Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Curious as to how many would change their primary vote if we knew then what we know now?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
What do we know now?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Our horse is behind in nearly every poll to one of the worst candidates the Dems have ever run.....for starters.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There were no good candidates except Trump. The rest of the field was comprised of party ball washers, except Dr. Carson who is too meek for the Presidency.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So A&8's is a no.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Our horse is behind in nearly every poll to one of the worst candidates the Dems have ever run.....for starters.

Maybe,....maybe not.

In any event, Trump has been saying what needed to be said and 10's of millions of Americans agree with him.

None of the other GOP candidates had the nerve to do it. In fact, virtually all of them are hooked up to the same tit that Hillary is sucking on.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
turnout is the key. folks have got to vote, it doesn't matter who the candidate is.\

at this point it's all turnout, and nothing but turnout (to vote).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not me, I will vote for Trump, but haven't yet. What we know now has been obvious forever. If he could "mind his mouth" the race would be his. He can not.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Can't disagree with that at all, B. Just seems like we went all in with a hand full of chit cards that look worse as the end nears.

He wasn't my choice in the primary, not because I disagreed with his message, but because he never seemed like a serious/viable candidate.

Just wondering if folk would of gone for the long play if given another opportunity.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
So A&8's is a no.

Correct. Virtually the only way to the presidency is to be a politician of some stripe and that's the problem. Their qualifying factor is my disqualifying factor. Once you're a politician you are owned by someone (plural). Trumps' ability to be a maverick is appealing. F'k the establishment and the cronyism it's created.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Not me, I will vote for Trump, but haven't yet. What we know now has been obvious forever. If he could "mind his mouth" the race would be his. He can not.

Seemed obvious enough, but here we are.

It's like the Browns are about to win the Superbowl because the Patriots decided to start Tebow. Lol.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The people get the government they deserve.

Trump was and is the only candidate speaking the truth.

If America doesn't want the truth, or change, then that is where we sit.

Call (or text) me when it's go time.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Hillary has *never* drawn a crowd like this. Trump does it all the time.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
be prepared to recieve a passenger pigeon or a smoke signal at that point. the internet, telly, and other commo's won't be trustworthy if one doesn't wish to find themselves in the gulag.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Curious as to how many would change their primary vote if we knew then what we know now?

Well... I was all set to vote for Cruz but by the time you and I voted in the WA primaries Cruz had been mathematically eliminated (at least when I sent in my ballot) and the only person on the ballot that had any balls to stand up to the media and Clinton was Trump. So Trump got my vote.

Despite the defeatists around here... THERE WAS NO REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE THAT WAS GOING TO STAND UP TO THE MEDIA. FIRST REPORTER TO LEVEL "RACIST, HOMOPHOBE, ISLAMOPHOBE, SEXIST, ETC." WOULD HAVE CAUSED ANY OF THE OTHER 16 TO COWER AND GO RUNNING FOR THE HILLS. Except **maybe** Cruz and Carson. Cruz would have launched into a sermon to prove he wasn't the -ist flavor of the day and turned people off (this isn't a dig at evangelicals, just Cruz's style). Carson, as mentioned, is too soft spoken to be the leader of this country. Carson can't handle the aggressive media.

I've said it before and will say it again. I would rather have Cruz as president. Cruz would have lost in a landslide to Clinton, as would have any of the other 15 people that tried to get the nod except Trump. None of the non-Trump candidates would have carried more than maybe one swing state.

I just don't understand the fact some people think we're doomed and have given up.

ETA: Carson and Cruz were usually right, but when making their point they took too damned long beating around the bush (no pun intended). They would never have said anything bad about illegals streaming across the southern border for fear of the media. Trump comes right out and calls them criminals but yet that some are good people. Trump speaks directly to the citizens, no media filter. He's right on a lot of stuff, he knows it, we know it. It's his message and how it is delivered resonating with people- not the candidate. If Cruz or Carson had the exact same message and delivery, we wouldn't have Trump. PERIOD!

Last edited by bigfish9684; 10/23/16.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Kasich would have beaten Clinton. I think he would have nominated SC justices that were 20% more conservative than Clinton will get approved. I think he would have kept a R majority in the Senate, and might have gained a few seats in the House.

Not perfect, but he has run a government, and Ohio has EVERYTHING: seaports, rustbelts, college towns, appalachia, coal mining, manufacturing, agriculture, railroads, interstates, blacks, whites, serbo-croatians, inner-city , Amish, rural.

My money was on Perry for the nomination, so you know how good I am at picking horses.

Sycamore

p/s

Trump has made a living convincing people he has what they want. don't feel bad about being taken in by him, he has suckered people for 40 years, he is a pro.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Sycamore
I think Kasich would have beaten Clinton. I think he would have nominated SC justices that were 20% more conservative than Clinton will get approved. I think he would have kept a R majority in the Senate, and might have gained a few seats in the House.

Not perfect, but he has run a government, and Ohio has EVERYTHING: seaports, rustbelts, college towns, appalachia, coal mining, manufacturing, agriculture, railroads, interstates, blacks, whites, serbo-croatians, inner-city , Amish, rural.

My money was on Perry for the nomination, so you know how good I am at picking horses.

Sycamore

p/s

Trump has made a living convincing people he has what they want. don't feel bad about being taken in by him, he has suckered people for 40 years, he is a pro.

i totally agree with your every sentiment. but does that make the hillary one iota better, given her history of "service?"

we're choosing between the lesser of the two, or maybe the greater? i don't know for sure. sure trump is a bit warty, but isn't hillary a bit more warty than even he?

the good news is that the day after the election the sun will arise & set on schedule.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[bleep] Kasich! Talk about a shill for the establishment.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sycamore
I think Kasich would have beaten Clinton.

At least democrats would have a choice.

Liberal or liberal light.

Same difference.

We need some real leadership in the country and the world.

The POTUS usually leads the world arena, but with the wimpy schidt we have now, and potentially for the next 8 years, the door is wide open.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well.....since I wrote in Rand Paul....No...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 57 invisible), 2,267 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,769
Posts18,476,780
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.