Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 42 43
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It occurs to me from my participation in a number of different forums that Americans love to express their rage for bicyclists on the road. I am a bicyclist. It's one of my many passions. So give me your best shot. In the end we may all learn something.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Other than the hilarous "aero" helmets and silky shorties, I don't mind 'em a bit. Interesting how fast they move out of the way when being overtaken by a 35 ton CLAAS 940 chopper with an 8-row corn head mounted in front.. laugh

I think they're more of a pita in the city than on any country road; if for no other reason than they rarely obey any street signs (stop, yield, etc) in larger cities..

YMMV..

Ride safe, Paul..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Being mostly urbanite, they invade our rural areas on the weekends. Pretty humble and easy to work when they are just a few. The bigger groups get more arrogant and indignant. With the hills and curves in our roads they are quite often a hazard.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
So give me your best shot. In the end we may all learn something.

ok

when you are riding in a group, and a woman is in front of you, are you watching her butt?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
It occurs to me from my participation in a number of different forums that Americans love to express their rage for bicyclists on the road. I am a bicyclist. It's one of my many passions. So give me your best shot. In the end we may all learn something.

Saturday, about 200 of those two wheeled azzholes in garish and colorful spandex, blocked most of Biscayne Blvd up around 163rd Street. Far from the first time either.
That is the main reason I dislike bike jockeys.

Sam......

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Being mostly urbanite, they invade our rural areas on the weekends. Pretty humble and easy to work when they are just a few. The bigger groups get more arrogant and indignant. With the hills and curves in our roads they are quite often a hazard.

X2. In our area we get a lot of them on weekends up from the city. Lots of blind curves where there is no visibility till you have made the turn. If you drive any where close to the speed limit your going to end up with a bunch of bicyclist on your hood as there isn't til to stop when you finally see 15 of them right in the middle of the lane. Have to dive 20mph everywhere when the speed limits 60

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bicyclists have moved down my list of people that that should be deported. We have bigger fish to fry than heterosexual men that dress and act like homos.

Stay safe and make sure you wear neon spandex to stay safe and reduce chafing.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Why a 300 pound middle age lard ass in spandex thinks he is entitled and safe to ride on busy rural roads that logging trucks frequent is beyond me. Hwy 49 here in NC is a grease slick waiting to happen.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I don't get why they wear the spandex when "training". I understand it's more aerodynamic but wouldn't a person want to make practice harder so it's feels easier when it's for real?

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RWE

ok

when you are riding in a group, and a woman is in front of you, are you watching her butt?

Yes, I am. Of course I do this in the parking lot, the grocery store, at the brewery, pretty much wherever I am. Even on my bike.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Other than the hilarous "aero" helmets and silky shorties, I don't mind 'em a bit. Interesting how fast they move out of the way when being overtaken by a 35 ton CLAAS 940 chopper with an 8-row corn head mounted in front.. laugh

I think they're more of a pita in the city than on any country road; if for no other reason than they rarely obey any street signs (stop, yield, etc) in larger cities..

YMMV..

Ride safe, Paul..

Those corn farming implements are impressive, and the corn growers are good folks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Riding in a pack is a hell of a lot of fun. I won't ride with groups that don't work with traffic though.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RWE

ok

Always!...wouldn't you?

I'm not a roadie, fat tires for me. Dirt, single track, double track, asphalt....doesn't matter, mountain bike is the way to go... I pack a pistol too, always.

Last edited by SBTCO; 09/28/16.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK, do you intentionally lag behind so the women are in front of you?

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Well for starters, they should have to be inspected, carry insurance, have a license plate visible just like a car or motorcycle being they want the equal rights and privileges to hog the road.

They should be ticketed for impeding traffic on roads with no shoulder and a double yellow line.

Most are gay like, they seldom obey traffic laws, in general they are a scourge to the safety of the motoring public.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wish they'd get over to the side of the road. Most of them seem to be riding out in the middle of the lane.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Saturday, about 200 of those two wheeled azzholes in garish and colorful spandex, blocked most of Biscayne Blvd up around 163rd Street. Far from the first time either.
That is the main reason I dislike bike jockeys.

There are several groups that ride that area on weekend mornings. One of them is called the Don Pan group. There are often professional riders who join that group as it is in the top 5 fastest in the country. I met one of their regular riders this summer, and that guy was an animal. He can easily hold 25MPH over a 50 mile ride. On the Don Pan ride, his group averages 27-28. And they flat out do not care about motor vehicle traffic.

Groups are often a source of consternation in urban areas and more and more on the lightly traveled winding hilly back roads.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't have much problem with bikers on the roads. It's more of a problem when they invade the trails during hunting season then bitch about us hunters. We were here 100 years before them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kellywk

X2. In our area we get a lot of them on weekends up from the city. Lots of blind curves where there is no visibility till you have made the turn. If you drive any where close to the speed limit your going to end up with a bunch of bicyclist on your hood as there isn't til to stop when you finally see 15 of them right in the middle of the lane. Have to dive 20mph everywhere when the speed limits 60

I am a motorcyclist as well as a bicyclist. One of the fundamental tenets of safe motorcycle riding is to never outdrive your line of sight. By that I mean don't go faster than you can react to what's around the corner or over the hill. What if there is a broken down vehicle around the bend? An accident scene? A slow moving piece of farm equipment? A vehicle exiting a driveway? A mail truck?

No road user should outdrive their line of sight no matter their manner of conveyance. It's irresponsible. It's often fatal to motorcyclists. I keep a sharp ear out any time I am on the other side of a blind hill or blind bend in the road. I shouldn't have to be prepared to dive out of the way of an irresponsible motorist, but I am.

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,507
Posts18,472,347
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.