Walla Walla Wa. just spent a butt load of money rebuilding a stretch of road that a bicycler was hit and killed on. They widened it and put a wide concrete bike lane on one side of the road for the bikes. Millions of dollars spent on this project. After it was completed officials noticed and after receiving many complaints the bikes were not using the bike path but were still riding in the road. The bicyclist stated that they did not like riding over the concrete joints. So the city went back in and on the opposite side of the road they expanded the shoulder and made an asphalt bike path for them. Low and behold they still wont use the new bike path because they feel unsafe riding that close to the bank. i was visiting with one of the landowners beside the new stretch of road that farms ground and when they installed the entryways into the fields they go into the field a ways to get the correct slope and now he has to farm around the entryways.He has also been told not to spray any chemicals on his crops if there is a possibility that there may be bike traffic going by. Personally I have no use for people who ride bikes on the road, they think they own the road and are a hazard.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.