Originally Posted by Kellywk
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Being mostly urbanite, they invade our rural areas on the weekends. Pretty humble and easy to work when they are just a few. The bigger groups get more arrogant and indignant. With the hills and curves in our roads they are quite often a hazard.

X2. In our area we get a lot of them on weekends up from the city. Lots of blind curves where there is no visibility till you have made the turn. If you drive any where close to the speed limit your going to end up with a bunch of bicyclist on your hood as there isn't til to stop when you finally see 15 of them right in the middle of the lane. Have to dive 20mph everywhere when the speed limits 60

I am a motorcyclist as well as a bicyclist. One of the fundamental tenets of safe motorcycle riding is to never outdrive your line of sight. By that I mean don't go faster than you can react to what's around the corner or over the hill. What if there is a broken down vehicle around the bend? An accident scene? A slow moving piece of farm equipment? A vehicle exiting a driveway? A mail truck?

No road user should outdrive their line of sight no matter their manner of conveyance. It's irresponsible. It's often fatal to motorcyclists. I keep a sharp ear out any time I am on the other side of a blind hill or blind bend in the road. I shouldn't have to be prepared to dive out of the way of an irresponsible motorist, but I am.