Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Did we decide if Jews or Amazon tribesmen get to go to heaven?

What about Mormons? Buddhists?

God decided at the foundation of the world.

2 Thessalonians 2:7-9
"the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,"

and

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
"But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the Word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Did we decide if Jews or Amazon tribesmen get to go to heaven?

What about Mormons? Buddhists?

From a commentary:

The Bible teaches that God is going to judge the world fairly and righteously. “Because he hath appointed a day, in which he will judge the world in righteousness” (Acts 17:31). This means that when all the facts are in, God’s name will be vindicated and no one will be able to accuse Him of being unfair.

It just may be best not to know everything. God has not revealed how exactly he is going to deal with people who have never heard of Jesus Christ. Even though we may not know how He is going to deal with these people specifically, we do know that His judgment is going to be absolutely just.

The Scriptures contain examples of individuals who were accepted by God, even though their knowledge of Him was limited. He is not a respecter of persons, but accepts all that come to him. Rahab, the prostitute, had only a small amount of knowledge of God as she heard what he had done. It was enough knowledge to act on it. The Bible refers to her as a woman of faith, and her actions were commended (Joshua 2:9; Hebrews 11:31). Naaman, the Syrian, was granted peace with God because he exercised faith, even though he was living in the midst of a pagan culture (II Kings 5:15–19). Jonah a prophet, was only one man sent to Nineveh, a ruthless pagan society, and they repented at his preaching of judgment (Jonah 3:5).

There is an example of a man who was in a situation much like the scenario we are discussing. His name was Cornelius. He was a very religious man who was constantly praying to God. He was gentile who had not heard of Jesus Christ, but he was honestly asking God to reveal Himself to him.

God answered the prayer of Cornelius, and sent the apostle Peter to him to give him the gospel. He did it then and he will do it today. This example demonstrates that anyone who is sincerely desiring to know God will hear about Jesus.

Last edited by TF49; 10/02/16.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I did not quite follow that last part. Are they or aren't going to be allowed into heaven?

Does this mean the Applebees meeting is off?

I am MAGA.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Again, not interested in what the men wrote the bible has to say. I want to hear from you guys who talk directly to god to get the current take on things.

Also, not impressed with a religion that relies on threats and intimidation. The guys who wrote the bible should have just stuck with the positive messages, it plays better for a lot of people. How many times was the bible translated, edited etc.? Wasn't the Koran written after the bible? Why don't you consider that to be the sequel? Their are religions based on Book of Mormon and Dianetics too. So??

You obviously don't understand Christians. A true Christian gets his ideas from the Bible.

Your idea of what the writers of the Bible should have written is quite funny. It claims to be the written Words of God. If It's not, them the Bible is irrelevant. The Bible has been translated into hundreds of languages from the original languages. There are literally thousands of manuscripts and fragments of manuscripts so that the careful translator or student can see where copies were corrupted. There are only about forty lines in the entire New Testament where everyone does not agree on whether they should be there or not. That is not possible with the Koran. One of the Islamic leaders destroyed all the manuscripts of Muhammad and copies he didn't like.

I'm curious. Why did you capitalize the "K" in Koran and not capitalize the "b" in Bible?

i've wondered more than once, on the internet why in the world would anyone capitalize anything? it just requires more/additional key-strokes, and we all know that god is an economizer. no?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
There are some I like and some I can't stand. People don't believe because they have had a different experience in life than people who do. I can't blame a guy who doesn't believe but I don't like the ones who presume anyone who is a believer is an idiot. Those are the dipshits that bitch and moan about it. I don't believe in the tooth fairy, but then again I don't spend every day of my life bitching about said fairy. Why in the world would anybody spend that much time trying to disprove something they don't even believe in and call themselves ENLIGHTENED.

I don't know anyone who has ever been healed in the name of the tooth fairy, but I know a couple who have been healed in the name of Jesus,,, a man with an experience is NEVER at the mercy of a dumbazz with an argument. But they don't want to talk about that. I'm out, these threads smell as bad as most atheists, arm pits and greasy hair...

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TF49,

Your post reminds me of a missionary I met when I was about 14 or 15 years old. He told me about when he was young and went to Africa. He told me about one village he visited. At his first sermon he started in Genesis and went through the story of Jesus, The Creator, dying, being buried and coming back to life. Everyone in the village became a Christian and he was amazed. Of course he asked why. The chief told him something to the effect, "Two years ago I was praying to the hunt god. Then I realized we have the moon god and the sun god and other gods. I also thought 'I am the chief. There is no one else. In the future we will worship only the Chief God. You came and told us about the Chief God.'"

He also claimed to be the first missionary to the Pygmies. They also were converted en mas. Again he was curious. He discovered they were already worshiping the God of Noah. All he did was tell them the rest of the story.

There is a lot more. If anyone is interested give a PM and I will send you some very fun information.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I did not quite follow that last part. Are they or aren't going to be allowed into heaven?

Does this mean the Applebees meeting is off?

Faith in the one true God is paramount.

It is my understanding that Buddha and Joseph Smith are not adequate substitutes.

Jews? Well, do they have saving faith in the one true God? In the OT times one could say yes. Today, not so much.

The natives in the Amazon are difficult for me. Rahab did not seem to have much knowledge yet she had saving faith in the one true God. I do not understand all of this.

I'm gonna quit this thread. Getting stale.

G'night

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
What's with all the religion posts lately? Just trolls or is it more than that?

