Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
PaulBarnard: Does "this" describe you?
Last month on a narrow two lane highway (one lane in each direction) between Alder, Montana and Virginia City, Montana I am driving along and come upon a slow moving bicyclist that had attached to his bicycle a 5' long stick with flag attached at the end.
Problem was the "stick/flag" was extending horizontally not vertically!
And said stick stuck into his lane of travel at least 4 1/2'!!!
Causing folks travelling in his lane (ME!) to slow down and travel in the ONCOMING lane to pass around him!
WTF I said to myself as I and the car behind me went into the oncoming lane and had to slow down in a limited sight section of the road.
I was miffed at this dimwit bicyclist's idiocy but went on my way.
The fellow in the car behind me DID NOT!
He pulled in front of the bike/bicyclist and turned his car so the "biker" had to stop!
I slowed as I watched in the rear view mirror - last I saw was the fellow in the car opening his door and getting out of the car - obviously to speak with the bicyclist in question.
He-he I thought.
I continue on to the gunshop in Ennis, Montana do my business and start backtracking towards my home on the route I had came. Who do I come across but said idiot bicyclist and he no longer has the long stick and flag extending into the lane of travel!
It MAY have been shoved up his ass - I don't know?
I myself worry about bicyclist using auto lanes and not keeping up to speed or staying on the shoulder as many roads where I live have NO shoulders.
Bike safe!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

If you're going to or coming from West Yellowstone and Yellowstone NP you're prob'ly gonna ride through Ennis.

July 14, 2019, maybe ten miles south of Ennis: I was southbound, met these guys coming up the other way. Two Australians, 72 years of age, riding 3,300 miles from Yorktown VA to Astoria OR "while they still could", here they were 55 days and 2,500 miles out of Yorktown cool

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

It would be a shame if these guys got hit. That storm in back went on to dump major hail on Ennis, and prob'ly them too, but I'm sure they handled it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744