Here in Annapolis, capital of all that's PC and yuppie-crap, biking is a really big deal. I don't have an issue with that, per se, but whyinhell do they have to clog the arteries in and out of town at rush hour? The town sits on a narrow peninsula with but a couple of main thoroughfares in and out- what with the roads clogged with asshats shaving/putting on makeup/fixing their hair/yakking on cell phones (illegally)/etc. driving mindlessly and at speed on their way to work, it's a dam wonder more bikeys aren't killed.

I like a good bike ride for the exercise as much as the next guy, but those times I get off my butt and actually do it, I jump on one of the bike trails they converted from railroad lines for that purpose. At least there the only traffic I interfere with is old ladies limping along on the wrong side of the path, and I'm not likely to get plastered by a drunk cell phone talker in a Prius.

I do wear a brain bucket, for the same reason I buckle up in the car. Clothes: any old dammed pair of raggedy-assed shorts that happen to be on top of the pile. Those dweebs that wear the colorful spandex, $100 biking shoes, spiffy aero-helmets while gasping for air on a slight rise make me smile...

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty