Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
Paul,

If we hypothetically agree that YOU are not the problem, and that YOU are never the problem, will you admit that a considerable number of other bicyclists ARE a problem?

Can you possibly see that we are not all just making up these stories to torment you?

Just yesterday I saw an adult male run a red-light and almost get hit.It was due to inattention on his part apparently and it was a very close call. The alert driver slammed on his brakes and stopped inches from the startled biker.

The alert drivers in the two following vehicles also had to slam on their brakes and barely avoided rear-ending each other.

Even I got a jolt of adrenaline just seeing the incident up close, as I was first in line waiting at the cross-street for my light to turn green.

Fortunately the only result was a few black tire marks left in the intersection.

Paul, are you going to suggest that I didn't see what I saw? Or even suggest that this is the first time I have ever seen such a thing happen?

Bicycles on bike paths or good bike lanes, or well off on wide shoulders, as in your picture, are not a problem, usually.

Bikes carelessly or arrogantly mixing with automobile and truck traffic definitely are a problem. Why can't you understand that?

You absolutely have to see some of the same stuff we see. Do you wave down those bikers and counsel them?

That would be much more productive than trying to tell us that we don't know what we are talking about.

I think it goes both ways, as in the video of the retard smoking out the cyclist above.

For every cyclist you see doing something stupid, I guarantee that a rider like Paul has seen an order of magnitude more from douchebag motorists.

I've certainly been on both sides. Being hit by drink bottles, cut off, swerved at, as a cyclist and riding in a car when my buddy driving tossed a full chew spitter out the window and hit a cyclist.

I'd of taken a shot at the prick if it was me on the bike.Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”