Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by gunner500
I have a Trek mountain bike I bought back around 1993 when I needed to be in shape for work, now I'm old and want to stay alive, have been thinking about taking it up to a bike shop in Ft. Smith for new rubber, seat, and a good servicing.

That’s why I ride, it’s the only way I get to be athletic anymore.

Recently I hiked over rough terrain with two twenty-somethings, I was left in the dust. When I ride with a bunch of the same age I can run with most of ‘em.

I’m fixing to head out this morning and put 40 miles in, back before noon, never woulda thought that possible before I got into it age 56.

Agreed, BTDT, both, for fun, and 15 damn years ago I jumped on a PT course with some young dudes, those cats were running past me so fast they were hitting me in the face with chit off their boots.....................go home old man is what that told me ; ]

Just done 300 miles on a Harley Springer this morning, I wasn't peddling, but it damn sure feels like a good workout to me, no windshield or fairing has abs flexed I guess to keep from getting blown off the damn thing.

Trump Won!