Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Why a 300 pound middle age lard ass in spandex thinks he is entitled and safe to ride on busy rural roads that logging trucks frequent is beyond me. Hwy 49 here in NC is a grease slick waiting to happen.

By law that person is entitled to use that road. As a motorist I have encountered bicyclists on those kind of roads and have found them easy to go around. Do you have a hard time getting around them?

I have not read the entire thread so I do not know if this has been addressed, but I am not so sure that a bicyclist is entitled to use the road...maybe in some areas (especially cities with established bike lanes and such) but to legally use roads they need to maintain a safe speed, have brake lights/signals or use the hand signals.

People riding their bikes doing 10 MPH right on the white line of a 60 MPH highway piss me the [bleep] off. I have to get in the opposing lane to safely pass them. If a car is coming the other way, I have to slow ways the [bleep] down.

If they'd stay in established bike lanes or well out of the way of regular traffic I wouldn't have any issue with bike riders. I have a HUGE problem with them the way I normally see them doing their thing.