Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure not everyone does, but there are lots of mean people that keep telling them they are going to hell.

Is it hunting season yet? Lol!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Because they smell funny.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Odd!

I've NEVER met a pilot or a combat infantryman that was an atheist!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Because they ask hard questions and seek answers using the scientific method, not through a book written by men and supposedly ghostwritten by a sky fairy?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
first there was religion. then it evolved into science.

that was because man had an inquiring mind from day one: what does that fruit taste like? anyone know for sure?

over time, man's need to know moved from explaining things from a majickal sky-god who walked with him in the evenings, to trying explain things in greater detail.

man's mind began with god as the best answer available; over time science was borne on the scene. remember a mechanical universe, and how much sense it made for so long? ol Newton and the fall of the apple, right? now, the quantum physics purports to tell us what we've always wanted to know, but couldn't understand it well enough to explain to anyone who didn't think just like us.

i like the idea that god opened the door for us humans to have science as a walking partner down here on the earth.

as far as the athiests are concerned, some people put all their faith in a raw god; others put their faith in a raw science. the two are quite interrelated, i'm thinking.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I was in downtown seattle week before last. The whole place smelled like a combination of sewage and a sack of onions.

Atheists!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because when they talk they use robot voices..

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I was in downtown seattle week before last. The whole place smelled like a combination of sewage and a sack of onions.

Atheists!

I'm sorry you went to Seattle but if it smelled like sewage and onions that's the homeless not atheists. Atheists smell like bullsh.it and agar....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
They have their right to opinions, but they do not have the right to block others from theirs! THAT is the problem that I have with them, homos etc. Do what you want and believe what you want, but leave others alone in the process.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Atheists!

that was the mess hall that i ate out of when i was in the army, and that was in Texasas, not seattle, washington.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
What about a homeless atheist with Buddhist leanings?

Smell like curry, I'd suspect.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm sorry you went to Seattle but if it smelled like sewage and onions that's the homeless not atheists. Atheists smell like bullsh.it and agar patchouli....

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Because when they talk they use robot voices..

[Linked Image]

God did that to him because he didn't believe enough.

Don't fugg with the jesus!

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I don't hate anyone; takes too much energy.

I see hate coming from both sides which makes sense because people are people.

Pride of some atheists is their great intellect that they use to show their superiority over others.

Pride of some religious people is their presumed standing before God and the moral superiority they use to show their superiority over others.

Ironic how they end up at the same place.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by efw
I don't hate anyone; takes too much energy.

I see hate coming from both sides which makes sense because people are people.

Pride of some atheists is their great intellect that they use to show their superiority over others.

Pride of some religious people is their presumed standing before God and the moral superiority they use to show their superiority over others.

Ironic how they end up at the same place.

that's because they are in the same place. they're just explainin' things differently for their own perceived benefit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why would anybody hate atheist? (Other than in defense of the fact that atheist hate everybody else.)

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
what does that fruit taste like? anyone know for sure?

Gus, obviously Adam's travails were not a lesson to you. LOL here.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Atheists!

It smells leaps and bounds better than any other big city I've ever been in. And yeah, stay away from all the homeless the mayor and governor are importing and it won't smell as much. Try Bellevue instead.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by Gus

yeah, yeah, i get it. so, would have the nw usa apple industry been as successful if eve (ha-vah in the hebrew) hadn't coerced her mate, Adam in taking a sample to see how it was?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

I'm sorry you went to Seattle but if it smelled like sewage and onions that's the homeless not atheists. Atheists smell like bullsh.it and agar patchouli....

No I meant agar. It was my subtle reference to what a scientist uses to culture or grow bacteria (amongst others) in a petri dish. whistle

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Everyone has a right to have their own opinions my friend. I spent a lot of years and I now suffer every day because I defended those rights.

I believe hate is an terrible word and an emotion I refuse to participate.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

yeah, yeah, i get it. so, would have the nw usa apple industry been as successful if eve (ha-vah in the hebrew) hadn't coerced her mate, Adam in taking a sample to see how it was?

I think a better question was what kind of apple was it? If it was just some crappy red delicious I'm sure he was p.o.ed he got evicted for that. A really good Fuji or Gala he might not have felt so bad. Unfortunately, the good book is silent in that regard.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by sbhooper
They have their right to opinions, but they do not have the right to block others from theirs! THAT is the problem that I have with them, homos etc. Do what you want and believe what you want, but leave others alone in the process.

Huh?? When was the last time an atheist went door to door with a pamphlet hand-out touting their beliefs? When was the last time an atheist went on a "mission" to proselytize? When did you ever witness a meeting, a car race or anything start off with an atheist professing their ideas/beliefs? Nope. The religious type feel they have to do all that. When you sneeze did anyone ever say to you "Darwin bless you."? Religious people can believe whatever they want so long as they don't use their religion to pass laws that effect my freedom or go out of their way to harm me. When were you ever "blocked" by an atheist from believing what you do?

To answer the OP's question; because they have more fun and their Sundays are free!

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by cooper57m

Huh?? When was the last time an atheist went door to door with a pamphlet hand-out touting their beliefs? When was the last time an atheist went on a "mission" to proselytize? When did you ever witness a meeting, a car race or anything start off with an atheist professing their ideas/beliefs? Nope. The religious type feel they have to do all that. When you sneeze did anyone ever say to you "Darwin bless you."? Religious people can believe whatever they want so long as they don't use their religion to pass laws that effect my freedom or go out of their way to harm me. When were you ever "blocked" by an atheist from believing what you do?

To answer the OP's question; because they have more fun and their Sundays are free!

This makes perfect sense to me. Christians have all kinds of skewed notions about an atheists 'beliefs' and therein lies the rub...the atheist has no beliefs. Simple as that.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's the sulfur getting a head start.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Because they claim to not believe in something you'd have to believe in to pretend you don't believe in it?

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

I think a better question was what kind of apple was it? If it was just some crappy red delicious I'm sure he was p.o.ed he got evicted for that. A really good Fuji or Gala he might not have felt so bad. Unfortunately, the good book is silent in that regard.

i never was enamored of a red delicious apple. the russet golden delicious apple variety had just the right amount of juice, acidity, and flavor. but anyways, oral tradition went on for possibly thousands of years before the Scribes began to put things to paper (er, tablet). a lot of the finer details might have gotten lost in the process since we all agree nothing is perfect. i do like the idea that the best apple varieties sell the best overall.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Because they ask hard questions and seek answers using the scientific method, not through a book written by men and supposedly ghostwritten by a sky fairy?

There's your answer.

Making fun of and belittling what is most dear to a person never results in good will.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

There's your answer.

Making fun of and belittling what is most dear to a person never results in good will.

this post spells out exactly the essence of the conflict that we are facing. and can we solve it? not likely in the near term.

folks who hold near & dear to their beliefs hold them sacred, and without contradiction. i understand that. i think many of us do. it's part of our underlying structure.

however, there's folks who have a different perspective, a different understanding of the interpreted truth. but, how can that be?

what is the sound of one hand clapping? that pretty much sums it up, and we have to call upon the Zen buddhists to help us through this difficult impasse.

to agree to disagree, what a concept.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

How can you proselytize when you don't believe? What would be in the pamphlets that atheists handed out if atheists handed out pamphlets? Blank sheets of paper? Why would an atheist go on mission? It's kind of li those phone in survey where there's 10% of the callers that don't know

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure not everyone does, but there are lots of mean people that keep telling them they are going to hell.

Gee, I don't know about that, I'm agnostic and I would have to see I see a lot more hate coming from atheists geared towards Christians.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Love and faith don't lend themselves well to scientific methodology.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Atheists!

It smells leaps and bounds better than any other big city I've ever been in. And yeah, stay away from all the homeless the mayor and governor are importing and it won't smell as much. Try Bellevue instead.

Bellevue smells like cougars and money!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Most folks don't like to be told they're wrong...doesn't matter the subject...

But a more complicated answer would be that all humans alive today have evolved from genetic groups that formed around a unifying principle of a higher power. That "belief in a god" allowed those societies to unify in larger groups that gave their group an edge in a fight for survival. After a few generations, the "belief in a higher-power based on faith" became a genetic pre-disposition.

Those that adopted the "faith" survived and those that didn't were outcast as non-believers or killed by the larger and more unified group.

