Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RickyD
That's not very Christian.....wait! grin

Heh heh, I saw what you did there. smile

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snyper
How can we find out if God exists?

You can't unless you die first.
Then it's too late to matter.

The most intelligent post you have ever made!!

Right on !!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by Snyper
How can we find out if God exists?

You can't unless you die first.
Then it's too late to matter.

The most intelligent post you have ever made!!

Right on !!

well, see even that is debatable. i'm speaking of the die first, and find out part of the post. don't know about any intelligence.

but, there are more than one religions, denominations, believers, etc. that do believe in fact the trajectory of a soul can be influenced, even after death of the physical body. but i don't want to confuse anyone as they practice their own particular cosmology.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
We will find out with certainty when we die. It would be a shame to miss out on the best free gift you were ever offered and regret it for eternity.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
how soon after death do we agree that our final destination is found out by our Soul, Spirit, whatever?

at 0 moment, 1 sec, one minute, one hour, one day, one week, one month, one year? we're talking Earth time here, just in case you might be wondering?

no time to pray between the last breath, and eternity? or is there? what if one or more of a group is praying for the departed soul?

i just trying to better understand how it all works, pretty much. sounds like there's some experts on here. it'd be good to hear what they have to say about the subject, so that we all could better understand.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
According to the Bible, one can know while they are living. No need to wait or speculate about after death.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
According to the Bible, one can know while they are living. No need to wait or speculate about after death.

i like that concept, belief, or option. in the real world, i have received different viewpoints. maybe they were wrong?

while souls are in play, then humans on the earth have input into their destination. i'm not sure that's true, but it might be?

why, how, or when did god divide the line of demarcation? what's the verses that support that, anyone know for sure?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
step off a high building, you will know quick enough Thomas

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
In the blink of an eye. When you become a christian, you enter into the kingdom of God, As previously reported you have become a saint in the Lords eyes. You have already faced the judgement if you are a christian. Your name is in the book of life. (Oh hell, did I just say that?)

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
a lot of folks down here on the Urthen needs a devel to help make things right. i mean a God, real & true, wouldn't do anything to hurt a human, would they? but a debil, why they'd bring leukemia, cancer, wrecks on the highway, falling out of tree stands, etc. etc.

God is the good guy, y'all. the debil not so much. thanks be to the debil to take care of the bad things that happens to humans, allowing the Real God to skate free.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx
In the blink of an eye. When you become a christian, you enter into the kingdom of God, As previously reported you have become a saint in the Lords eyes. You have already faced the judgement if you are a christian. Your name is in the book of life. (Oh hell, did I just say that?)

Please prove this.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
To proceed, i mean, to continue:

About 2600 years ago Ezekiel prophecied that the Jewish nation would be reborn in THE LATTER YEARS before the Messiah returned to judge a great enemy who would rise up against them. The wasteland would be restored from the sword of their previous destruction (by the Roman Empire). Ezekiel 38:8.
This prophecy came to pass in 1958.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/19/16.

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
what's the verses that support that, anyone know for sure?

"Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit." (1 John 4:13)

It is surprising to note that this phrase "hereby know" occurs eight times in the little epistle of 1 John. Each of these listed below is given as a means of both testing the genuineness of our professed faith in Christ and then of giving assurance and comfort to the true believer.

"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments" (1 John 2:3).

"But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him" (1 John 2:5).

"Hereby perceive |same Greek word as 'know'| we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren" (1 John 3:16).

"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him" (1 John 3:18-19).

"And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us" (1 John 3:24).

"Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God" (1 John 4:2).

"We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error" (1 John 4:6).

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Gus
a lot of folks down here on the Urthen needs a devel to help make things right. i mean a God, real & true, wouldn't do anything to hurt a human, would they? but a debil, why they'd bring leukemia, cancer, wrecks on the highway, falling out of tree stands, etc. etc.

God is the good guy, y'all. the debil not so much. thanks be to the debil to take care of the bad things that happens to humans, allowing the Real God to skate free.

No need to be condesending.

As Dr. Phil would say, "When one chooses an action, they also choose the consequences."

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Saints: only a partial list and of that, only from the new testament.

Acts 9:13, Acts 9:13, Acts 26:10, Romans 1:7, 1 Cor 1:2......i could go on.

Ok, OT: Psalm 106:16 (sanctified means saints)

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by Gus

No need to be condesending.

As Dr. Phil would say, "When one chooses an action, they also choose the consequences."

Gus gets a pass in my book because of his preface:"a lot of folks down here on the Urthen....".

"That ol'debil got into me" is still pretty prevalent in certain circles. They could be right.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I think the ol'debil gets blamed for a lot of things that aint completely his fault.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the ol'debil gets blamed for a lot of things that aint completely his fault.

In the parable of the seeds Satan is blamed only 25% of the time.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have no doubt that we are our own worst enimies.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by Bugger
...I've known the presence of God. I've also known the presence of angels. I have also felt the presence of evil...

Same here on all 3.

Preparing to fish one day, decades ago, I was drifting, alone in the cockpit of my then 38' sportfisher, when a whale surfaced within spitting distance. It seemed to hang there, suspended, just looking at me benevolently. For the first time in my life I felt truly connected to another living being. This was a long-lost brother I had never met. This creature was God and I was God, at the same time.

The moment seemed to last and last. And then the creature slowly sank out of sight. But I was left truly changed forever.

So you are a Pantheism?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 2five7, 66 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,076
Posts18,521,761
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.