Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Looking to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.[Linked Image]

RNC lawyers look at options for replacing Trump
By Ben Schreckinger
10/08/16 01:53 PM EDT

The Republican National Committee is taking the weekend to reevaluate its strategy while lawyers examine the legal hurdles to replacing Donald Trump with another nominee, according to Republicans in touch with the committee.
On Friday night, RNC chair Reince Priebus told an aggrieved state party chair that he realized a public dumping of Trump by the party would sink the nominee’s remaining chances. He said the committee would take 48 hours to reevaluate its election strategy, according to a Republican operative briefed on the conversation.
Story Continued Below
The RNC saw the departure of two low-level field staffers in the states on Friday night and is expecting more, according to the operative.
Meanwhile, the RNC has lawyers examining the possibility of putting forth another nominee one month from Election Day, with ballots already printed and early voting in progress in some states, according to two other Republicans. “RNC has an army of lawyers right now looking at Rule 9 and ballot questions,” said one, a Republican strategist. The RNC’s Rule 9 pertains to filling vacant nominations.
But the lawyers have concluded that Trump would have to cooperate in any attempt to replace him, said another Republican in touch with the committee. “The fact remains that he can only be replaced if he quits or dies. And he’s declared today he’s not planning on doing either.”
Even as they consider eleventh-hour options, party officials are urging local operatives to remain calm and see if Trump can weather the storm.

Matt Pinnell, the RNC's state party director, has been fielding calls from chairmen around the country and urging them to stay the course, at least for now.
Steve House, the Colorado GOP chairman, texted Pinnell on Saturday morning with questions, including one how to potentially replace a nominee once his name has been printed on ballots that are about to be sent out.
"I asked if we should change course in any way regarding resources, strategy and the answer was, 'No'," House said. "So we're just going to keep doing what we're doing and see what happens in the next 24 hours, especially with the debate."
RNC spokesman Sean Spicer did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/republicans-replace-trump-229352#ixzz4MXcx2zJa

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it a worthwhile effort.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JEB! Bush just crawled out of his bottle and little Nikki Haley has her party dress on again and is waiting in the wings of the national stage to take her place in the annals of history...

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dum azzes

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They wont replace Trump.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
RNC, noticing bumps in its scrotum, has them removed.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Dum azzes

Yep!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I know you guys don't want to hear this but I still think Trump may be off of the ticket by midweek. The down-stream ticket will get crushed if they don't. You nominated a seriously flawed candidate and the results will be huge and long lasting.

Last edited by northwestalaska; 10/08/16.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
I know you guys don't want to hear this but I still think Trump may be off of the ticket by midweek. The down-stream ticket will get crushed if they don't. You nominated a seriously flawed candidate and the results will be huge and long lasting.

HOW?

The only way he can be removed is by his own death or resignation. He tweeted tonight in all caps that there was no way he was resigning.

They cannot "Fire" or replace him post convention. Other option's do not exist for either party.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The RNC was pulling for Hillary anyway. This will be their lame excuse to maintain the status quo.

B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by byc

HOW?

The only way he can be removed is by his own death or resignation. He tweeted tonight in all caps that there was no way he was resigning.

They cannot "Fire" or replace him post convention. Other option's do not exist for either party.

Whose to say he won't have a convenient "heart attack"?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc

HOW?

Walt is not smart enought to figure that out. He's just worried that the Donald is gonna crush his gal Billary in November.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pat85
The RNC was pulling for Hillary anyway. This will be their lame excuse to maintain the status quo.

Sad but it's probably pretty damn close to the truth. mad

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The RNC could ask Pence to resign from the ticket which would put tremendous pressure on Trump to drop out of the race on his own accord.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Squidge
The RNC could ask Pence to resign from the ticket which would put tremendous pressure on Trump to drop out of the race on his own accord.

Bingo!!

I believe that will be the strategy. AND trump is likely ready to dump Pence after his non-supportive stance towards Trumps remarks. And rightly so as it's in his (Pence) best interest!

Go Nats!!!!

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

and speaking of seriously flawed candidates...... It is telling how solid and widespread democratic support is for Hildabeast - I will not enumerate her flaws, corruption, treason, and incompetence here- while most republicans are supporting Trump somewhat reluctantly if at all due to his real and perceived flaws.

Democrats will support any jackass with a D with enthusiasm it appears, while at least conservatives have enough judgement to hold their nose to vote for the elephant in the room.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hildabeast could be throwing aborted fetuses in a blender during a debate and the Dems would back her and still vote for her. The Dems support their candidates. The republicans ......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe Trump will recruit Crispy Cream or ole Newt wink

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/08/16.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Tomorrow night's debate is going to be ugly real ugly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I CANT wait until the debate tomorrow night. Maybe Trump will call Hillary the C word. wink

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/08/16.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Tomorrow night's debate is going to be ugly real ugly.

Big time!!!! Really BIG time!!

I know some folks who will now not subject their kids to the debate.

Oh my...how far we have fallen.... mad Well they!

Last edited by byc; 10/08/16.

Go Nats!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 2500HD, 160user, 222ND, 57 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,610
Posts18,511,706
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.