It's the result of the application of basic Pavlovian and Skinnerian conditioning principles applied over the centuries and generations to a genetically receptive population.

Witness that Religion was originally invented as a form of government and societal control...that's not disputable.

The Athiests, being the heretics, witches and outcasts that resisted being controlled, as a result became subject to being slaughtered, as the Catholics did for centuries and millennia, and as the Islamists are doing right now, even as we speak...convert or die will tend to make a true believer out of you right quick!

Now if the atheists/heretics could figure out how to collect taxes/tributes to a God that they say doesn't exist they might have a chance to prosper or just mere survival...well... anyone can see the intrinsic problem inherent in that scenario!

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Gee, I don't know about that, I'm agnostic and I would have to see I see a lot more hate coming from atheists geared towards Christians.

that's probably true. but it's not more hate. it's just that in terms of proportional numbers, they are being attacked in greater numbers than they are attacking religious folks (christians, hindus, islam, etc.).

like folks who are dealing with carrying out their role as god's agents, the atheists feel under attack. and they're clearly in the minority. like a christian in a muslim community in the middle east, for example.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the lack of big pope hats. atheists need big hats and maybe some gaudy robes and incense burners to sling about.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Because they claim to not believe in something you'd have to believe in to pretend you don't believe in it?

Yes. Just like the Easter Bunny, obviously.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Why would anybody hate atheist? (Other than in defense of the fact that atheist hate everybody else.)

I dunno? I just hear folks telling them they are going to hell. Seems odd to me too. But then, people are often odd.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rem141r
the lack of big pope hats. atheists need big hats and maybe some gaudy robes and incense burners to sling about.

in order to be included (inclusive?) as a worthy minority, perhaps they should. and then i laugh.

i've lobbied my friends in the catholic realm to please get rid of the big hats, and gaudy robes, and slinging the incense burners so aggressively.

my goodness, we're in the postmodern world now. we've got the internet, NASA gives us a picture of the Globe floating in space, spinning on it's axis, night & day, night & day, over and over. and the Sun never shuts down.

wonder when the rank & file will catch up with the realization of what a marvelous creation is happening before our very eyes?

further, i would say nary a preacher can drive a new cadillac until every member in his congregation has one of their own. only then, can he/she/they have one. (right now, a lot of stuff is just pure-arse back-assards).

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
Most folks don't like to be told they're wrong...doesn't matter the subject.

I actually like discussing my faith with an atheist as long as we can both speak respectfully to each other.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
Most folks don't like to be told they're wrong...doesn't matter the subject.

I actually like discussing my faith with an atheist as long as we can both speak respectfully to each other.

I added a few more notes to the discussion...

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hate? Naw, I'll leave that up to the liberals. And non-bicycle riders. And Hillary voters. And, and, and...

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because they're Godless commies grin

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

How can you proselytize when you don't believe? What would be in the pamphlets that atheists handed out if atheists handed out pamphlets? Blank sheets of paper? Why would an atheist go on mission? It's kind of li those phone in survey where there's 10% of the callers that don't know

Ha that reminds me:

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

Hell yeah!!

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
that holds true for some of them that i know; but, it doesn't hold true for all of them that i know.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
efw, That's funny.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
both sides of the atheist vs. hindu/christian/muslim/buddhist? debate are offering up positions that neither side can possibly prove, or disprove. they're sayin' here's what i know, and this is what i believe, and out of that synthesis, here is my world view, and if you disagree strongly enough, i'll reject your viewpoint. it's really that simple, no?

it's a continuum, from very basic religious beliefs all the way to the far right which is very hard-core atheistic beliefs. we all fall on the continumn at some point. (i wish i could spell better).

one thing for sure, we're all breathing the same air, drinking the same water, and walking on the same ground. a space alien might conclude everyone down on the earth is just alike. they're all clones of each other. there's a male species & a female species, and they interbreed to cause a new little human to appear on the earth, in one sex or the other. and the Creator said:"this is good." but wait, who is this creator dude of which you speak?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IMHO, everyone doesn't hate atheists. I sure don't - some probably do, but none of my friends hate atheists. Then again, it seems like some atheists hate themselves. Go figure !

As a young adult still in college, I learned some things observing an older neighbor fellow. He shared my concerns about the lousy behavior of our common landlord. On one occasion, he professed: "I don't hate her - not at all - but I sure do despise a lot of what comes out of her."

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
How can you proselytize when you don't believe? What would be in the pamphlets that atheists handed out if atheists handed out pamphlets? Blank sheets of paper? Why would an atheist go on mission? It's kind of like those phone in survey where there's 10% of the callers that don't know

Well they/we could go door to door trying to talk people out of their beliefs. But the fact is they/we don't. I was responding to the claim that atheists somehow block someone's beliefs. For the vast majority of us - we don't. No one would know I was an atheist unless they were to ask about my thoughts on religion. Tho sometimes when people start talking about god in a social situation, if I feel comfortable with them, I will sometimes ask them with a big smile, "To what god are you referring? Man has conjured up so many of them."

Last edited by cooper57m; 09/29/16.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

I hate em because their too stupid for their own good under the guise of superior intelligence. crazy

Plus, I don't like Godless anything.

Trump Won!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And here I was thinking it's because they wear gay spandex and ride their bicycles in the road.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Cooper, I understand where you're coming from and have friends like you. I'm a Christian but I sure ain't a preachy one, in fact I can't stand preachy Christians. I don't trust preachy Christians, they're the ones that have f'd me over the worst. The best examples (to my mind) in my life were some rough men that weren't prototypical bible thumpers. Their words were tough, their breath tainted with whiskey but their actions spoke their faith.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Cooper, I understand where you're coming from and have friends like you. I'm a Christian but I sure ain't a preachy one, in fact I can't stand preachy Christians. I don't trust preachy Christians, they're the ones that have f'd me over the worst. The best examples (to my mind) in my life were some rough men that weren't prototypical bible thumpers. Their words were tough, their breath tainted with whiskey but their actions spoke their faith.

And don't EVER trust a mother-fu-ker that wont cuss. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite

Sadly, that makes as much sense as anything you've ever said.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Gunner, I learned that early on. I remember helping my pastor when I was young, he knew I loved to hunt and took me on some epic pheasant hunts but this one Saturday I was helping him build the new daycare. Pastor had a few too many beers during the course of the day and managed to get the dozer stuck. The words he said that day I don't remember but the realization that you could be rough and real with your words and still be an example of a great human being still remains. He said to me one day "wherever and whenever you feel like talking to God, God wants to hear from you. It doesn't matter where or how or the words you use, just talk to him. It doesn't matter if you're sitting on the toilet and the only words you know are cuss words, just talk to him. Promise me you'll always talk to God." I promised him and I never forgot his words.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Gunner, I learned that early on. I remember helping my pastor when I was young, he knew I loved to hunt and took me on some epic pheasant hunts but this one Saturday I was helping him build the new daycare. Pastor had a few too many beers during the course of the day and managed to get the dozer stuck. The words he said that day I don't remember but the realization that you could be rough and real with your words and still be an example of a great human being still remains. He said to me one day "wherever and whenever you feel like talking to God, God wants to hear from you. It doesn't matter where or how or the words you use, just talk to him. It doesn't matter if you're sitting on the toilet and the only words you know are cuss words, just talk to him. Promise me you'll always talk to God." I promised him and I never forgot his words.

LOL, same here Aces, actions stomp the mortal chit out of the most eloquent professional professed speak!

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yes they do!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know any atheists. Leastwise, not that I know of.

And again I don't hate anyone.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
JFC!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by byc
I don't know any atheists. Leastwise, not that I know of.

And again I don't hate anyone.

Sounds like I would be pleased to meet you - - - and share a good bourbon.

Last edited by cooper57m; 09/29/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hanging around with an Atheist just means you have to confine your conversations to just 98% of the topics guys usually talk about.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Only preachy christians i ever ran in to were pastors at the church i chose to go to on an infrequent Sunday morn. Sorry bastids never seemed to chase me down and give me a piece of their mind. I guess the ones i meet were too busy chasing those with money or those more reachable or less recalcitrant than me.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
https://youtu.be/f8xPkiQt2ow

Now this is a sorry bastid.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/29/16.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
We believe in nothing Lebowski! Nothing!

