Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 43 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 42 43
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
This hartebeest apparently doesn't like cyclist in his AO either.

Somebody buy that Hartebeest a drink.!

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bangeye
Well I'll just tell you up front I find bikers that pick out narrow curves hilly rural roads incredibly rude self centered jerks. Its not that I don't like bikes and I think programs to provide appropriate places to ride such as rails to trails etc fine ideas. I just don't think they belong in the road/street anymore than golf carts, go carts, jazzes kick scooters , riding lawn mowers , skateboards and other means of conveyance. Let me ask you, why don't you just ride on the sidewalk?

The best research I can do shows accidents are more likely to occur on a sidewalk than on the open road. You won't find a single person who has studied sidewalk bicycling who doesn't strongly recommend against it. I love rura backroads and have managed to ride many thousands of miles on them without an accidental close call. I have had people purposefully brush pass me. I doubt anyone has ever had to back off the gas for more than 30 seconds or so for me. Most of the time it's seconds if at all. Every single day of my life I have to back off the gas for longer than that for a slow driver in the left lane. What's the longest you have ever been held up by a bicyclist?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
It's when they don't, it would be nice to roll coal.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muffin
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
[quote=muffin]Let me see if I can do a better job of gauging your thought processes. If you were behind a group of 20 bicyclists, would you rather they stop, then move through as a unit or each one wait until the bike ahead clears then move through as an individual rider? I don't ride in groups of 20, but when I do ride in groups, we move through as a unit as opposed to a bunch of individuals. We do that so that we get out of the way of motorists more quickly. We always yield right of way. I assumed that drivers would appreciate the gesture.

That's why I damn near ran over 15 of you guys, I was on a straight road, there was a road that 'T' into the road I was on, they had a stop sign, and the pack ran through the sign and into my lane going the same direction as me..........but hey, the guy behind them didn't have to wait!!!!!

plus it's pretty ballsy that the back of the pack trusts the front guy with the decision........

We are talking about two different scenarios I think. So you are saying they didn't yield right of way? As I said in the previous post I ALWAYS do.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I hike and hunt in a multiple use area that mountain biker also use. What I have to say to them is: Stop throwing your G-D empty gel packs all over the F-N place.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gunner500
As long as they stay outta the road IDGAF what they do, even if it is dressing like a herd of sackwashers on the way to a boy george concert! sick

THIS!

LMAO

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by MadMooner
This hartebeest apparently doesn't like cyclist in his AO either.

Somebody buy that Hartebeest a drink.!

I'd be honored to be mowed over that way!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[quote=muffin]Let me see if I can do a better job of gauging your thought processes. If you were behind a group of 20 bicyclists, would you rather they stop, then move through as a unit or each one wait until the bike ahead clears then move through as an individual rider? I don't ride in groups of 20, but when I do ride in groups, we move through as a unit as opposed to a bunch of individuals. We do that so that we get out of the way of motorists more quickly. We always yield right of way. I assumed that drivers would appreciate the gesture.

That's why I damn near ran over 15 of you guys, I was on a straight road, there was a road that 'T' into the road I was on, they had a stop sign, and the pack ran through the sign and into my lane going the same direction as me..........but hey, the guy behind them didn't have to wait!!!!!

plus it's pretty ballsy that the back of the pack trusts the front guy with the decision........

We are talking about two different scenarios I think. So you are saying they didn't yield right of way? As I said in the previous post I ALWAYS do.

Like I said, probably not all are jerks, YES they didn't yield....

you might have thought at least one of them would have looked for oncoming..... herd/pack mentality, IMHO.

Last edited by muffin; 09/28/16.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Paul Barnard, you are probably a great guy, but IMHO, 'Let me see if I can do a better job of gauging your thought processes' doesn't sound exactly ..... Campfireish????

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
As long as they stay outta the road IDGAF what they do, even if it is dressing like a herd of sackwashers on the way to a boy george concert! sick

I will be right there on the road where I have a legal right to be. Your trip to the all you can eat buffet isn't more important than my health. It's fascinating how it's always men, and I assume you are a man, who get hung up on bicyclist apparel. Women who bitch about bicyclist never mention the shorts. Maybe there are more closet gays than I realized.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 09/28/16.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Paul Barnard, you are probably a great guy, but IMHO, 'Let me see if I can do a better job of gauging your thought processes' doesn't sound exactly ..... Campfireish????

I will try again if it will do any good. I really would like to know if drivers would prefer a group of bicyclists each stop then proceed through individually or stop occupying the space of a single vehicle, yield right of way, then move through together. I always felt like I was doing the right thing moving together as a unit.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I will try again if it will do any good. I really would like to know if drivers would prefer a group of bicyclists each stop then proceed through individually or stop occupying the space of a single vehicle, yield right of way, then move through together. I always felt like I was doing the right thing moving together as a unit.

What does the Law say?

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On my way home from work I crossed paths with 2 separate bike riders on the same narrow, winding road. This was a road too narrow to have a centerline painted on it. Thank God I was able to use my superior driving skills as well as the brake and accelerator pedals to avoid tragedy and was able to safely pass by both riders. It was, however, a huge inconvenience to do so.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Like I said, probably not all are jerks, YES they didn't yield....

you might have thought at least one of them would have looked for oncoming..... herd/pack mentality, IMHO.

I just now noticed that you are from FL. FL has a bicycle death rate that is twice the national average. I suspect what you saw explains it in part. There is something going on down there. I can honestly say I have never seen a cyclist blow through a traffic control device without looking.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I really shouldn't read your posts at work. About chit myself holding the belly laugh down, I did. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I just now noticed that you are from FL. FL has a bicycle death rate that is twice the national average. I suspect what you saw explains it in part. There is something going on down there. I can honestly say I have never seen a cyclist blow through a traffic control device without looking.

I don't think they drive/cycle any different down here, but being the smallest, geography wise, of the 3 largest state populations, with 365 days of cycling weather, I would expect the numbers to be higher....

but maybe they do!

( . Y . )
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by bruinruin
On my way home from work I crossed paths with 2 separate bike riders on the same narrow, winding road. This was a road too narrow to have a centerline painted on it. Thank God I was able to use my superior driving skills as well as the brake and accelerator pedals to avoid tragedy and was able to safely pass by both riders. It was, however, a huge inconvenience to do so.

Good job, Rainman!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Good job, Rainman!

And if Rainman can do it....

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

I will be right there on the road where I have a legal right to be. Your trip to the all you can eat buffet isn't more important than my health. It's fascinating how it's always men, and I assume you are a man, who get hung up on bicyclist apparel. Women who bitch about bicyclist never mention the shorts. Maybe there are more closet gays than I realized.

HMMMM, let me see:

I've been on estrogen for the last 30 years.
Have tried to murder every vagina that's ever been put under me.
Don't wear panties
Don't use drinking straws
Drink black coffee and tea
Drink scotch whiskey
Smoke cigars
Shoot guns and kill the hell outta animals, then eat 'em.

After all this kinder gentler medication I've been on, Yup, y'all still dress like girls.

Oh, and you DID ask for it, midol aisle 5, 10lb bags of ice out front, enjoy.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
That looks deliberate. He moved over on the shoulder to hit them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 7 of 43 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1badf350, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 57 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,032
Posts18,500,580
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.