My comments were not in jest or derogotory. A skinny az 2 wheeler stands no chance against the 2 ton and more 4 wheeler driven by a distracted, obnoxious, or aggressive pilot. Literally, ride the asphalt if that is your desire but take your chances without complaint when confronted by those described. They are there. Waiting. Some interaction unintentional but some quite intentional. The dimensional separation between life and death is measured in inches and right of way is of no benefit in the final measure. In my area of existence bike lanes are common and I for one make way for the spandex brigade. Speaking only for myself and definitely not for skinny wheeled bikers I value life more than a share of a congested 4 lane. Ride where you wish with my blessing if at all relevant. But when fate meets opportunity and the flat spot on the asphat is you none of this will matter in the least.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."