I am MAGA.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Only preachy christians i ever ran in to were pastors at the church i chose to go to on an infrequent Sunday morn.

Oh, to denigrate a believer. Sorry if the Bible stories make you uncomfortable.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've alway been nervous about guys like mao and stalin who saw folks as expendable "for the greater good". Atheists took a pretty big black eye in the twentieth century - - just by body count.

Admittedly, there is a pretty short jump from fear to hate. Jesus preached against both.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500

I hate em because their too stupid for their own good under the guise of superior intelligence. crazy

Plus, I don't like Godless anything.

I'm not even sure what that means. Lol.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
These threads are like Groundhog Day.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Way more entertaining than that!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Way more entertaining than that!

ROR!!!!!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Atheists! Hippies!

Fixed it for you.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
what is the sound of one hand clapping?

It sounds like this:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I dislike atheists.

In the little town in Georgia where I lived for twenty years, we had a college professor who was an atheist.
On our city seal, it said "FREEDOM LIBERTY CHRISTIANITY"

That seal was on all police cars and also on the city seal on the big water tank, which loomed 150 feet above the town of Milledgeville.

Well this professor decided that the "Christianity" on the water tower was oppressive to him and he had to put an end ot it. He got the ACLU to join him and he sued in federal court.
Naturally after about a year, he won and the city had to paint the horrid word "Christianity" off of the water tower and all police cars.
Hell, the letters on the tower were so far high that you could barely read it.

I am not a Christian but it didn't bother me a bit to have these words on the water tower. It it part of the heritage of a small southern town.
Why I dislike atheists is, this professor, Dr. Saladin, worked at the college for seven years and said nothing about the water tower.
He waited until he got tenure before he filed the suit.

He knew damn well that had he filed that suit after just five or six years he would have never gotten tenure.
Once he knew his job was safe and secure, he was an aggreived and self righteous atheist and had to set matters straight.

Screw you, Dr. Saladin, and all your fellow atheists.

The only mitigating circumstance was that, ten years before the law suit, Dr. Saladin's stacked blonde fiancee Sondra had moved to town. They were engaged to be married the next year.
I met her a month later in a college play that we were both stars in, and a month after that Sondra moved out of Dr. Saladin's atheist enclave and she moved in with me!
Good God what a body, I can still see that 37-C rack.
We stayed together for a year and a half, I thought I knew it all but Sondra taught me a few tricks in the bedroom.

So, thank you Dr. Saladin you may be a nut but you have good taste in women.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The problem with athiests is that the Bill of Rights is gospel while the Constitution is unfounded gibberish, simply by self-serving fiat.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Huh?? When was the last time an atheist went door to door with a pamphlet hand-out touting their beliefs?

What was it Mao was always handing out around?- Little Red Book?

When was the last time an atheist went on a "mission" to proselytize?

Marx went on "missions" to convert the world. World conversion was always a passion of Russian communists/atheists. The "International" was their song.

When did you ever witness a meeting, a car race or anything start off with an atheist professing their ideas/beliefs?

All of the communist wars had "preachers" doing all in their power to seduce or threaten the poor folks into marxism

Nope. The religious type feel they have to do all that. When you sneeze did anyone ever say to you "Darwin bless you."? Religious people can believe whatever they want so long as they don't use their religion to pass laws that effect my freedom or go out of their way to harm me. When were you ever "blocked" by an atheist from believing what you do?

Lenin lined up the Orthodox by the 100's of thousands and shot them in the head. Converse with anyone who is EO and hear them out.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

Hell yeah!!

Finally getting somewhere around here!
Glad you guys have seen the light.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
Everyone has a right to have their own opinions my friend. I spent a lot of years and I now suffer every day because I defended those rights.

I believe hate is an terrible word and an emotion I refuse to participate.

Psalm 139:19-24Amplified Bible (AMP)

[a]O that You would kill the wicked, O God;
Go away from me, therefore, men of bloodshed.
For they speak against You wickedly,
Your enemies take Your name in vain.
Do I not hate those who hate You, O Lord?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
I hate them with perfect and utmost hatred;
They have become my enemies.
Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart;
Test me and know my anxious thoughts;
And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I dislike atheists.

In the little town in Georgia where I lived for twenty years, we had a college professor who was an atheist.
On our city seal, it said "FREEDOM LIBERTY CHRISTIANITY"

That seal was on all police cars and also on the city seal on the big water tank, which loomed 150 feet above the town of Milledgeville.

Well this professor decided that the "Christianity" on the water tower was oppressive to him and he had to put an end ot it. He got the ACLU to join him and he sued in federal court.
Naturally after about a year, he won and the city had to paint the horrid word "Christianity" off of the water tower and all police cars.
Hell, the letters on the tower were so far high that you could barely read it.

I am not a Christian but it didn't bother me a bit to have these words on the water tower. It it part of the heritage of a small southern town.
Why I dislike atheists is, this professor, Dr. Saladin, worked at the college for seven years and said nothing about the water tower.
He waited until he got tenure before he filed the suit.

He knew damn well that had he filed that suit after just five or six years he would have never gotten tenure.
Once he knew his job was safe and secure, he was an aggreived and self righteous atheist and had to set matters straight.

Screw you, Dr. Saladin, and all your fellow atheists.

The only mitigating circumstance was that, ten years before the law suit, Dr. Saladin's stacked blonde fiancee Sondra had moved to town. They were engaged to be married the next year.
I met her a month later in a college play that we were both stars in, and a month after that Sondra moved out of Dr. Saladin's atheist enclave and she moved in with me!
We stayed together for a year and a half, I thought I knew it all but Sondra taught me a few tricks in the bedroom.

So, thank you Dr. Saladin you may be a nut but you have good taste in women.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Milledgeville. A bevy of beautiful southern girls and Thursday nights at the Opera House!

I still remember a BP gas station that was just north of Downtown that had SKS rifles for sale in it for something like $75.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Sondra moved out and she moved in with me!

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Milledgeville. A bevy of beautiful southern girls !

Did you ever run into Sondra? You probably would have remembered if you had.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Gus
what is the sound of one hand clapping?

It sounds like this:

i have pondered the answer to that question from the very first time i ever heard of it.

and now i know the answer, thanks to AS, the internet, youtube, and the poster to youtube. the dots are beginning to connect in order to answer more and more questions.

the next thing one might know is that there'll be "definitive" proof of the sinking of Atlantis. i can't wait.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by HawkI
The problem with athiests is that the Bill of Rights is gospel while the Constitution is unfounded gibberish, simply by self-serving fiat.

The problem with atheists, as christians, is the ones with chips on their shoulder.

There's atheists who like to go about their lives and not bother others or meddle with the affairs of others. There's atheists who see "IN God We Trust" on our money and are OK with that. Then there's the ones that see that as some sort of sleight, and THOSE [bleep] contact the FFRF and ACLU and start lawsuits.

Other than some good natured ribbing on here, I could give a [bleep] about the topic. I kinda almost wish there was a hell for militant atheists to go to for being real [bleep] by filing lawsuits and such. Just as I wish there was a hell for some self-proclaimed christians to go to who can't seem to minds their own business like some of the atheists.

At least in my own experience, once you let go of the shackles of religion, there's a period where you're angry because you were lied to. By society, by your parents, by ones you trusted. So I see where the chip on the shoulder comes from. That was me for a very short time about a decade ago. Then I realized, like any group of people, there's some bad apples in the atheist and christian groups, and it is best to go on and live your life and not worry about.

I think the FFRF gives atheists a really bad name. I think televangelist preachers raking in millions a year and flying around in private jets gives christians a bad name. I think cops shooting a suspect where it turns out to later be unjustified gives cops a bad rep.

Hey man, go live you life. I'll still shidtpost here from time to time just to see how Ringman tries to bend over backwards to explain humans and dinosaurs having sexual relations.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
[
The problem with atheists, as christians, is the ones with chips on their shoulder.

Nailed it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I don't hate atheists at all. God will deal with them when their time comes. smile

Sam......

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Atheists think freedom of religion means freedom from religion.

