Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Most riders have the elitist mentality that they are more virtuous than you! I hug the fog line, wear ear buds and listen to the radio! No helmet - after 63.9 years, what's the difference?
Two or more and they drive down county roads side by side 'til someone comes up from behind. I honk my horn and swear at the axxholes - its a violation of state law.

Yep on all counts. If get hit, I figure its ALWAYS gonna be my fault, and ride with that mindset.

I ride defensively and courteously. It's served me well so far.

Courteously for you is a pack of cyclists travelling far below traffic speed while tying up a whole lane and presenting a hazard to themselves and others. Almost always this is done for no other purpose other than mere recreation. But hey, other vehicles only had to wait to pass once so that's apparently OK.

The best way to get away with murder is to run over a bicyclist. If the motorist is sober, it's all but guaranteed there won't be any legal action taken at all.

If a pedestrian or pack thereof were walking anywhere on the road, much less down the middle of a lane, one would be hard-pressed to press charges against anyone who hit them either.

Whats the difference?

Birdwatcher

I don't ride in packs taking up the whole lane.

What the hell difference does it make if my reason for being on the road is recreation or fitness. Are you suggesting people on the road for recreational pursuits shouldn't be there? Does that mean the guy slowly trailering his horses to the national forest to ride doesn't belong on the road?

I have encountered packs of people walking down the road before. It wasn't difficult at all avoiding them. Some of them were purposefully discourteous. I let that be their problem, not mine.