Originally Posted by viking
Well for starters, they should have to be inspected, carry insurance, have a license plate visible just like a car or motorcycle being they want the equal rights and privileges to hog the road.

They should be ticketed for impeding traffic on roads with no shoulder and a double yellow line.

Most are gay like, they seldom obey traffic laws, in general they are a scourge to the safety of the motoring public.

If it would guarantee that people would treat me courteously and equitably, I'd happily get inspected and put a license plate on my bike. I already carry insurance. The reality is, people offer that as a complaint, but it wouldn't really change their attitude. It's weird, but the people who most often set forth that argument are otherwise small government types. Yet on this issue, they want more government. Would 8 year old kids be able to get their license, inspection and insurance at Wal-Mart? Will they have to pedal down to the DMV and wait in line with everyone else to get their license.

I very often disregard traffic laws. When I do it may just benefit you, it will never negatively impact you.

Your state law very likely allows you to legally pass on a double yellow to go around an "impediment." Go around a bicyclist like you would the mail truck or a tractor.