You guys are wasting your time.

He's making roads safer for all of us, you should thank him.

Funny how he can't comprehend why people hate cyclists...

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I disregard laws quite frequently in the name of safety, and it is not BS. I'll give you an example. I want to get from my house on Pasadena Ave in Metairie LA to the MS River MUP. I pedal south on Pasadena to its intersection with West Metairie Rd. I need to get to Houma Ave. I have two choices. I can take a right onto W. Metairie travel west all the way down to the next U turn then come back to Houma. That would put me on a high volume narrow 4 lane road that rarely sees any bicycle traffic with 40-45 MPH vehicular traffic for a total of about a half mile. Or I can take a quick right on W Metairie, shoot across the the nearby U turn then wait for a break in traffic and go the wrong way down W Metairie for about 100 yards to Houma. The way the traffic lights are timed, I can always get a reasonable break in traffic to do the 100 yard wrong way sprint. Take a look at it on Google maps and you will see what I am talking about. I can assure you it is much safer for me to go down the wrong side of the street for 100 yards than it is for me to try to mingle with traffic for that half mile. I can go on and on giving examples of how breaking the law is safer than complying.