Originally Posted by Clarkm
I am 65 and I bike everyday for 12 miles 528 feet of elevation gain, in 45 minutes for a average speed of 16 mph. If those hills were not there it would be 20 mph. I am in a 25 mph or 30 mph zone. Cars pass me on blind corners and blind hills. There is plenty of room for passing me with narrow cars. The trucks pulling trailers that are barely faster than me, that meet another car head on in a hairpin, and then run me into the ditch... those trucks bother me.

Worse are the Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches, BMWs, and Mercedes Benz hot rods that meet me head on as they pass in blind corner.

The absolute worst are cars in a race in 25 mph zone that are sliding sideways using both lanes drifting through a blind hairpin as I am coming the other way leaning into the corner.

Because there are so many fiords on the island where I live, hot motorcycles come from off island to go through all hair pins. They are not very dangerous as they are not very wide.

I knew what I was getting into when I started this thread Clark. I volunteered to be a punching bag. I hope you have thick skin, they are coming after you!