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by HawkI

I'll still shidtpost here from time to time just to see how Ringman tries to bend over backwards to explain humans and dinosaurs having sexual relations.

omg! humans having sex with a snake is one thing, but with dinasoars? (i wish i could spell better).

that'd mean or might mean, that humans (post-modern day types), have an old brain of the dinosauric type, and a modern (post-modern?), objective reality type. the two co-existing in one skull. is that what der ringman is proposing?

i can't hardly comprehend what all of this potential hybridization might mean? Dolly the sheep was one thing, but humans blended with dinersoars? (see, i still can't spell correctly).

its looking like we're going to have to divide everyone into two groups. those on the one hand who believe x,y,z; and on the other hand those who believe a,b,c.

i'm quite undecided due to lack of sufficient info to come to a conclusion. don't wanna leave out anything/solution that's possible.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sharpsman, I am (or at least was) a pilot. And a non-believer. But we've never met, so you could still be right.

I am convinced that religion is a hard-wired genetic attribute of humans. Every culture makes up its own god(s) and its own beliefs. Many of them make up their own books about it. Every single one of them create their gods in their own image, no two of which are remotely alike.

But none of it makes god a reality.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Atheists think freedom of religion means freedom from religion.

It certainly includes it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Nailed It!

Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here.

Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on sighting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

If you were driving down the road, and someone warned you that a bridge ahead were out, would you assume they did that out of hate?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by dassa

If you were driving down the road, and someone warned you that a bridge ahead were out, would you assume they did that out of hate?

but you can prove the bridge is out...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by toad

Only if you drive up and look. Otherwise you'd have to take the guy's word for it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
but there are lots of mean people that keep telling them they are going to hell.

That's because they are going to Hell. It's not hate, it's just being truthful, and as we all know, the truth can hurt. But, I respect their right to make that choice...just as I expect them to respect MY right to be a Christian.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Only if you drive up and look. Otherwise you'd have to take the guy's word for it.

Unless I've been down that road before and know there's no bridge on it. Then I know he's just delusional.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JamesJr
but there are lots of mean people that keep telling them they are going to hell.

That's because they are going to Hell. It's not hate, it's just being truthful, and as we all know, the truth can hurt. But, I respect their right to make that choice...just as I expect them to respect MY right to be a Christian.

If it's "the truth", show us your evidence.

If you can't prove this claim, than it's just an empty threat to try and create converts for your religion.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

If you can't prove this claim, than it's just an empty threat to try and create converts for your religion.

Just look at the world around you... the plants, the animals, the mountains, the rivers, the seas, the 4 seasons, and tell me that it "just happened". Without a doubt, there is a higher power.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cherished beliefs (and self-worth and identity) aside, pointing out irrational thinking, inconsistencies, hypocrisy, pseudo-science and fallacious reasoning does not equal hate... smile

Even Jesus loved the Pnarisees.... laugh

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I don't hate atheists at all. God will deal with them when their time comes. smile

I ain't scared of the "boogy man" no more. laugh

Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here.

Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on sighting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Just look at the world around you... the plants, the animals, the mountains, the rivers, the seas, the 4 seasons, and tell me that it "just happened". Without a doubt, there is a higher power.

And there it is, folks!

The first circular argument from ignorance on this particular thread! grin

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Lol. I'm shocked it took this long.

BTW- What is an atheist? Simply someone that doesn't believe in God, or a God? Can an atheist be someone that believes in a higher undefined power but rejects mainstream religious thought and tenants?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

So, you are saying that your god would not accept someone who didn't believe in him/her/it but who still chose to live a good life because they believed it was right, but, would accept someone who did believe in him/her/it and who lived a good life out of some fear of punishment or the promise of reward? Saying "you must believe in me, love me, worship me" etc. sounds very narcissistic, which is a human failing. I think there is far more evidence that we created our gods than the other way around.

Last edited by cooper57m; 09/30/16.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It's always the same old drivel.

The only thing "without a doubt" is you have no proof of your fantasies, and no right to force them on anyone else.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

So, you are saying that your god would not accept someone who didn't believe in him/her/it but who still chose to live a good life because they believed it was right, but, would accept someone who did believe in him/her/it and who lived a good life out of some fear of punishment or the promise of reward? Saying "you must believe in me, love me, worship me" etc. sounds very narcissistic, which is a human failing. I think there is far more evidence that we created our gods than the other way around.

I'm not going to argue religion, or as to whether or not there is a God, because I'm not a Bible scholar, I'm just an ordinary Christian. You are free to believe as you so choose. I happen to believe there is indeed a God, and that he sent his son Jesus Christ to come and die on the cross, in order that I (and you too if you wish) might be forgiven of my sins and enter into the Kingdom of God (Heaven), after I die. It's just that simple. If you choose not to believe that, all I can say is that's it's your loss. I would sincerely hope that you would come to the same conclusion I have, and find everlasting life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What?

You dont believe in higher power? grin

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I'm not going to argue religion, or as to whether or not there is a God, because I'm not a Bible scholar, I'm just an ordinary Christian. You are free to believe as you so choose. I happen to believe there is indeed a God, and that he sent his son Jesus Christ to come and die on the cross, in order that I (and you too if you wish) might be forgiven of my sins and enter into the Kingdom of God (Heaven), after I die. It's just that simple. If you choose not to believe that, all I can say is that's it's your loss. I would sincerely hope that you would come to the same conclusion I have, and find everlasting life.

In other words, you have no evidence, you just believe the fairy tales that makes you feel the most comfortable.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

I think i have seen christians discuss the wonders of Christ and none judging by declaring someone is going to hell. It would be interesting to see where a poster said that outside quoting scripture.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
cooper57M and Gus,

As atheists, what are your views on ghosts, aliens, and bigfoot?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by MojoHand

And there it is, folks!

No, the argument based on faith.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by barm
cooper57M and Gus,

Speaking for myself, I see no evidence supporting a belief in ghosts, bigfoot, nor developed extraterrestrial visitors to earth.

Gus may see things a little different, or waaaay different after a few bowls of weed.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Faith is a circular argument.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
cooper57M and Gus,

Speaking for myself, I see no evidence supporting a belief in ghosts, bigfoot, nor developed extraterrestrial visitors to earth.

Gus may see things a little different, or waaaay different after a few bowls of weed.

antelope sniper,

Thank you for the reply.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
cooper57M and Gus,

lol. just how did you manage to conclude that i am, or might even be an atheist?

to expand or expound on your rather direct question, i'd suggest it's very possible a lot of early day desert tribes, and others didn't know what to call a space alien but God, since the technology of the possible aliens so exceeded anything the goat-herders were aware of. wandering around in the desert from water hole to waterhole, searching for green grass in the interim was no small task. to meet a god, space alien, etc, would certainly shift one's perspective, is what i'm thinking.

but, who really knows for sure?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm ok with religious folk believing in whatever god you wish that makes you happy and encourages you to be a decent person that won't kill me or steal my stuff. I promise not to do that to you either, so we are good. I'm also ok if you need a promise of an afterlife to make death easier for you to deal with. I'm ok with the fad to black that it I think it will most very likely be. I'm not ok with people telling me that their loving god will send me to hell just because I don't believe. That's just an attempt of recruiting thru intimidation. It's the ultimate hubris for people to try to speak for a "god". That should be the greatest sin of them all.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gus
cooper57M and Gus,

lol. just how did you manage to conclude that i am, or might even be an atheist?

to expand or expound on your rather direct question, i'd suggest it's very possible a lot of early day desert tribes, and others didn't know what to call a space alien but God, since the technology of the possible aliens so exceeded anything the goat-herders were aware of. wandering around in the desert from water hole to waterhole, searching for green grass in the interim was no small task. to meet a god, space alien, etc, would certainly shift one's perspective, is what i'm thinking.

Thanks for the reply.

I started reading this thread earlier today and it got me to thinking how differing groups of people, i.e. Christians, atheists view other phenomena like ghosts, aliens, and bigfoot. I know several Christians and I know what they think, but I was curious how another group being a polar opposite would see it?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
cooper57M and Gus,

They are fun make believe stuff, like Santa Claus. If mankind doesn't or can't understand something, they make stuff up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What do they think?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus
cooper57M and Gus,

Thanks for the reply.

