Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It was probably your sweet smile

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by whit
No sunday hunting for most game species only foxes, coyotes and crows. The concern over semi autos are mainly due to the populated areas. In SE PA, homes surround most suitable hunting areas. And we do have nearly 900,000 hunters so the public hunting areas can get packed, especially close to the access areas.

And they don't want citizens shot more than once? grin No, I don't get it but I've fished enough in PA (just hunted groundhogs/crows on private ground) to know that the regulations can be as byzantine as they get.

Never have been checked for my license up there though even fishing on public land.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by gitem_12
the antler restrictions have been a boon.

and it's part if the reason there are more deer. as far as nor shooting doe? shoot them

the main reason people aren't seeing the deer they think they should be is the very way the hunting styles have changed. mostly gone are the big groups of people getting together to drive deer and move them

with ever increasing amounts of land being posted and hunters choosing to sit in treestand and deer being deer they don't have to move as much
Not sure where you are in Pa, or how old you are, but the deer numbers in NW Pa are down. Not sure about other areas. This is just an observation from being out of Pa for 40 years, and coming back to the same area. Not a lot of hunter success . Private land is ok, but public is pretty meager. Heard 60 shots the first hour last year. I was on 1700 acres, and you had to shoot a buck, an 8 pt. No way there were that many 8 pointers on that parcel. Didn't see any deer being dragged. Lotta missing, I guess. As far as semi autos, why not? Sunday hunting, why not? Never have seen the reason for banning either of them. There will be a whole bunch of squirrel hunters very happy to carry that trick 10-22 legally, in the field.

Did you ever stop and think that the deer population of "the good ole days" was vastly above the carrying capacity of the land.

I'm in the NE. and while our deer population isnt what it was as a kid. it still isn't tough to see 50 deer or more a day hunting and we routinely see over 100 deer spotlighting in 2 hours time

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No sunday hunting for most game species only foxes, coyotes and crows. The concern over semi autos are mainly due to the populated areas. In SE PA, homes surround most suitable hunting areas. And we do have nearly 900,000 hunters so the public hunting areas can get packed, especially close to the access areas.

But those populated areas already allow semi auto shotguns for big game hunting

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Wrong again. Don't you ever tire of it.
A heavy burden I'm sure.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Patience will bring the semi-auto. I'm sure they see the same trends on GC shooting ranges as we see on our club ranges. I'm also sure they are aware of the ever increasing numbers that are being sold.

Follow the money and money is to be made by perhaps selling additional licenses to this new generation of shooters.

Other day shot next to a young fellow with a high-end semi .308W and he was putting down consistent sub MOA groups. Also nice enough to have a blocker so his empties were not flying two benches down. Mentioned that the SA law was being voted on and asked him if he was going Deer hunting. Said no, but he wants to start. The future? Who knows, but his age group will certainly be something the GC needs to consider.

Last edited by battue; 11/23/16.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by battue
Your public areas may get packed. Mine don't.

If they're public, then aren't they both both of yours'?

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ya, but I choose not to hunt his. Mine? Ok, I'll just hunt ours. The ones that are not packed.

One I hunted today is almost 16,000 acres. One of the biggest that is close. There are multiple others, 2,000, 5,000, etc. Then there are multiple State parks and Forests. The Allegheny National Forest is 500,000. Pitiful by Montana standards, but it doesn't take much effort to get away from the crowds in Pa.

He can drive 3 hours West and be in a million acres of Big Wood wildnerness. Little reason to hunt a packed area.

Last edited by battue; 11/23/16.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The concern over semi autos are mainly due to the populated areas.

Can you explain why that is supposed to make sense?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
The public lands in the southeast around Phila. are small game lands ranging from 100 - 6000 acres. They are surrounded by homes. While the special regulation areas allow semi auto shotguns, the public perception is that slugs don't travel as far. The areas just outside the special reg. areas of the southeast PA are almost very developed. People are worried about the hunters that only shoot their rifles the week before the season and can't hit the target consistently shooting around their homes. They are envisioning guys throwing lead at running deer with an AR.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That makes perfect sense now. Thanks.

Are you guys allowed to hunt on Thanksgiving or is that a no-no as well?

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
50 in a day, 100 in two hours spotting, that's old day numbers here. It's not unusual for 3 of us to see a dozen or less, none, in a day. Two hours spotting, maybe 30. Most will be in one or two groups, on private land where doe hunting is prohibited.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by deflave
That makes perfect sense now. Thanks.

Are you guys allowed to hunt on Thanksgiving or is that a no-no as well?

Dave

thanksgiving allowed. any holiday is allowed as long as its in season and not a sunday.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That makes sense.

Dave

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 204guy, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,023
Posts18,500,462
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.