A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Gus, when you accept Christ as your savior you enter into the Kingdom of God. You are a saint, according to the Bible.

ok, i accept that. the blue-eyed god, with tall ness, and blonde hair. physically, that's whom we are speaking of, right? i mean, God is manifested in our own image, right?

No sir,according to the flesh Jesus is a Jew. Likely Jesus had olive skin, dark hair and beard. God is not manifested in our image. Man is made in the image of God,not the other way around.

You presume your god created us, and not the other way around.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
You seem to have no understanding of the Christian faith at all. What you have is your own made up version of bits and pieces that you like. I'm sorry to say it is not a construct that will hold together under God's scrutiny.

On this subject, Gus's grasp of reality may exceed yours.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
What I see in the flood is the salvation of man.

That about that for a minute, and about just how twisted your morality has become.

You consider the deliberate murder of every person on the face of the earth, except 8, to be a good and just thing.

In the Bible, how many people did Satan actually kill?

How many did your god kill?

That's really interesting. First you state that God doesn't exist,while at the same time accusing him of murder. Your position is that the flood never happened,yet God is guilty of killing innocents because of it. If you want to argue your position from a fairy tale,you must at least not edit the fairy tail to fit your position.

You need to remember that the Bible,says that man had become evil to the extreme.Even in that God saved the just,and had the just man preach righteousness for 100 years to the scoffers.

Read my post again. I never said it happened, I just stated the unmoral implications of your interpretation of these events.

When asking who killed how many, I clear asked "according to the Bible", referencing a specific source for this claim.

Demonstrating the immorality of a specific work is in no way an endorsement of it's truth claims.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by carbon12

Adam's sin created a situation where it would be impossible for anyone to live without sin. It changed the nature of man to desire sin.

Why didn't God just change it back? He did in the only way possible without going back on his word.

Really? A God that spoke a universe into existence had only one way possible?

Are you implying that God's omnipotency has limitations?

Yes. He is just.

No,

He's not.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Do you imagine there has ever been a time when all those things were not readily found among all humans? Its another one of those prophecies that is so broad it becomes meaningless.

Only meaningless if you are trying to find fault. You see a prophecy unfulfilled. I see a warning of things to guard myself against.

Meaningless as a prophecy I mean. As a warning, sure. I look for fault in everything, it seems the only logical thing to do.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I guess you never studies how the cannon was put together. It resembled the peer review process, in the religious sense more than you realize.

There you go again.... responding as if I am defending the bible, WHEN YOU KNOW THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

That "peer review" that you claim I know little about is the primary reason the bible is NOT the foundation of my faith as it is for some.

I wish you would participate honestly or leave the conversation.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Adam's sin created a situation where it would be impossible for anyone to live without sin. It changed the nature of man to desire sin.

Why didn't God just change it back? He did in the only way possible without going back on his word.

Really? A God that spoke a universe into existence had only one way possible?

Are you implying that God's omnipotency has limitations?

Yes. He is just.

No,

He's not.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Everything takes on a different light if you really understand The Law,why it was given,and what it caused.

I'm not going to write a thesis here but I will give you a path to follow if you so choose. Look at how God treated man before the law. Learn why the law was given, what it accomplished,and how it changed God's relationship to man.To guide the quest I'll tell you that God never wanted to give the law and never gave it expecting that men should keep it.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You seem to have no understanding of the Christian faith at all. What you have is your own made up version of bits and pieces that you like. I'm sorry to say it is not a construct that will hold together under God's scrutiny.

On this subject, Gus's grasp of reality may exceed yours.

Only if the mother ship comes for us all.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 09/19/16.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by curdog4570

That "peer review" that you claim I know little about is the primary reason the bible is NOT the foundation of my faith as it is for some.

Some don't fully realize who the real drummers of the beat they march lock step to are.

Despite all the clues.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't believe Ive ever told you that I appreciate your style of posting, which is to respond to what is written, rather than delivering "canned responses" which requires no original thought on your part.

Antelope Sniper USED to respond honestly like that.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I don't believe Ive ever told you that I appreciate your style of posting, which is to respond to what is written, rather than delivering "canned responses" which requires no original thought on your part.

Thanks Bro.

We should get a room. blush

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Everything takes on a different light if you really understand The Law,why it was given,and what it caused.

