Originally Posted by shootem
Ride where you like. It's free. Internal combustion is paying your way. Personally I will never submit my life to the driving skills of an unknown driver apart from me by the width of a white line. Death is inches away and can created by a multitude of simple human actions; a sneeze, a glance to the side, dropped phone, simple inattention, a wild card event resulting in a weave or 12" or less into the legally designated bike lane. 2 tons vs 50 lbs. Who's the winner? Does it matter who had the right of way? NO. Unarguable. Dead is dead. Play the odds, take your chances.

The rule of gross tonnage is often invoked when human decency and operating skill fall short. I am surprised to learn that so many of the 'fire members struggle with the basic driving skill needed to negotiate the occasional cyclist. Maybe some should reevaluate whether guns are safe in their hands. Get hit with a stray bullet, Who's the winner? Does it matter who had the right of way? NO. Unarguable. Dead is dead. Play the odds, take your chances. Right?