Originally Posted by muffin
And it really hasn't changed anything.

If the next cyclist I encounter is as couteous as you all is good.

If the next is an AZZhat, that is what he is.

No different than shooters, hunters, drivers and shoppers!

I didn't expect it to change anything. How many minds or attitudes to you think ever get changed in these campfire threads? I have been in these bicycle on the road discussions on a variety of boards. I hear the same complaints. Some valid, and some not so much. Here are some of the common complaints. And the basic response.

You don't pay road taxes. Yes I do. Ad valorem taxes build local roads. Gas taxes don't cover all the expense of state and federal roads, so my income taxes go to that.

You wear spandex. Well, mine is Lycra to be exact, and why do you care what I wear? When you go to the grocery store, do you check out all the men's apparel?

You break the law. So what, you do to. The difference is when I do it, it doesn't endanger you, and sometimes it helps me get out of your way more quickly.

You are in my way. Maybe for a brief moment. In reality though, stupid and inconsiderate motorists hold you up more than bicyclists do.

There's more. I may touch on them later.

I am about to go look at 19 acres of recreational land that's for sale. It has about 8-9 acres of stocked ponds and adjoins government and paper company land.