-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Power hungry control people should be charged when they pass illegal law, just like folks that break the law.

Montana Code Annotated 2015
Clickable Image

45-8-351. Restriction on local government regulation of firearms. (1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a county, city, town, consolidated local government, or other local government unit may not prohibit, register, tax, license, or regulate the purchase, sale or other transfer (including delay in purchase, sale, or other transfer), ownership, possession, transportation, use, or unconcealed carrying of any weapon, including a rifle, shotgun, handgun, or concealed handgun.
(2) (a) For public safety purposes, a city or town may regulate the discharge of rifles, shotguns, and handguns. A county, city, town, consolidated local government, or other local government unit has power to prevent and suppress the carrying of concealed or unconcealed weapons to a public assembly, publicly owned building, park under its jurisdiction, or school, and the possession of firearms by convicted felons, adjudicated mental incompetents, illegal aliens, and minors.
(b) Nothing contained in this section allows any government to prohibit the legitimate display of firearms at shows or other public occasions by collectors and others or to prohibit the legitimate transportation of firearms through any jurisdiction, whether in airports or otherwise.
(c) A local ordinance enacted pursuant to this section may not prohibit a legislative security officer who has been issued a concealed weapon permit from carrying a concealed weapon in the state capitol as provided in 45-8-317.

History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 589, L. 1985; amd. Sec. 11, Ch. 759, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 384, L. 2011.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Missoula city council "feels" it's the thought
that counts.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Missoula, only 20 miles from Montana!

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
City boundaries are also important for gun owners to keep in mind. If you're a gun owner within city limits and want to sell your gun, you'd have to get a background check on your potential buyer. However, outside of city boundaries, but within the county, the ordinance would no longer apply.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Greyghost
In most cases local laws can require more than state laws, just not less... apparently the new law doesn't say that it is disallowing private sells, just that a background check is required. I'd think that unless state law specifically states that private sells can be made without a background check, resident's are just plain [bleep]-out-of-luck... you could probably sue stating that it is some kind of infringement, but don't think that would go anywhere, unlike city's that tried to ban sells!

Phil

Yeah but in this case it doesn't hold water, plus we will tell them to just GFY.

You need to get out of Kalifornia.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love Alaska, here is some selected text from Alaska House Bill HB69 that was passed in 2013:

FINDINGS. The legislature finds that:
(1) a statute, regulation, rule, or order that has the purpose, intent, or effect of confiscating any firearm, banning any firearm, limiting the size of a magazine for any firearm, imposing any limit on the ammunition that may be purchased for any firearm, or requiring the registration of any firearm or its ammunition infringes on an Alaskan's right to bear arms violation of the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and, therefore, is not made in accordance with the Constitution of the United States, is not authorized by the Constitution of the United States, is not the supreme law of the land, and, consequently, is invalid in this state and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state;

Eat moose, burn spruce
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Alaska is the greatest state in the nation with no close second.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Amen to that.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
50 years ago, Missoula was a nice college town with a true western attitude, and well-located for climate. 30 years ago it looked like the pod of bad seed that would bring social corruption to the Bitteroot Valley. The power people at the base got what they wanted and the corruption has backed up and up that lovely valley ever since.

I love Montana - but not that aspect.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Greyghost
In most cases local laws can require more than state laws, just not less... apparently the new law doesn't say that it is disallowing private sells, just that a background check is required. I'd think that unless state law specifically states that private sells can be made without a background check, resident's are just plain [bleep]-out-of-luck... you could probably sue stating that it is some kind of infringement, but don't think that would go anywhere, unlike city's that tried to ban sells!

Phil

So often wrong but never in doubt.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Seattle passed no carry in city parks. It got ruled down because of the pr-emption clause. They can't make illegal what is legal in the rest of the state. Of course since then they passed I-594 which does the background check on all private sales as well as some other draconian crap. This year we get to vote on an initiative that will allow anyone to call you crazy to the authorities and they can take your guns. No due process whatsoever.

If liberals knew what they were missing, they�d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! � James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What??.... You own a GUN???..... You must be NUTS!!!!....That's the thought process of a lot of those asswipes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is this where we get on the fire and rail on the conservative posters from Montana for the actions of the liberals? That's how it goes right?

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't think you'll find one self respecting Montanan(anywhere) that is in support of Missoula politics.

Their liberal mentality will no doubt eventually ruin Montana but hopefully I'll be too old to give a chit.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have been stopping in Missoula since 1972.
It has changed a lot with people moving in from out of state.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I have been stopping in Missoula since 1972.
It has changed a lot with people moving in from out of state.

Out of state liberal transplant because of the University make it a special place, really no one in Missoula or outside will bide by the law. It's just liberal pandering by window lickers. I think Missoula also has the highest taxes in the state, and the most regulation. It's the the a vortex of idiots.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
5 years ago I stopped at a truck stop in Bonner just outside Missoula.
3 proffesors asked me if they could borrow a gas can from my boat to rescue one of their cars that would not start.
When they came back still without the car, I asked about the car. "Does the engine turn over fast, slowly, or not at all?"
They just looked at me. I told them there was a Cheech and Chong bit from 1970 where the engine spins fast "rRrRrRrRr" and Cheech yells, "Cool it man! Any idiot can see the battery is dead!"
The woman professor laughed, but the two men proffesors just stared at me blankly.
I asked what the men taught at the University in Missoula [guessing in my mind it was NOT engineering], and was told "Middle Eastern culture"

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Not much damn reason to go to that side of the state.

Even less now.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Love all the comments about Missoula from those that do not live in Missoula. It is very easy to live in Missoula and completely avoid the liberal and hippie crap.

Chief of Police was on the evening news and said the ordnance would only be enforced when a complaint is filed. Not worried.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I did not say I was never going back. My sister lives there.
I just said there was less reason now.

I hate big cities, chain saw bears, huckleberry everything and expensive coffee.

It's best I stay away.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

450 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,007 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,088
Posts18,521,967
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.