I started reading this thread earlier today and it got me to thinking how differing groups of people, i.e. Christians, atheists view other phenomena like ghosts, aliens, and bigfoot. I know several Christians and I know what they think, but I was curious how another group being a polar opposite would see it?

your assumption is pretty severe, in my interpretation. i've always thought that Jesus was/is the greatest teacher to ever incarnate on the face of the earth. not to say there weren't and haven't been other Great Teachers as well. does one have to believe in the mystical side of Christ, in order to be saved? yeah? what about those folks who wish to practice the Teachings that Jesus laid down? are they not xtians? apparently not in your book. but, that's ok. believe what you wish, and carry-on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
cooper57M and Gus,

They are fun make believe stuff, like Santa Claus. If mankind doesn't or can't understand something, they make stuff up.

Thank you for replying.

Most of the Christians I talked to felt the same way. I guess some Christians and atheists would find some common ground on this issue.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus
cooper57M and Gus,

Thanks for the reply.

your assumption is pretty severe, in my interpretation. i've always thought that Jesus was/is the greatest teacher to ever incarnate on the face of the earth. not to say there weren't and haven't been other Great Teachers as well. does one have to believe in the mystical side of Christ, in order to be saved? yeah? what about those folks who wish to practice the Teachings that Jesus laid down? are they not xtians? apparently not in your book. but, that's ok. believe what you wish, and carry-on.

Sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention. My point is many people whether Christian or atheist won't believe in something they can't feel, see, or touch. It's not a judgement just an observation.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
cooper57M and Gus,

Thank you for replying.

Most of the Christians I talked to felt the same way. I guess some Christians and atheists would find some common ground on this issue.

I have common ground with many Christians, beginning with ABC......anybody but clinton.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My wife and I raised our three son's independent, to be their choice when they had the mind to choose. I was raised devout Catholic in an Italian immigrant family so the routine is clear. My wife was raised a mid-western Protestant in SoCal. Both of us were equally turned off by the "crammed down our throats" environment. So we married Protestant in respect of her grandparents. My side of the family CGAF at this point. She was happy, I was happy. Besides, it was her Father's dime. grin

So now, many years later, my three sons have gone astray. The eldest, 26, reads and tries to live by Buddha. The middle one, well he would rather grill a tri-tip and pour down a MGD than even think about religion. The youngest, an 18 year old freshman at A&M, is there with his high school sweetheart. They, together, are trying to find a church and a like community. When he left our house he had zero of a view and, all told, didn't care to get "it". I suspect he will find what he and she want in religion and will be fine. My wife and I? Well we continue as we have. She knows my view and I know hers. We don't talk about it. In the end it all has seemed to have sorted itself.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
cooper57M and Gus,

Thank you for replying.

I have common ground with many Christians, beginning with ABC......anybody but clinton.

I am ABC too.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

And gets eternal salvation. For every positive there is a negative. The negative of proof is faith.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

And there it is, folks!

Evolutionists use the belief in evolution as their starting point. That is circular also. The thing about evolution is one has to start with nothing and get something. The creationists start with Infinite Intelligent Energy we call God. One follows the basic concept of science, cause and effect, and the other does not. Both are circular but one is reasonable.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

And gets eternal salvation. For every positive there is a negative. The negative of proof is faith.

We more or less know what you believe, why don't you tell us why you believe it?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Humans are created in God's Image. We get our narcissism from Him. He is the Biggest Narcissist. His ego is the biggest. And He's in charge.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
Evolutionists use the belief in evolution as their starting point. That is circular also. The thing about evolution is one has to start with nothing and get something. The creationists start with Infinite Intelligent Energy we call God. One follows the basic concept of science, cause and effect, and the other does not. Both are circular but one is reasonable.

I begin with, "I think, there for I am". That is along way from beginning with The Theory of Evolution.

There no equivalence between the Skeptic and those who hold a belief system in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I begin with, "I think, there for I am". That is along way from beginning with The Theory of Evolution.

There no equivalence between the Skeptic and those who hold a belief system in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

The bolden is a perfect example of the evolutionist.

Everyday Hunter
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Too improper I suppose.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Live and let live.

Thats good enough for me.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[

Literally, everything in your post is wrong...literally.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
From the DSM-5:

A delusion is a belief that is held with strong conviction despite evidence disproving it that is stronger than any evidence supporting it. It is distinct from an erroneous belief caused by incomplete information (misconception or misunderstanding), deficient memory (confabulation) or incorrect perception (illusion). The psychiatrist and philosopher Karl Jaspers proposed 3 criteria for delusional beliefs in 1913: certainty (the belief is held with absolute conviction), incorrigibility (the belief cannot be changed with any proof to the contrary) and impossibility or falsity (the belief cannot be true) (Jaspers, 1967). Delusions are associated with a variety of mental and neurological disorders, but are of diagnostic importance in the psychotic disorders.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So...... Atheists are the only ones who are not delusional?

The vast majority of humans believe in a Higher Power and most claim to recieve some PRESENT benefits from their beliefs. But you say they are deluded.

You offer no proof that they are deluded, but you are certain that they are.

Because YOU do not believe in a Higher Power.

I can't see where you have a very persuasive argument.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[

So then you don't accept the basic concept of science is cause and effect? How can one conduct experiments without it?

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Those are your words, not mine.

All I did was post the definition.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
From the DSM-5:

A delusion is a belief that is held with strong conviction despite evidence disproving it that is stronger than any evidence supporting it. It is distinct from an erroneous belief caused by incomplete information (misconception or misunderstanding), deficient memory (confabulation) or incorrect perception (illusion). The psychiatrist and philosopher Karl Jaspers proposed 3 criteria for delusional beliefs in 1913: certainty (the belief is held with absolute conviction), incorrigibility (the belief cannot be changed with any proof to the contrary) and impossibility or falsity (the belief cannot be true) (Jaspers, 1967). Delusions are associated with a variety of mental and neurological disorders, but are of diagnostic importance in the psychotic disorders.

This describes classic evolutionism!

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's intellectual cowardice on your part. Why else would you post the definition?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
[

So then you don't accept the basic concept of science is cause and effect? How can one conduct experiments without it?

Because the basis of science is not cause and effect.

It's observation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[

Because the basis of science is not cause and effect.

It's observation.

Talk about a hanging curveball.....w e will see if Ringman can blast it out of the park.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

hippie atheists....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Oh well. I tried a blended, factual and realist view.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah... after you posted this :

Now you try to weasel out.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM
Oh well. I tried a blended, factual and realist view.

Emotions are higher it seems. Too funny given, well, never mind...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Yeah... after you posted this :

Now you try to weasel out.

As I've said before not all Christians/religions/religious beliefs are equal.

I don't believe I've ever heard you claim the earth is less then 10,000 years old, and you seen to have a definition of god that does not manifest outside one's mind. So on balance, how well do you believe your belief stacks up against that definition?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
[

Pretty simple, really. The creator of cause and effect is above it.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
[

Pretty simple, really. The creator of cause and effect is above it.

So now you are on to "Special Pleading".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Atheists are imposing their religion on everyone else by attacking any evidence of religion in the public square.

Last edited by ConradCA; 09/30/16.

[Linked Image from ]
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
OK, nuts azz abroad...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
definition of god that does not manifest outside one's mind.

He manifests Himself in His Creation. That extends well beyond my mind.

He communicates with me in my mind..... but that's just one man's experience. He might write sky messages for the next guy as far as I know.

As far as a 6000 year old earth.... that seems highly unlikely to me based on the relatively short span of time covered by written history. The earliest writers seem to have been looking at basically the same earth we see. Besides, the only argument for the earth being 6000 Y O seems to come from a literal reading of the O T .... a method I disagree with.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Yep. The Lord often spoke in spiritual terms.

He also spoke physically of behemoths roaming the earth ages ago.

So who told us of the dinosaurs and mastadons 200 years ago, other than Him, in scripture.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/30/16.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
From what I have read on here, it is the atheists that attack Christians for believing as they do, not the other way around. I don't believe in forcing my views upon anyone, I'll just tell you how I see things, and go from there. But, instead of disagreeing, the atheists have to try and pick a fight. Sometimes, I think they're just jealous that Christians are going to have everlasting life, and they are not. However, they could, it's their choice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't hate atheists, I think they are
adolescents trying to be a different breed of cat, or they have been disappointed by God in some way and are carrying a resentment.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If someone claims to have something you don't have, it's a very human reaction to deny that they have it.