Jeff, I haven't started a "religion" post and can't say why others do, but think it may be a combo of factors. Some seem well-intended toward sharing or celebrating faith; some seem honestly inquisitive; some seem to want to offer "alternatives"; others seem intended to challenge/mock/degrade/misrepresent the faith positions of others; some seem like the utterances of angry folks trying to figure out why. No doubt there are other drivers too.

One could simplify the above and say that people are "seeking" - which would seem good - but probably way too simple.

Beyond that, I often have wondered about the way some posters engage others and how they behave on here - thinking that may be a key to why the threads keep coming. Still, no clear answers.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Beyond that, I often have wondered about the way some posters engage others and how they behave on here - thinking that may be a key to why the threads keep coming. Still, no clear answers.

Seen through the glass, darkly? grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Lets keep this train wreak rolling. I'm genuinely curious to hear the reasons why I and others are doomed to an eternity of torment and agony.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Lets keep this train wreak rolling. I'm genuinely curious to hear the reasons why I and others are doomed to an eternity of torment and agony.

Don't know you, your beliefs and certainly not your soul - so can't know the reasons you seek. I believe you need not be doomed as described.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Where do you people live where there are squadrons of atheists beating down your doors to tell you that religion is silly?

Are you not physically imposing enough to ward off such attention?

Granted, I live in a weird place, but smack between two reservations is not where I would expect the most tolerant people in the US to reside. Guess it is.

The only people that have ever tried to clobber me with knowledge have been Christians.
So what did they do- knock on your door, hurl epithaths on a street corner, post on a forum?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Atheists are the ultimate hypocrites. They condemn every other religion, especially Christian, while denying that their fer ventless held beliefs are a religion. They feel their religious views should supersede the majority, no prayer in school or Christmas displays in town squares.

I was through posting on this subject until I read this. You've hit the nail on the head, except for one small thing.....it's Christians they come after more so than the other religions. I do not believe in cramming my religious views down anyone's throat. Typically, that does more damage than it does good. But, I also do not believe in sugar coating it either. Things are what they are, and if it offends an atheist because I tell them that they are going to end up in Hell, then so be it. They do many things that offend me, but I try not to make an issue out of it.

It's statements like that that are offensive since you've arrogantly judged another on your belief which can't be proven.
Why be offended by something you don't believe in? Particularly, when it comes from someone who does?

That's like being offended when Girl Scouts try to sell you cookies. Maybe that offends you, too, which would explain a lot.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A couple of years back my son and I were outside throwing the football playing catch. Two young men from the local Mormon church saw us and came by to talk. I explained that I'm Lutheran (baptized catholic) and I'm not in the market for a new religion. They understood and the conversation turned to school, sports and hunting. We all chatted for a couple of hours before they went on their way. Very kind, polite and interesting young men that were great witnesses for their faith. Hardly the kind of kids that inspired hatred for their beliefs nor did they insinuate any hatred for mine. Religions get a bad rap but in my life I've seen far more good that they've produced. I don't hate the religious or non religious just based upon their personal beliefs, words and actions are what turn me off from anyone that isn't a "decent" person.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Without reading it, I know this thread jumped the shark long ago. But...

I don't hate atheists. I hate atheism. When you strip it down to it's core it's just nihilism. I can't think of anything more sad or depressing.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I have always found Mormon's to be genuinely good folks. Particularly, their missionaries. I've enjoyed discussions with them. They just don't come around anymore, though. Not even the JW's.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Me too Ricky. By the statements from some though I should be righteously offended that someone dared to attempt to "force" their beliefs on me. 😬

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
A couple of years back my son and I were outside throwing the football playing catch. Two young men from the local Mormon church saw us and came by to talk. I explained that I'm Lutheran (baptized catholic) and I'm not in the market for a new religion. They understood and the conversation turned to school, sports and hunting. We all chatted for a couple of hours before they went on their way. Very kind, polite and interesting young men that were great witnesses for their faith. Hardly the kind of kids that inspired hatred for their beliefs nor did they insinuate any hatred for mine. Religions get a bad rap but in my life I've seen far more good that they've produced. I don't hate the religious or non religious just based upon their personal beliefs, words and actions are what turn me off from anyone that isn't a "decent" person.

Same here. Agree with them or not,most of them are the kind of people that make good neighbors and good friends.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Atheists are the ultimate hypocrites. They condemn every other religion, especially Christian, while denying that their fer ventless held beliefs are a religion. They feel their religious views should supersede the majority, no prayer in school or Christmas displays in town squares.

I was through posting on this subject until I read this. You've hit the nail on the head, except for one small thing.....it's Christians they come after more so than the other religions. I do not believe in cramming my religious views down anyone's throat. Typically, that does more damage than it does good. But, I also do not believe in sugar coating it either. Things are what they are, and if it offends an atheist because I tell them that they are going to end up in Hell, then so be it. They do many things that offend me, but I try not to make an issue out of it.

It's statements like that that are offensive since you've arrogantly judged another on your belief which can't be proven.

Why be offended by something you don't believe in? Particularly, when it comes from someone who does?

That's like being offended when Girl Scouts try to sell you cookies. Maybe that offends you, too, which would explain a lot.

You've written some dumb schist but that has to be the dumbest.

The cookies are real, tangible objects. Your belief in fairy tale places such as Heaven or Hell are just that YOUR beliefs.There's no tangible proof or evidence of their existence.

Last edited by Sauer200; 10/03/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Your belief in fairy tale places such as Heaven or Hell are just that YOUR beliefs.There's no tangible proof or evidence of their existence.

You can say that about Islam, but saying that about Christianity is just silly.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,352
Posts18,506,261
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.