Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
There have been states that have put teeth in their preemption law. 'Bout time that caught on. Fines, freedom to sue, and all that.

Be not weary in well doing.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I grew up near that liberal cesspool. Sad deal that place is. The liberals have straight up taken over that area and as expected, ruined it.

Another example of local governments being even more corrupt than state/feds.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Relax Jim, I wasn't targeting you in my comment.

Lived in Bozeman for many years and Missoula for the past three years. I agree Missoula is a liberal town and with the hippies displaying their occasional crap.

However, exactly how has Missoula been "ruined"? Factual examples would be great. Granted, there may be other places in Montana I would prefer to live.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Haha! I know, it was an attempt at humor.

I do like the wine that comes out of that Valley.

Good stuff, but I still don't like chainsaw bears.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Greyghost
In most cases local laws can require more than state laws, just not less... apparently the new law doesn't say that it is disallowing private sells, just that a background check is required. I'd think that unless state law specifically states that private sells can be made without a background check, resident's are just plain [bleep]-out-of-luck... you could probably sue stating that it is some kind of infringement, but don't think that would go anywhere, unlike city's that tried to ban sells!

Phil

Guess you've never heard of State Preemption.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by antlers
Stupid laws deserve to be broken.
THAT...

Originally Posted by Tracks
The town isn't all that big, just drive outside the city limits.
And THAT..

Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by poboy
Take a tip from obama. Do not recognize laws you don't like.
Particularly, the unconstitutional ones.
EXACTLY!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Power hungry control people should be charged when they pass illegal law, just like folks that break the law.

Montana Code Annotated 2015
Clickable Image

45-8-351. Restriction on local government regulation of firearms. (1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a county, city, town, consolidated local government, or other local government unit may not prohibit, register, tax, license, or regulate the purchase, sale or other transfer (including delay in purchase, sale, or other transfer), ownership, possession, transportation, use, or unconcealed carrying of any weapon, including a rifle, shotgun, handgun, or concealed handgun.
(2) (a) For public safety purposes, a city or town may regulate the discharge of rifles, shotguns, and handguns. A county, city, town, consolidated local government, or other local government unit has power to prevent and suppress the carrying of concealed or unconcealed weapons to a public assembly, publicly owned building, park under its jurisdiction, or school, and the possession of firearms by convicted felons, adjudicated mental incompetents, illegal aliens, and minors.
(b) Nothing contained in this section allows any government to prohibit the legitimate display of firearms at shows or other public occasions by collectors and others or to prohibit the legitimate transportation of firearms through any jurisdiction, whether in airports or otherwise.
(c) A local ordinance enacted pursuant to this section may not prohibit a legislative security officer who has been issued a concealed weapon permit from carrying a concealed weapon in the state capitol as provided in 45-8-317.

History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 589, L. 1985; amd. Sec. 11, Ch. 759, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 384, L. 2011.

And the city will spend thousands of taxpayer dollars trying to defend an obviously illegal law in court. This crap happens all the time; local gummints enact laws that violate state laws just to make a point. When this goes to court, the judge should require the city to pay the legal fees of the plaintiff.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Missoula has been a bastion of leftardism since the mid 1980s at least. University town, attracted second-rate Commies as academics.
Bozeman held out a little longer as the cow college, but with every passing year it slides a bit further.
And all the gradjoooits get government jobs in Helena and spread their poison through the state burrocracy.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yup sounds like Missoula has an infestation of liberal vermin. Time to put a few more conservatives forward and push them out.
Some enterprising attorney should challenge the new ordinance and run it up the ladder of jurisprudence.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Question that I always have had. Why in the hell do those a-holes run screaming from CA because of too much taxes and regulation and then saddle that yoke around good people in right thinking states??? I liken it to Russification that was done behind the iron curtain when it fell.

If liberals knew what they were missing, they�d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! � James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Its easy to spot if your fair state is starting to get the California rash.

Coffee goes from .50 cents to 5.00 dollars.

In medical terms its called Hipster sign.

Kinda like when you rupture your spleen and get pain in your left shoulder. Kehr's sign.

Its science.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Still waiting on actual and factual examples how Missoula has been ruined.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Not buying the fancy coffee bit eh?

There is just no pleasing you.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I see you are trying extra hard to fit in here by being a dick.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sorry to have offended you pal!

I promise I won't make any more Missoula jokes. Sheesh.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
As I've said for more than half of my lifetime "F*ck the Griz". smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
local governments can't pass their own gun control laws in Florida. State law over rides all local ordinances. If locals try to get around it, the specific persons are libel in court.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Stupid laws deserve to be broken.

Stupid city council members deserve to get visits in the parking lot and introduced to sections of scrap chainsaw chains.

As the leftist say, "Think Globally, Act Locally".

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Power hungry control people should be charged when they pass illegal law, just like folks that break the law.

Montana Code Annotated 2015
Clickable Image

45-8-351. Restriction on local government regulation of firearms. (1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a county, city, town, consolidated local government, or other local government unit may not prohibit, register, tax, license, or regulate the purchase, sale or other transfer (including delay in purchase, sale, or other transfer), ownership, possession, transportation, use, or unconcealed carrying of any weapon, including a rifle, shotgun, handgun, or concealed handgun.
(2) (a) For public safety purposes, a city or town may regulate the discharge of rifles, shotguns, and handguns. A county, city, town, consolidated local government, or other local government unit has power to prevent and suppress the carrying of concealed or unconcealed weapons to a public assembly, publicly owned building, park under its jurisdiction, or school, and the possession of firearms by convicted felons, adjudicated mental incompetents, illegal aliens, and minors.
(b) Nothing contained in this section allows any government to prohibit the legitimate display of firearms at shows or other public occasions by collectors and others or to prohibit the legitimate transportation of firearms through any jurisdiction, whether in airports or otherwise.
(c) A local ordinance enacted pursuant to this section may not prohibit a legislative security officer who has been issued a concealed weapon permit from carrying a concealed weapon in the state capitol as provided in 45-8-317.

History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 589, L. 1985; amd. Sec. 11, Ch. 759, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 384, L. 2011.

Looks like those scumbags passed an ordinance in violation of a preemption law that prohibits it.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Love all the comments about Missoula from those that do not live in Missoula. It is very easy to live in Missoula and completely avoid the liberal and hippie crap.

Chief of Police was on the evening news and said the ordnance would only be enforced when a complaint is filed. Not worried.

So even the chief is willing to violate State Law ?

How special.

Last edited by steve4102; 09/28/16.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

151 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 673, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 14 invisible), 1,269 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,086
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.