J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Seriously, I find the incredible complexity and vastness of the universe, in the face of man's utter inability to create anything, from nothing, very compelling. just saying.

This is called the argument from personal incredulity, argument from lack of imagination, or argumentum ad ignorantiam.

Just because you can't imagine something doesn't mean it is false, it just mean you lack imagination.

And for what is imagination conclusive? For nothing.

You've got nothing. Only a vast chasm of nothing. You're position is always the argument from nothing. It seems rather, um, er void. One cannot even assert it contains any truth, only nothing. You have no compelling argument for the non existence of God. There isn't one. You only bring a giant sucking vacuum to the table.

I'll, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, hang my hat on hope. And while arguments from design and prime movers are not deductively conclusive, neither are they irrational. What you need to be called on with greater frequency, is that you have zero conclusive argument that proves the converse. inconclusiveness is not evidence for the converse. I will admit that you drive it for a lot of mileage, though.

You are right. They have nothing.
What are the odds of any of the multitude of any of the biblical prophecies occurring? Would you say 1 of 100,000?
Its easy to find 20 hugely improbable prophecies.
Some predicted the crucifixion of Jesus a thousand years before his birth. Even a thousand years before crucifixion was invented.
So what are the cumulative odds of so many improbable events occuring in one book.

These prophecies are proven to have occurred by history and archeology.
Just 20x10,000x10,000x10,000x10,000x10,000 times comes to about 2,000,000,000,000,000,000.

So, it could be said that the odds off all those prophecies coming to pass by pure luck, or bad luck (depending on if you dont believe) is odds not even Issac's game picker can approach, especially with his help.

AS has a guess and the odds the bible's message is true is astronomically high.

Sleep well tonight Toad, and quit screeching like a cat tied under a rocker. Some may think you uncomfortable, like a pharasee in the presence of Jesus.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
you are a douche.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by pal
...So you are a Pantheism?

I tolerate people from all religions. And believe each of us should be free to worship as he chooses. I would never assume that my own religious or spiritual beliefs should be imposed on others.

Pal,

A Pantheist basically believes we and the universe are one. We, the Universe, and all things in it at some level, are connected. The Pantheist definition of God is perhaps the most defendable, so I by no means intended the pantheist label as a pejorative.

We are made of the most common elements in the Universe, and when we die, those elements return to the Universe...

Does this mean your children are no more important, in the great scheme of things, than a super nova?

Without stars going supernova and in the process creating all elements heavier than iron, neither my children, nor any other human would exist.

My children are important to me, but how important are they to the potential inhabitants of the Andromeda Galaxy?

Over the course of the 13.82 billion years of the existence of this universe, how many civilization have risen, fallen as their planet turned red giant, or obliterated as near by star went Super Nova? To the inhabitants of any worlds destroyed in that manner, the supernova was a pretty significant event.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
antelope_sniper,

And when did Nebuchadnezzar destroy Tyre?

Oh, that's right....that prophecy failed...

Tyre was destroyed and the debris from the city was thrown in the sea. According to the prophecy. It has never been rebuilt. According to the prophecy.

Yes,

And Google Earth says otherwise.....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Seriously, I find the incredible complexity and vastness of the universe, in the face of man's utter inability to create anything, from nothing, very compelling. just saying.

This is called the argument from personal incredulity, argument from lack of imagination, or argumentum ad ignorantiam.

Just because you can't imagine something doesn't mean it is false, it just mean you lack imagination.

And for what is imagination conclusive? For nothing.

You've got nothing. Only a vast chasm of nothing. You're position is always the argument from nothing. It seems rather, um, er void. One cannot even assert it contains any truth, only nothing. You have no compelling argument for the non existence of God. There isn't one. You only bring a giant sucking vacuum to the table.

I'll, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, hang my hat on hope. And while arguments from design and prime movers are not deductively conclusive, neither are they irrational. What you need to be called on with greater frequency, is that you have zero conclusive argument that proves the converse. inconclusiveness is not evidence for the converse. I will admit that you drive it for a lot of mileage, though.

The burden of proof is upon the one making the positive claim, and hope is not a strategy.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I wouldn't be asking that too seriously. He'll show up soon enough to put an end to all this foolishness. Besides, I want to get in one more trip to Alaska.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Try praying!

Maybe you'll have an awakening!!

I did and I did.

I agree its clear that we can not physically prove He exists (because He doesn't want those with no faith in His word, Jesus, to get on board).

It seems the open-minded who are willing to objectively examine the many miraculous fullfilments of Bible prophecy can reach a point of empiracle proof to the point of beyond the shadow of doubt.

The closeminded are not willing to examine the possibilities any more than nwa is able to objectively determine that letting a bunch of criminal aliens be released back into our population is not beneficial to our country or that progressives are working to destroy the 2A.
The "convinced" are not mentally capable of escaping their lack of knowledge because its simpler to avoid mental scrutiny. They are lost.

The purpose of the thread was to enlighten those who are realizing their life is missing something, and to reaquaint belivers with truths of history that are aligned with Bible prophecy. Thanks, jag

And when did Nebuchadnezzar destroy Tyre?

Oh, that's right....that prophecy failed...

AS continues his assault on Jesus and His Word. Nothing new here and folks I can tell you that Jesus can deal with it.

