Originally Posted by rost495
Wife road for years. I did for a few, and realized it was too dangerous out there where we ride rurally.

She rode benefits, races, tri's, bi's etc....

I finally convinced her to quit, and ride only in parks and such because most bike riders in rides have no respect. They think they own the road. And someone will swerve to miss a group and end up hitting my wife that refused to ride in groups(funny she was once flagged for drafting though--- I'd have told that ignorant official a few things and left the stupid race... my wife drafting... yeah right but I digress)

Bikes around here, generally speaking are ok in the country. the riders that ride on our 2 lane roads without shoulders watch the rear, and move over or stop depending on traffic.

OTOH 2 years ago when we were called to an involved structure fire, there was a big ride in town. THe bike riders at the intersection would NOT yield ROW to our fire engine. While still putting on my gear I did manage to speak to the group out the window while putting my SCBA on....

The arrogant ones ruin it for the rest. Like Carolyn said, it was as bad as being in a run with Rick Perry, he'd stop anywhere and block the run for a photo op.... WTF, run or GTF out of the way, we could care less you are governor of TX....

One of the few things I can't stand are elitists. It seems certain groups seem to have them, not naming all but cyclists, fly fishermen, traditional bow hunters, greenie hikers, etc.