I'm not going to write a thesis here but I will give you a path to follow if you so choose. Look at how God treated man before the law. Learn why the law was given, what it accomplished,and how it changed God's relationship to man.To guide the quest I'll tell you that God never wanted to give the law and never gave it expecting that men should keep it.

That's a perfect example of the bible describing a God much smaller than the God I know. I cannot accept a manipulative God as the Creator of the Universe.

The Jews, and many modern day Christians, believe a lot of contradictory things about God's nature. One example is the First Commandment. Like all the others, it is given for OUR benefit, not God's.

The idea that an omnipotent Creator could NEED something like Love, or Worship, from His creatures is offensive to common sense and insulting to God.

Apparently He created us with a NEED for a purpose higher than our own animal instincts or our own self-interest. Surrendering our will to His allows us to achieve that higher purpose which is manifested in helping our fellow creatures, thus complying with the Second Great Commandment given by Jesus.

The whole deal is not as complicated as the old Jews and lots of Christians make it out to be. In both groups, it's the elite - the Teachers, Priests, Prophets, and Preachers fearing unemployment - that have difficulty accepting the simplicity of Jesus's message.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks Bro.

We should get a room. blush

Being deemed superior to Antelope Sniper is NOT high praise.grin

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

That's a perfect example of the bible describing a God much smaller than the God I know. I cannot accept a manipulative God as the Creator of the Universe.

The Jews, and many modern day Christians, believe a lot of contradictory things about God's nature. One example is the First Commandment. Like all the others, it is given for OUR benefit, not God's.

The idea that an omnipotent Creator could NEED something like Love, or Worship, from His creatures is offensive to common sense and insulting to God.

Apparently He created us with a NEED for a purpose higher than our own animal instincts or our own self-interest. Surrendering our will to His allows us to achieve that higher purpose which is manifested in helping our fellow creatures, thus complying with the Second Great Commandment given by Jesus.

The whole deal is not as complicated as the old Jews and lots of Christians make it out to be. In both groups, it's the elite - the Teachers, Priests, Prophets, and Preachers fearing unemployment - that have difficulty accepting the simplicity of Jesus's message.

Not if you understand the whole of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have room for the illiterate brethren in my world view.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Me too,but that doesn't mean I have to be.

I never said the Bible was necessary for salvation. In fact I said in one post that it wasn't. That however does not mean that any Christian should just dismiss the Bible of any of it's teachings.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I never said the Bible was necessary for salvation. In fact I said in one post that it wasn't. That however does not mean that any Christian should just dismiss the Bible of any of it's teachings.

I actually don't hold any views that aren't supported by Scripture, but that's a far cry from believing that everything in ANY version of the bible is a direct revelation from God.

And I'd not suggest the bible as proof of anything.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I actually don't hold any views that aren't supported by Scripture, but that's a far cry from believing that everything in ANY version of the bible is a direct revelation from God.

And I'd not suggest the bible as proof of anything.

I don't hold any of that against you. I just have a little different take on things.

I actually see the Bible as being inspired. What I don't think is inspired is what many people have taken those scriptures to mean. You know as well as I that scripture can be twisted in all sorts of directions. One of the very worst things possible is to have a "little" knowledge of scripture. Even if a person knew every verse yet had no personal relationship with Jesus,their understanding would be twisted. Even so there is great benefit in knowing the Bible so I don't want to ever imply that knowledge of scripture is unimportant.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

...believing that everything in ANY version of the bible is a direct revelation from God.

I don't believe I've ever met anyone who believed that, nor am I aware of any churches that hold that as official dogma.

Ps- I bed your pardon; I read that "any" incorrectly sorry... I read it to mean any version (including translations) not ANY version... caps for emphasis mean a lot there...

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by efw

...believing that everything in ANY version of the bible is a direct revelation from God.

I don't believe I've ever met anyone who believed that, nor am I aware of any churches that hold that as official dogma.

Ps- I bed your pardon; I read that "any" incorrectly sorry... I read it to mean any version (including translations) not ANY version... caps for emphasis mean a lot there...

it's easy to see that the humor and dry wit lives on.

and Antelope Sniper is probably an undercover Christian Theologian from the faculty of some august divinity school, helping to sharpen iron against iron.

that is, he knows every argument on both sides of the issue, with the strengths and weaknesses related to each argument. he is simply providing a sparring partner to help get the rank & file up to speed, and in fighting shape. at least that thought has crossed the corner of my mind several different times now.

Page 33 of 42 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

450 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,011 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,088
Posts18,521,967
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.