And Atheist are - above all else - humans. Humanity is their god.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
From what I have read on here, it is the atheists that attack Christians for believing as they do, not the other way around. I don't believe in forcing my views upon anyone, I'll just tell you how I see things, and go from there. But, instead of disagreeing, the atheists have to try and pick a fight. Sometimes, I think they're just jealous that Christians are going to have everlasting life, and they are not. However, they could, it's their choice.

That smug, holier than thou attitude is what gets under atheist's skin.

It's like some bratty kid prancing around his friends shouting "I know something you don't know!". He shouldn't be surprised when he gets bopped in the mouth.

For the record I'm not atheist. I was, but the spirit of an extraterrestrial sasquatch came to me in a dream and showed me the light. I'm satanist now.

Last edited by justin10mm; 09/30/16.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
If someone claims to have something you don't have, it's a very human reaction to deny that they have it.

Yes, or deny they are jealous of your huge fish or bull elk.

Maybe some have and hate the feeling that they have been rejected.

I know some who were slighted or treated badly by people who professed to be "christians"- people who truly took the name of the Lord in vain.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I know some who were slighted or treated badly by people who professed to be "christians"- people who truly took the name of the Lord in vain.

My wife tells me, "Don't do business with Christians if you don't want to get screwed," and she is serious.

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

That depends upon the definition and context of faith.
Christian faith is based upon being fully persuaded to affirm the truth having examined the facts of the case and having come to a conclusion. The evidence in the "court-room" is overwhelming- the conclusion is faith. An affirmation of the truth having been persuaded.

Faith also includes trust in a person, (God) once you have gotten to know Him.

Your definition of faith is just your (unknowing) straw man forced off on your antagonists in this debate; it is not rooted in any Christian creed or confession or systematic theology.

Once again; John Locke, "The Reasonableness of Christianity"

Or
http://www.whatsaiththescripture.com/Text.Only/pdfs/The_Coming_Prince_Text.pdf

Sir Robert Anderson proves the precise fulfillment of the Daniel 9 prophecy as to the time of the Hebrew Messiah "cut off but not for Himself". Just prior to the destruction of the Temple. Which is exactly what happened but predicted by a space of over 400 years.

Undeniable proof that God exists and has revealed Himself via the Hebrew prophets and the Lord Jesus Christ.

And much more from Isaiah; starting with chapter 53

But if Christ Himself manifested and healed on the wrong day or the wrong person you would still not be persuaded.

Last edited by Robert_White; 09/30/16.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by justin10mm

It's like some bratty kid prancing around his friends shouting "I know something you don't know!". He shouldn't be surprised when he gets bopped in the mouth.

For the record I'm not atheist. I was, but the spirit of an extraterrestrial sasquatch came to me in a dream and showed me the light. I'm satanist now.

There again you have your example. There was no reason for this attack against the Christian belief in God.

The next time you meet someone, try insulting their wife in the worst way you can think of and see how much good will you receive from them after that.If anything, I have witnessed Christians having remarkable restraint in their conversations with atheists on this forum,doing their best to ignore insults against what they hold most dear. They do this for only one reason, hoping that be some grace a word they say may ring true and save a person from destruction.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 09/30/16.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
when you try to spoon feed a grown man something he don't want, don't get butthurt when he spits it back on ya.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
when you try to spoon feed a grown man something he don't want, don't get butthurt when he spits it back on ya.

I would assume that if he didn't want to talk about it,he would just refrain from joining in the conversation. It's not polite to ask for a bite and then spit it in someone's face because you didn't like it.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 10/01/16.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
if you don't want your conversation 'joined' don't start it on a public hunting/outdoor forum.

those 'asking for a bite' can easily do it via PM.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
if you don't want your conversation 'joined' don't start it on a public hunting/outdoor forum.

those 'asking for a bite' can easily do it via PM.

I never said I didn't want anyone to join a conversation.I simply said that it isn't polite to insult the people you are having the conversation with.I guess that's hard for you to understand.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Someone mentioned earlier that all atheists are going to hell.

That does not seem very polite.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

It's not polite. I'm a Christian but I've never thought telling someone they were going to hell was a good way to introduce them to God.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

My wife tells me, "Don't do business with Christians if you don't want to get screwed," and she is serious.

I have to agree with your wife. Every bad business deal I've ever had was with fine upstanding Christians including one preacher. Also don't ever take a Baptist fishing with you because they'll drink all your beer.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats a good way to think about it RH Clark.

When I was a kid I decided to try going to on of those non-denominational youth groups.

It was okay, but I was never very good at it.

When I told one of the "leaders" that I was going to go back to the Catholic church school for the next year because it was "confirmation" year he told me that Catholics and confirmation was not "christian".

I never viewed organized religion the same after that.

There was too much "us vs. them".

Religion is ruined by the people most times.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 10/01/16.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I took another look at the subject line.

Why does everyone hate atheists?

If everyone hates atheists I guess I am a nobody. There are a bunch of people I really like and would consider friends who donot believe as I do. Some are here at the Fire and others who are not.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
My vegetarian friend in Denmark is a communist AND an atheist!

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 10/01/16.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

When I was a kid I decided to try going to on of those non-denominational youth groups.

When I told one of the "leaders" that I was going to go back to the Catholic church school for the next year because it was "confirmation" year he told me that Catholics and confirmation was not "christian".

I completely agree with you about the "us vs. them" attitude. All too often we want to focus on our minor differences.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

I figured she was the boss.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Ok, just kidding AS. I too watch them like a hawk. There are lots of lowlifes who sit near the front and go to church not to worship or have fellowship, but to get business. He WILL seperate
the wheat from the chaff. I feel for anyone who spends eternity with snakes, but a real believer will not be harmed by their poison in the long run.

PS. I dont hate athiests, other than Hitlary and Zero, and i dont hate those snakes because of their unbelief in Jesus.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/01/16.

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I completely agree with you about the "us vs. them" attitude. All too often we want to focus on our minor differences.

eactly, it happens all the time. folks will fight over details at the .17 decimal point level, when in fact they agree on all of the essentially important matters & issues. it's just the way we humans are wired. we're always trying to differentiate things on the margins, while never looking at the commonalities. for instance, one commonality is that we all breathe oxygen, but people will argue over whether 10 deep breaths is sufficient, or is 20 better.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Thank her for me. I really like being called a cheat by someone who has never meet me or had any dealings with me. It shows Christ's love shines through her to fellow believers.

I had intended to try to get together 2ith you on my next trip your way but seeing how she feels about me I will just keep on driving.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

It's not polite. I'm a Christian but I've never thought telling someone they were going to hell was a good way to introduce them to God.

I've thought about that, and maybe that is a little harsh. But, on the other hand, I think too many times we as Christians tend to "water down" things just so they will appeal to a broader group of people. Just look at the homosexual issue....God was very specific about homosexuality, He says it is an abomination, meaning that it is very, very wrong, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Nowhere else in the Bible does He, or Jesus, later say that their mind has changed about it. Yet, today, many religions and churches are willing to accept homosexuals into their midst, and refuse to condemn their behavior, all the while pretending to worship the Lord and believe in what is written in the Bible. I think they do so for a variety of reasons, the biggest reason being the financial benefit of having a large congregation that gives a lot of money. They don't want to step on their toes and see the money quit coming in. I am not an extremely religious person, in that I don't live and breathe it like some do. I am a Southern Baptist, who has attended a small Methodist church for many years. I struggle every day to keep myself from doing things that I know I shouldn't, and know that it is only by the grace of God that all I have to is just to ask to be forgiven of my sins, and put my trust in the Lord, and all will be well. But, the fact is that atheists are indeed going to go to Hell because they choose not to believe in God. It is their choice, and it is not in bad form for me to tell them that. Just as our pathway through life is dictated by the choices we make, so is our life in the ever after.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Maybe we should all just get along, right, and be happy with the fact the muzzies are helped along in their efforts to come get us, even by some churches which profess to believe in Jesus Christ but reject His warnings not to let the heathens into our nation for their sons to mingle with our daughters nor their daughters to mingle with our sons, Gus.

They want us to not only take in the Trojan horse, but let them in without the horse.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/01/16.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
So you can poison the well at the orphans home and still get to heaven if you say sorry to God?

But a gay person who love's their family, works hard and is kind to their fellow man is going to hell?

Thats a pretty much the reason I dont go to church anymore.

