Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Man, that looks like a great place to ride.

I started in Great Falls and rode the Upper Missouri, later hopping over a divide to the Jefferson and then along the Madison en route to Yellowstone

Beautiful country the whole way, really surprised me, when you ride it you feel like you want to stop every 100 yards and take a photo. Also in Montana it is legal to ride the shoulders of the Interstate which for many stretches is far easier/safer than the backroads and just as scenic.

I15 maybe 40 miles west of Great Falls

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Further up, closer to Wolf Creek, the Missouri is fast-flowing here and Louis and Clark's crew had to pole against the current, hardly seemed possible, but they did it.

''Nother I 15 shot, maybe 25 miles south of Helena which is in the low spot way in the background, took me half the day to climb that grade...

Over the top and down to high mountain meadows, five miles to Boulder....

All of this, and I hadn't got off the Interstate yet, got off and headed south at Boulder.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744