Anyway, as usual, AS is flat out wrong in his comment about the prophecy against Tyre not being fulfilled. If one is interested, it is good entertainment to read of the intellectual contortions the atheists go through to malign this prophecy. One of these jokers stated that since Tyre exists today, the prophecy could not have been true. This zealous dimwit proposes that Ezekiel prophesied against the “geography” and does not see that the prophecy is clearly against the city-state and evil leaders of Tyre. Tyre was ruined because of the evil it perpetrated.

AS is a blind guide who only leads those that are unknowing and ill informed. He sits in the dark and does not know it.

So, did Ezekiel prophesy that Tyre the nation state and rulers would be destroyed? Yes and it was so.

Did he prophesy that many nations would come against Tyre? Yes and it was so.

Did he prophesy that Nebuchanezzar would come and ravage the mainlands? Yes and it was so.

Did he prophesy that it would become “bare rock” and a place to spread fishnets? Yes and it was so.

Now did the place eventually become inhabited again? Of course, Ezekiel did not prophesy against the real estate, he prophesied against the evil city and it was indeed forever ruined and never to return. Great Tyre is no more, never to be rebuilt. Prophecy fulfilled

It is also very interesting to look at Ezekiel 28. This is a prophecy against the King of Tyre. Ezekiel says: “In the pride of your heart you say, “I am a god, I sit on the throne of a god in the heart of the seas.” But you are a man and not a god, though you think you are as wise as a god.”

Btw,

I note that AS stated : “And when did Nebuchadnezzar destroy Tyre? Oh, that’s right…. That prophecy failed…”

He states this as if it is true and the uniformed may take it that he is correct in this. This is another contortion. Ezekiel says that Neb will ravage the mainlands which were the settlements and city on the coast, not on the island. He did so and history tells us he gained the surrender of the princes and leaders and did in fact plunder. The great “tear down” was under Alexander where he razed the place.

AS and others practice what it called “eisegesis.” He reads something and pours HIS OWN meaning into and then tries to knock it down with some contorted argument. Exactly what he is doing here.

Here is what Ezekiel says:

In the eleventh month of the twelftha year, on the first day of the month, the word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, because Tyre has said of Jerusalem, ‘Aha! The gate to the nations is broken, and its doors have swung open to me; now that she lies in ruins I will prosper,’ therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Tyre, and I will bring many nations against you, like the sea casting up its waves. They will destroy the walls of Tyre and pull down her towers; I will scrape away her rubble and make her a bare rock. Out in the sea she will become a place to spread fishnets, for I have spoken, declares the Sovereign Lord. She will become plunder for the nations, and her settlements on the mainland will be ravaged by the sword. Then they will know that I am the Lord.

Did it happen? Yes

Unlike Ringman, you are dishonest in your reading of the words on the paper.

Here God explicitly states that Nebuchadnezzar would completely sack and destroy the city of Tyre and that Tyre's land would never be built upon again. However, this never occurred. After a 13-year siege, Tyre compromised with Nebuchadnezzar[wp] and accepted his authority without being destroyed. Despite being conquered and razed by Alexander the Great 240 years later,[2] Tyre still exists today.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Again, Isaiah predicted 200 yrs before the fact that a king named Cyrus would release the Jewish to return to the land of their ancestors and rebuild their Holy Temple. Isaiah 44:28-45:4.

200 years later King Cyrus of Persia granted favor to the Jewish captives left over from Bablyon to do so along with a requisition for materials to rebuild the city. Ezra 1:1-11.

What are the odds? Astronomical!

Isaiah wasn't brought together in it's current form until around 70BC, after the events "philosophized".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

Since I brought this line up, and you cooperated with my question, maybe you would tell us where the first star came from.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
" How can we find out if God exists?"

Step outside....

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Google earth?

You seem to one of the contortionists I referred to.

Great Tyre, the city-state was completely destroyed but you "contort" and say since there are buildings there the prophecy fails?

You are so wrong here.

You really have no idea of what you are talking about. You are blinded in your anti-God zeal.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
antelope_sniper,

Since I brought this line up, and you cooperated with my question, maybe you would tell us where the first star came from.

Read a science book, written by real scientist.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TF49
Google earth?

You seem to one of the contortionists I referred to.

Great Tyre, the city-state was completely destroyed but you "contort" and say since there are buildings there the prophecy fails?

You are so wrong here.

You really have no idea of what you are talking about. You are blinded in your anti-God zeal.

Yep, the island Tyre was on has sunk into the ocean, forming a shallow reef.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by toad
you are a douche.

Coming from you, that would have to be taken as a compliment.

Keep squalling. There will be a great gnashing of teeth. whistle

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/21/16.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
yep. douche is a compliment.

and you are the biggest douche on the 'fire. laffin'

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Because of Him, I will laugh too.

He who laughs last, ....

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If we scratched up a few bucks,...and offered em', just to see you STFU, go AWAY....

....would you ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Yes, but cross, you aint got tha down payment.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

Read a science book, written by real scientist.

I didn't think you would have an answer.

I did read a science book; in fact many. You won't believe what the first one said. It said the first star came into being from the explosion of a near by star! Well then where did that star come from. So I read another. It didn't know where the first star came from much less the second and third generation stars. I remember one evolutionist wrote if the Big Bang did happen the heavens should not be "lumpy". That is the word he used. In the context he was talking about galaxies. He suggested the entire universe should contain a homogenized assortment of subatomic matter and anti-matter.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (10Glocks, Akhutr, 35, 300_savage, 14idaho, 8 invisible), 960 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,411
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.