Any church that wont take someone in who is looking to be closer to god and gain fellowship with man is not worth going to or being a member of.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I've thought about that, and maybe that is a little harsh. But, on the other hand, I think too many times we as Christians tend to "water down" things just so they will appeal to a broader group of people. Just look at the homosexual issue....God was very specific about homosexuality, He says it is an abomination, meaning that it is very, very wrong, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Nowhere else in the Bible does He, or Jesus, later say that their mind has changed about it. Yet, today, many religions and churches are willing to accept homosexuals into their midst, and refuse to condemn their behavior, all the while pretending to worship the Lord and believe in what is written in the Bible. I think they do so for a variety of reasons, the biggest reason being the financial benefit of having a large congregation that gives a lot of money. They don't want to step on their toes and see the money quit coming in. I am not an extremely religious person, in that I don't live and breathe it like some do. I am a Southern Baptist, who has attended a small Methodist church for many years. I struggle every day to keep myself from doing things that I know I shouldn't, and know that it is only by the grace of God that all I have to is just to ask to be forgiven of my sins, and put my trust in the Lord, and all will be well. But, the fact is that atheists are indeed going to go to Hell because they choose not to believe in God. It is their choice, and it is not in bad form for me to tell them that. Just as our pathway through life is dictated by the choices we make, so is our life in the ever after.

I don't think Christians should water anything down. It's more about how you speak the truth, the manner in which it is presented. Read the gospels. You never see Jesus going someplace and telling everyone they are Going to Hell if they don't bow down and worship him.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I agree. I would not have anything to do with a church that had money to build a big fancy building and used that money to build instead of giving it to those in real need.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
So you can poison the well at the orphans home and still get to heaven if you say sorry to God?

But a gay person who love's their family, works hard and is kind to their fellow man is going to hell?

Thats a pretty much the reason I dont go to church anymore.

Any church that wont take someone in who is looking to be closer to god and gain fellowship with man is not worth going to or being a member of.
[b][/b]

I agree and think you have just been going to the wrong churches. It's hard for me to think you couldn't find what I have,where you are.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Gus

eactly, it happens all the time. folks will fight over details at the .17 decimal point level, when in fact they agree on all of the essentially important matters & issues. it's just the way we humans are wired. we're always trying to differentiate things on the margins, while never looking at the commonalities. for instance, one commonality is that we all breathe oxygen, but people will argue over whether 10 deep breaths is sufficient, or is 20 better.

From my Christian viewpoint,division is a tool of the enemy and if we could recognize it as such,it wouldn't be nearly as effective.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I was baptized Catholic, and come from a long line of Catholics marrying Presbyterians.

My wife is Anglican, but since there is no Anglican church here, she goes to the Presbyterian.

I dont anymore, but the wife and kids do. Which suits me fine.

I dont have anything against the local churches, in fact they have started doing more stuff together, like multi denominational Christmas masses. That also suits me fine.

In this stage of my life, I find it easier to be spiritual out here on my land, not in a church surrounded by people I dont like to spend time with.

I am not an athiest, but will not tolerate shunning people for not believing exactly what some group of people believe.

Tolerance and compassion only for people who live, look, and think like us is something that bothers the crap out of me, and wont be part of a group that acts that way.

I am not a bible scholar, but I just can believe that God or Jesus or who ever would want the people in a church to run the gays or other groups out into the cold in the name of "religion".

I get by nicely out here on the barren prairie by trying to live by the golden rule.

I am MAGA.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Maybe we should all just get along, right, and be happy with the fact the muzzies are helped along in their efforts to come get us, even by some churches which profess to believe in Jesus Christ but reject His warnings not to let the heathens into our nation for their sons to mingle with our daughters nor their daughters to mingle with our sons, Gus.

They want us to not only take in the Trojan horse, but let them in without the horse.

the details are fuzzy, but didn't ol moses marry a daughter of an egyptian priest?

it does seem like the issue of foreign gods, and strange foreign women have been clouding the picture nearly forever. it's difficult to keep things pure. salame could probably dance, but was she worthy?

on the subject of homosexuality, my position is evolving, like the big-finned american cars of the late 50's have evolved to the japanese made aerodynamic cars of the post-modern era. the thinking goes like this: back in the day, every man & woman was needed to be a successful breeder of new or additional children. the earth was large, unconquered, and the human population was under threat of being wiped out due to the few numbers of humans and the level of technology available to them. nowadays, we have shot far passed those issues, risks, and concerns. now overpopulation is the wolf that is stalking us, and knocking on the door. we humans can afford for a certain element or sub-element to not to have to breed and raise kids to sustain the population. we've reached and crossed over that threshold. so, homo's have a service of value to offer. they are not contributing to the over-population of the earth.

we're not in kansas anymore.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Ok, just kidding AS. I too watch them like a hawk. There are lots of lowlifes who sit near the front and go to church not to worship or have fellowship, but to get business. He WILL seperate
the wheat from the chaff. I feel for anyone who spends eternity with snakes, but a real believer will not be harmed by their poison in the long run.

PS. I dont hate athiests, other than Hitlary and Zero, and i dont hate those snakes because of their unbelief in Jesus.

HIllary and Zero both claim to be Christians.

I think, like me, it's their Marxism you hate.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I didn't like church.
It was full of sinners.

The worst ambassador of a belief system, is usually the average practitioner.

Got a coworker, atheist, who posts lots of memes on social media...........not in support of his view, but in the degradation of opposing views.

You'd think one so enlightened would maybe take the high road.

I do find it funny, how those in support for or against religion, on social media...........who post such nonsense..........are almost always those of past substance abuse and/or were never good students.

Sometimes it's OK to fault the message coming from certain messengers.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

HIllary and Zero both claim to be Christians.

I think, like me, it's their Marxism you hate.

obama is probably a true blue marxist, possibly at least.

hillary is a snake in the grass. her family were far-right republicans. she married into the clinton clan. like trump, she a true capitalist. unfortunately her political stripes requires her to sell socialism to allow for the potential of continued political success. she would enslave her own grandmother to ensure success of the clinton foundation and her other enterprises. clinton is self-serving, and would allow both capitalism and socialism to wither on the vine if it profited her personally. she doesn't care about this country, only herself.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Thank her for me. I really like being called a cheat by someone who has never meet me or had any dealings with me. It shows Christ's love shines through her to fellow believers.

I had intended to try to get together 2ith you on my next trip your way but seeing how she feels about me I will just keep on driving.

Scott, I worked customer disputes at a large brokerage firm for several years. Anytime someone brought up their religion during a dispute, they would attempt to leverage it for money. Not once did I ever hear, "because I'm a good Christian I will pay what I owe". It was always, I'm a good (insert religion, or ethnicity here), so you should give me money.

I would amend Ringman's statement (after all, he just told everyone to never do business with him!) to I'd be very caution about doing business with anyone who claimed their religion was a reason I should do business with them.

Of course, that's a minority of Christian. Most Christians I do business with convinced me they have the best product at the best price, and never mention their religion.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I have no problem with "fishers of men".
But when they throw a big crankbait out first thing........

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by hookeye
I didn't like church.
It was full of sinners.

The worst ambassador of a belief system, is usually the average practitioner.

Got a coworker, atheist, who posts lots of memes on social media...........not in support of his view, but in the degradation of opposing views.

You'd think one so enlightened would maybe take the high road.

I do find it funny, how those in support for or against religion, on social media...........who post such nonsense..........are almost always those of past substance abuse and/or were never good students.

Sometimes it's OK to fault the message coming from certain messengers.

Just because someone is correct on a single question, that does not mean they are "enlightened".

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If one puts the religious stuff out there on advertising/other..........kinda like going to a used car salesman with "honest" in his store name.

No thanks.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Guy makes custom recurves. Puts Biblical quotes on them.
Trade show, guy I knew was helping that booth, asked me to shoot a couple of demo rigs.

Shot them very well, with owner watching.
He was a total d*ck about it.

I just advertised his stuff with a darn good run, and he's all p*ssy about it?

Proly because I had a Blackwidow shirt on.

Fugg 'em.

Got no problem with the Book. Just the moron that supposedly champions it on his wares.

But like my mom always said............church is for sinners. Some are struggling to find their way, others think they have arrived. Some are smart. Most are stupid.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Some A holes believe. Some don't.
I personally don't care what people believe, but if they subscribe to a certain faith.....I kinda expect them to follow it.
The corruption for temporary comfort......p*sses me off.

