isn't, or at least there's noone that i know that is practicing a 100 percent literal interpretation of expectations and standards as established in the old testament. folks always told me the new testament was what counted. so why not chop the old testament loose, since it's an instrument of judaism.

The reason the OT is necessary is because it completes a person's understanding of what and who Jesus is. As in my previous post,if a man does not understand sacrifices for sin,then a man will not understand who Jesus is or what he came to accomplish.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus,I really need to address your understanding of what it takes to save us. No,the primary reason Jesus came was not to be a teacher,though he is, nor to be an example,though he is. The primary mission of Jesus was to be a sacrifice.

The teachings of Jesus will not save us. We could be saved without a single word from the Bible. Our changing the way we act or live does not save us, though those things will change when we are saved. Only one things saves us,accepting Jesus as our sacrifice.Our faith that Jesus paid the price of our sin debt, our complete reliance that it is the sacrifice that Jesus made for us and nothing else that will enable us to stand before God and be judged as righteous is the only thing that can save us.

That complete reliance on Jesus and him alone will change a man and humble him. From that change will spring good works and a desire to do what God wants us to do, but none of those good works or resisting of sin is worth a damn if a man is looking to himself and how he can impress God by how good he is.In such a case a man has placed his faith in himself rather than in Jesus. It is a terrible thing when a man trusts in what he can do to save himself,because it's nearly impossible to convince him otherwise.

i have run into your version of positional statements from pretty much day one. take the mystical side of the argument, and let the heathen take the remainder, or other side. not a bad place to begin. i like all of it, until that shoe no longer fit.

if the shoes you wear are comfortable, enjoy them, and buy replacement pairs of the same design, material and size. no problem from me, my friend.

there's 7 billion people down here on the Earth, and you know that from my constant harping on said fact. the only folks making a wave in the system are the muslims. and they are cold-hearted killers.

what has been preached for aeons are no longer making a scratch on the surface of what is happening down here on earth with us humans. if you want an example of one, you can look into my community as an example of one.

no offense my friend, but what y'all are selling ain't being bought by the rank & file. sorry to say, no offense intended whatsoever.

it's the belief systems are under pressure to change, to adjust, and to re-configure. i don't know that's a good thing, but it represents advancement of the human condition.

but, please don't allow me to destroy your faith. the next alternative available to you could even be worse than what you have now.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

The reason the OT is necessary is because it completes a person's understanding of what and who Jesus is. As in my previous post,if a man does not understand sacrifices for sin,then a man will not understand who Jesus is or what he came to accomplish.

ok, so it's a history lesson is that it? i know just a basic scratch across the surface of hebraic history. so, they're a part of us, but not so much, is that it? how about they once held the answer but got off tract, and ol YHWH sent his son jesus to reach out to the heathens and bring them back into line, but with a better understanding of what YHWH really meant? i mean, he didn't want to have to have anyone kilt did he?

Page 31 of 42 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

452 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,005 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,089
Posts18,521,980
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.