Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Server not found.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There's 3 more blacks that after unemployment runs out will be on welfare.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A friend of the family posted an item about the incident on Facebook and it wasn’t long before the Walmart store manager called the police officer’s wife and daughter — and apologized.

“He said he was so sorry,” the daughter told me. “He offered to make the cake free of charge and he gave me a $50 gift card.”

A Walmart corporate spokesperson confirmed most of the story.

“Our goal is to always take care of customers,” the spokesperson told me. “But, sometimes we misstep.We’re glad we were able to connect with the family to apologize and make this right.”

Walmart did not say if one of their associates called the cake racist.

http://www.toddstarnes.com/column/walmart-workers-refuse-to-make-cops-retirement-cake

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A friend of the family posted an item about the incident on Facebook and it wasn’t long before the Walmart store manager called the police officer’s wife and daughter — and apologized.

“He said he was so sorry,” the daughter told me. “He offered to make the cake free of charge and he gave me a $50 gift card.”

A Walmart corporate spokesperson confirmed most of the story.

So, tell me why we should boycott Walmart again. Lots of people seem to hate Walmart for lots of reasons, most not valid. They are good at what they do, but I see lots of ways a person could do it better and take a market share or two away from them, if they wanted to do something besides gripe. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I tend to think for myself
Not going to boycott

I am one gun away from happy
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i stay away from walmart anyway.

pulling guns off the shelves for no reason was enough for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Explain. Some here sell guns, some don't. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The USA with 350 million people has a tiny, tiny percentage of folks that give gunowners a bad name. Walmart has a tiny, tiny percentage of its 2 million employees that make stupid decisions.
Seems you could find a better reason to boycott them, if that's your decision, than the referenced issue.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Walmart backs Hillary Clinton.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Used to know a lady who was a Wal Mart stockholder, back when Bill Clinton was in office, She said Hillary was on their board of directors at a very generous salary, although company records did not show her ever attending any board meetings or otherwise taking an active role. Her speculation was that this started when Bill was governor, and was just a business decision to buy off the wife of the governor of the state where your corporate headquarters was located.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Let's see if I have this right. Some folks here want us all to boycott Walmart, and Target, and Sears, and Wendy's, and Chick-Fil-A, and Outback Steakhouse, and Levi's, and Chevy, and Ford, and Smith & Wesson, and Ruger, and...

So tell me, where do you guys buy anything?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I personally have never been inside a Walmart store, Nor will I ever go into a Walmart store. What is there saying, live better buy Walmart, they pay their employees [bleep] put them on a 35 hour work week no benefits, help them get government assistance, food stamps. Treat them like garbage, I knew a person that was a manager for them for a short time. Yet the Waltons are filthy rich.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Let's see if I have this right. Some folks here want us all to boycott Walmart, and Target, and Sears, and Wendy's, and Chick-Fil-A, and Outback Steakhouse, and Levi's, and Chevy, and Ford, and Smith & Wesson, and Ruger, and...

Exactly

I am one gun away from happy
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah, because a police themed cake is racist.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BamBam
I personally have never been inside a Walmart store, Nor will I ever go into a Walmart store. What is there saying, live better buy Walmart, they pay their employees [bleep] put them on a 35 hour work week no benefits, help them get government assistance, food stamps. Treat them like garbage, I knew a person that was a manager for them for a short time. Yet the Waltons are filthy rich.

Seems the employees can choose to work elsewhere, no?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by milespatton

Explain. Some here sell guns, some don't. miles

The Walmart stores that sold firearms stopped stocking "assault" type guns in late August of last year but continued to sell conventional sporting type guns. Their claim as to why was because sales of that style guns had dropped significantly.

To my knowledge Walmart stopped selling handguns a good many years ago.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Bradfords. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by EdM

Some Can and they leave and some can't unfortunately. We are all not in jobs that we adore and love.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM

Some Can and they leave and some can't unfortunately. We are all not in jobs that we adore and love.

You/they have made a choice, plain and simple.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,385 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,397
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.