If one takes issue with a belief system, fine...........start your own.

Don't jack with the other one.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus

the details are fuzzy, but didn't ol moses marry a daughter of an egyptian priest?

it does seem like the issue of foreign gods, and strange foreign women have been clouding the picture nearly forever. it's difficult to keep things pure. salame could probably dance, but was she worthy?

on the subject of homosexuality, my position is evolving, like the big-finned american cars of the late 50's have evolved to the japanese made aerodynamic cars of the post-modern era. the thinking goes like this: back in the day, every man & woman was needed to be a successful breeder of new or additional children. the earth was large, unconquered, and the human population was under threat of being wiped out due to the few numbers of humans and the level of technology available to them. nowadays, we have shot far passed those issues, risks, and concerns. now overpopulation is the wolf that is stalking us, and knocking on the door. we humans can afford for a certain element or sub-element to not to have to breed and raise kids to sustain the population. we've reached and crossed over that threshold. so, homo's have a service of value to offer. they are not contributing to the over-population of the earth.

Gus,

This issue homosexuality is a question of economics, When you have limited resources and can only feed so many people, it becomes more important to examine the contribution of each individual and how it affect the survival of the civilization. In parts of ancient Greece, at least in Sparta, babies with deformities we "exposed", or left on a mountain top to die. Now, we spend millions of dollars to save them.

Today the most productive farmers in history, the American farmer, although making up only 2% of our population, produce enough food to feed our country two and and have time. This is a big difference between now and when the Bible was written. Today feeding a deadbeat is not tantamount to death for a producing citizen, so we give the dead beats more leeway.

Yes, Gus, times have changed over the past few thousand years.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hookeye
Guy makes custom recurves. Puts Biblical quotes on them.
Trade show, guy I knew was helping that booth, asked me to shoot a couple of demo rigs.

Shot them very well, with owner watching.
He was a total d*ck about it.

I just advertised his stuff with a darn good run, and he's all p*ssy about it?

Proly because I had a Blackwidow shirt on.

Fugg 'em.

Got no problem with the Book. Just the moron that supposedly champions it on his wares.

But like my mom always said............church is for sinners. Some are struggling to find their way, others think they have arrived. Some are smart. Most are stupid.

the true purists who walk among us are clamoring for a "better" system. and well it should be.

but unfortunately the way it is now is probably as good as it gets.

an old governor down here, while his state prisons were under federal court orders, remarked that the problem with the prison system was that they needed to attract a higher quality inmate.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I was baptized Catholic, and come from a long line of Catholics marrying Presbyterians.

My wife is Anglican, but since there is no Anglican church here, she goes to the Presbyterian.

I dont anymore, but the wife and kids do. Which suits me fine.

I dont have anything against the local churches, in fact they have started doing more stuff together, like multi denominational Christmas masses. That also suits me fine.

In this stage of my life, I find it easier to be spiritual out here on my land, not in a church surrounded by people I dont like to spend time with.

I am not an athiest, but will not tolerate shunning people for not believing exactly what some group of people believe.

Tolerance and compassion only for people who live, look, and think like us is something that bothers the crap out of me, and wont be part of a group that acts that way.

I am not a bible scholar, but I just can believe that God or Jesus or who ever would want the people in a church to run the gays or other groups out into the cold in the name of "religion".

I get by nicely out here on the barren prairie by trying to live by the golden rule.

Jim,

A couple of my in-laws got sucked in by one of the "shunning" Millerite churches. The things I dislike about it the most is they tell the wife not to take her medication (God will heal here), and they've separated him from the family. So he's lost an important support mechanism, and he won't come hunting and fishing with us anymore.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus,

This issue homosexuality is a question of economics, When you have limited resources and can only feed so many people, it becomes more important to examine the contribution of each individual and how it affect the survival of the civilization. In parts of ancient Greece, at least in Sparta, babies with deformities we "exposed", or left on a mountain top to die. Now, we spend millions of dollars to save them.

Today the most productive farmers in history, the American farmer, although making up only 2% of our population, produce enough food to feed our country two and and have time. This is a big difference between now and when the Bible was written. Today feeding a deadbeat is not tantamount to death for a producing citizen, so we give the dead beats more leeway.

Yes, Gus, times have changed over the past few thousand years.

a friend of a friend has a republic of south africa citizen who is his fiance. she travels to our part of ne georgia fairly frequently. when she arrives, she wants to spend a bit of her time shopping locally. levi jeans in RSA could run 200-300 $ per pair. but, according to her, a sample of one, she indicates food prices overall are much lower there (RSA) than here in the USA. i do know our farmers are super efficient. they have to be to compete and survive. but, the propaganda i've heard over the years is that american food is among or the cheapest in the world. maybe the sample of one depicted here is an inaccurate (non-representative) sample.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by justin10mm

There again you have your example. There was no reason for this attack against the Christian belief in God.

The next time you meet someone, try insulting their wife in the worst way you can think of and see how much good will you receive from them after that.If anything, I have witnessed Christians having remarkable restraint in their conversations with atheists on this forum,doing their best to ignore insults against what they hold most dear. They do this for only one reason, hoping that be some grace a word they say may ring true and save a person from destruction.

RH,

Your example is not valid.

This is religious thread with a religious reference in the title. This is not the reloading forum, so your accusation does not hold.

If someone walks up to you and ask you to suck their dick, you would be justified in your offence on the street, but not in a gay bar.

All Justin did was take your belief system and plug in a different fictitious creature. In a thread titled "Why does everyone hate atheist", you should expect example of how your reasoning fails.

Instead of turning into a snowflake, how about countering with a logical argument demonstrating why his example is not valid?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Scott, I worked customer disputes at a large brokerage firm for several years. Anytime someone brought up their religion during a dispute, they would attempt to leverage it for money. Not once did I ever hear, "because I'm a good Christian I will pay what I owe". It was always, I'm a good (insert religion, or ethnicity here), so you should give me money.

I would amend Ringman's statement (after all, he just told everyone to never do business with him!) to I'd be very caution about doing business with anyone who claimed their religion was a reason I should do business with them.

Of course, that's a minority of Christian. Most Christians I do business with convinced me they have the best product at the best price, and never mention their religion.

As you know those who tout their perfection generally do so to hide their flaws. Ringman's has previously stated he does not sin. If that is so then good for mum but when his wife makes statements like the one he posted then she is bearing false witness about those she does not know making g me wonder if Ringman's is unevenly yoked.

I am not perfect in any way and even if I were I would never have the nerve to say I do not sin.

The whole thing makes me feel ill. Think I will lave this subject alone.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I don't think Christians should water anything down. It's more about how you speak the truth, the manner in which it is presented. Read the gospels. You never see Jesus going someplace and telling everyone they are Going to Hell if they don't bow down and worship him.

If Christians decided to "water down nothing" and all begin preaching Young Earth Creationisms, women be silent, and death to gays, witches, etc...the pews would empty quickly, and there would be a lot of empty Churches re-purposed as night clubs.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ConradCA

Atheists are imposing their religion on everyone else by attacking any evidence of religion in the public square.

Atheism is not a religion, and if your so called evidence is strong enough to withstand scrutiny it shouldn't matter. But what you call evidence is very weak, so instead of providing better, stronger evidence, you complain.

How about instead of complaining, you tell us what you believe, why you believe it, and present your evidence for scrutiny?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't think Christians should water anything down. It's more about how you speak the truth, the manner in which it is presented. Read the gospels. You never see Jesus going someplace and telling everyone they are Going to Hell if they don't bow down and worship him.[/quote]

If Christians decided to "water down nothing" and all begin preaching Young Earth Creationisms, women be silent, and death to gays, witches, etc...the pews would empty quickly, and there would be a lot of empty Churches re-purposed as night clubs. [/quote]

at least for a spell. then a re-vitalization or rebirth, or re-purposing "might" emerge. as the muslim interlopers gain strength in numbers and converts, they might make attempts to buy, rent or lease the abandoned facilities to convert to locations of "muslim-type" worship opportunities (for the masses).

on the other hand, if night clubs bring in more revenue than mosques, then the mosques will have a more difficult time expanding their locations.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (160user, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 71 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,188
Posts18,503,372
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.