Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by BamBam
I personally have never been inside a Walmart store, Nor will I ever go into a Walmart store. What is there saying, live better buy Walmart, they pay their employees [bleep] put them on a 35 hour work week no benefits, help them get government assistance, food stamps. Treat them like garbage, I knew a person that was a manager for them for a short time. Yet the Waltons are filthy rich.

Yup. Dollar General may actually be worse.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I personally have never been inside a Walmart store, Nor will I ever go into a Walmart store. What is there saying, live better buy Walmart, they pay their employees [bleep] put them on a 35 hour work week no benefits, help them get government assistance, food stamps. Treat them like garbage, I knew a person that was a manager for them for a short time. Yet the Waltons are filthy rich.
So many inaccuracies here. Typical of those that don't take the time to check the facts.
#1 The motto is Save Money, Live Better.
#2 Wal-Mart's wages are competitive with the other big box retailers. If they weren't, people wouldn't work there.
#3 35 hours a week is considered full time and qualifies an associate for all benefits, including insurance.

Yes, the Waltons are very wealthy. So is Bill Gates, Donald Trump, the Busch's and many others that have worked hard for their money.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

Seems the employees can choose to work elsewhere, no?

Some Can and they leave and some can't unfortunately. We are all not in jobs that we adore and love.
So you're saying they are forced to stay there? Really?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gophergunner
So many inaccuracies here. Typical of those that don't take the time to check the facts.
#2 Wal-Mart's wages are competitive with the other big box retailers. If they weren't, people wouldn't work there.
#3 35 hours a week is considered full time and qualifies an associate for all benefits, including insurance.

Yes, the Waltons are very wealthy. So is Bill Gates, Donald Trump, the Busch's and many others that have worked hard for their money.

I was off on the Motto stand corrected. And that should've said a 34 hour workweek not 35 here's an interesting Link.pay me better and I'll take care living better.they can afford it.

http://www.demos.org/publication/despite-raise-walmart-wages-schedules-still-aren%E2%80%99t-livable

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Proud democrat and union supporter right?

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I was off on the Motto stand corrected. And that should've said a 34 hour workweek not 35 here's an interesting Link.pay me better and I'll take care living better.they can afford it.

http://www.demos.org/publication/despite-raise-walmart-wages-schedules-still-aren%E2%80%99t-livable

The organization your link leads to is interesting as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demos_(U.S._think_tank)

Leadership[edit]
Amelia Warren Tyagi, daughter of Elizabeth Warren, is Board Chair and Heather McGhee is president.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No I'm not a Democrat I am a Republican and I am very proud union member. Operating engineers local 15 New York City.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Plumbers local 68. Fug Walmart

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have trouble with Union members trying to bitch about how anybody runs their business. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When one of my sons and a couple of buddies were caught "shoplifting" a few things at Walmart one night a couple of years ago, I was steamed........ at my son. But when Walmart extorted me to the tune of 500% of the value of stuff they had with them - only a fraction of which they had taken from the store- I paid it to avoid protracted legal adventures. And having willingly done that, they then attempted to further their profit-making foray at my expense for trying to get another 1000%.

I have no use for a business which makes their own bad behavior overshadow that of my own offspring. It's pretty hard to try to tell your own kid how wrong they were in their actions when they see stuff like that.

After I delivered a letter to the local manager in person, a copy of the letter I also sent to their legal team nearly two years ago, I haven't darkened the doors of any Walmart store. They can piss off.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
pay me better and I'll take care living better.they can afford it.

This schit always cracks me up. I'm sure there are lots around who fell you make too much and should give them some.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by milespatton
I have trouble with Union members trying to bitch about how anybody runs their business. miles

^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Let's see if I have this right. Some folks here want us all to boycott Walmart, and Target, and Sears, and Wendy's, and Chick-Fil-A, and Outback Steakhouse, and Levi's, and Chevy, and Ford, and Smith & Wesson, and Ruger, and...

So tell me, where do you guys buy anything?

Quantas.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

They didn't get rich by losing money...how many layoffs have they had the last eight years? You do realize that when they raise their operating cost because of govt. mandated health coverage the cost of staying in business goes up right? When they raise wages, their cost for unemployment taxes and workers comp goes up right? When their costs go up, who are the costs passed on to? You got to remember too, that nowadays, a lot of people really trying to save money shop for a lot of stuff on-line. If Walmart were to go tits up, it would put a whole schittload of people out of work...Hey, I got a GREAT idea!!! Let's raise their corporate taxes another 50% and see how well THAT works out...Maybe Al Gore or Hillary can get the green police on them and start taxing them for all the carbon based emissions their customers are emitting???

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No I'm not a Democrat I am a Republican and I am very proud union member. Operating engineers local 15 New York City.

Hell of a dung heap to be proud of...

http://www.iuoe.org/about-iuoe/iuoe-legislative-and-political-affairs/2016-election

2016 Election

OPERATING ENGINEERS ENDORSE HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT
“It’s time to put more Americans to work modernizing our infrastructure, from rebuilding roads and bridges to repairing leaky pipelines to upgrading our water systems,” Secretary Clinton said in a statement after receiving the IUOE endorsement.
“As President, I will fight to increase investment in our infrastructure and to protect the prevailing wage standards and project labor agreements that ensure construction careers open the door to a middle-class life. I'm proud to have the Operating Engineers as partners in this important work.”
Read the October 28 press release here.

HILLARY CLINTON’S INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN: BUILDING TOMORROW’S ECONOMY TODAY. READ THE FULL BRIEFING HERE.
OPERATING ENGINEERS SEE PROGRESS IN CLINTON INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN. READ THE PRESS RELEASE HERE.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Let's see if I have this right. Some folks here want us all to boycott Walmart, and Target, and Sears, and Wendy's, and Chick-Fil-A, and Outback Steakhouse, and Levi's, and Chevy, and Ford, and Smith & Wesson, and Ruger, and...

So tell me, where do you guys buy anything?

LMAO! Exactly and don't forget about Heinz, Campbells, Bertolli and about 50 others this site has declared a boycott on. You can't shop, entertain or eat anything. Just stay at home and breath. crazy

Oh yeah and the NFL and any sports venue that does not think or act the same as you.

Guess that would also include anything in .270. In fact, don't even drive on I-270!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Walmart makes cakes?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

30 hours is considered full time now for health insurance.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RufusG
Walmart makes cakes?
Yep. The ones in Des Moines have a good bakery, considering.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It's OK to boycott boycotts. Right now they're just a suggestion.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

169 members (338rcm, 204guy, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 23 invisible), 1,948 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,045
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.